Thursday, September 22, 2011

ART & WINE FESTIVAL

Here I am in sunny California!  
The title of this post sounds like lots of fun doesn't it?  Art and Wine?  Well it was! 

Last Saturday Ashleigh and I walked over from her house to the Santa Clara park where this event was held.  
There were lots of vendors but I think the word ART was used loosely.  There were some artists but lots of crafts also.  Ash and I each bought a pair of earrings.  Mine are glass and really pretty...see
These are made of Dichroic Glass which has reflective and refractive capabilities.  This glass is produced in optics laboratories.  Extremely thin layers of metal oxides are deposited onto clear glass in vacuum chamber.  This coating reflects certain light and lets other pass through.  The colors are obtained by different thicknesses of the coating.  
It is hard to photograph just how pretty these are.  The different colors and how they change in the sunlight are amazing.  

We also drank some wine on this hot day as we walked around...we sat in the shade for a little while to cool down 
 
Me and my girl!
It is a lovely park with this nice pond in the middle
The sun was really bright and it was crowded so I didn't get many photos
We ate some pretty good grilled teriyaki chicken!
Talked a lot and listened to some music.
We had a really good time! 
I was tired and a little sunburned but happy!
So ends my first adventure in Sunny Calif!


I'm linking this up to Potpourri Friday

My next Cali adventure....the beach! 


Linda

  

25 comments:

Kathleen said...

Have fun! I have never been to CA. My sis lived there for years, but I never got to visit. SO expensive to fly there!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Looks like you're having fun Linda-enjoy:@)

Barbara F. said...

I went to California one time back in the 80's for business, we only got to be in LA, I'd love to visit other parts one day. xo

Susan said...

Oh,Linda, so happy you are visiting with your daughter. Sounds like you girls are having a fabulous time. What a great vacation. Take care. Susan

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...

Sounds and looks like a fun time Linda! Enjoy!

BECKY said...

What a beautiful area! So glad you're having a great visit!

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Looks like it was quite a fun afternoon. I really love those earrings too. I bet they really are so pretty in person!

PⒿ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®0₥... said...

I think of that as a perfect left coast day! You guys look like you had so much fun!!!!

Diann said...

Looks like you are having a blast Linda! I am glad you are having fun. Love the earrings!

the cape on the corner said...

those earrings will go with everything! super cute! it looks like you had a nice day...we went to the PA wine festival a couple months ago. it was good, wine was fabulous, but those events just draw sooo many people, it makes it unenjoyable, just waiting in line all day. enjoy the rest of your trip.

ps-fun and funky hair color on ash. love!

Chatty Crone said...

Okay - I cant believe you are having that great of a time without me! Looks like fun.

I like Ash's hair - I think we need to add a little pink in ours when you get home - what do you think? Or that maroon color - just a strand of so!

Love the earring too - I know that kind of glass.

Miss you.
sandie

AshTreeCottage said...

So glad that you two are having fun in sunny Cal!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Love your new earrings. They should pick up the color of anything you wear. Great choice!!! I'm glad you and Ashleigh are having a good time. Enjoy your remaining Cali days!!!

Honey at 2805 said...

Sounds like you really had a great time!

Thank you so much to linking to Potpourri Friday. Your participation is appreciated!

Cozy Little House said...

The pics of the water are beautiful! Bet the weather was fantastic too.
Brenda

Ames said...

Nothing like getting some girl time in. Hope you bought yourself some of those pretty earrings. Enjoy!~Ames

Tara Dillard said...

Amazing how it looks like Piedmont Park !!

Thank you for the science lesson. Explains a lot of what has attracted me to certain rocks.

Garden & Be Well, XO T

pamq said...

Ooooo! Now that looks like a fun day!

Such a beautiful setting.....

And I know you will remember the day every time you put on your beautiful new earrings!

LOVE Ashleigh's hair!!!!!!!

sissie said...

Hi Linda,
You look like you are so happy spending time with your daughter. Looks like a beautiful place. I love your earrings too.

hugs
Sissie

cj Schlottman said...

I want those earrings! Your trip sounds like a wonderful time for a wonderful writer and collector of great stuff. I love your posts!

Namaste..............cj

Dragonfly Treasure said...

Glad you're enjoying our wonderful California sunshine!! Have fun!!
*hugs*deb

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Looks like you're having a grand time. Your new earrings are gorgeous! I've never seen anything like them. You're going to look gorgous wearing them. Thanks for taking us along with you. hugs ~lynne~

Ellen said...

US has beautiful coastlines. I just love San Fransico when I visited my brother in law there. Looks like you and your daughter are having the time of your life. Good for you.
Enjoy
Hugs,
Ellen

GARAGE SALE GAL ~ Deb's Earthly Delights said...

Much fun with your daughter. I hope you had a great time at the beach! I love the beach.
Keep having fun!
Warmly,
deb

~~Carol~~ said...

I bet you tasted some really great wines, because Cali is wine country, isn't it?! I love dichroic glass, and have a few pieces of jewelry made with it. Looks like you're having a great time, Linda!