Saturday, July 31, 2010

CONTEST COUNTDOWN!

Just a few more hours left to enter the "Let me shop for you on the World's Longest Yard Sale" Contest!  It ends Sunday Aug 1st at noon eastern time.  

A few more of my finds from last years WLYS!
 Last year I found this very cute notebook decorated with buttons for $1 ~ I had decided I needed to start recording what I bought and what I paid so I could remember
This turned out to be the perfect book
I am trying to remember what I bought in 2008
And I will have all my 2010 purchases listed when I return home

This Samsonite Train Case isn't in the best shape
but I love it for storage
This little glass was chipped but I loved the bird 
decoration and for 50 cents bought it
I walked by these S & P shakers a couple of times
since they weren't marked but finally bought them for $1

I love this shade of green in the sandwich glass 
plate I bought for $4 not the best price but  it was
at a sale where they were cheaper on some other items I bought...not a dealer, a real yard sale
Mr ALC and I found these wonderful mock ups for a sign company...we loved them and were going to buy one But the guy gave them all to us for the price of one!
Winkler Sign Co, Inc.
We ended up with about 5 of them
This is one of my favorites
The info is interesting!

So there you have it, more of our incredible finds
If you haven't already entered the contest then
go HERE

Always,
Linda

10 comments:

Susan said...

That's good you write down your purchases, Linda. That's a good idea. Have FUN! Oh, hope I win! ha! Take care and have a nice Sunday. Susan

Diann said...

Hi Linda!

Oh, what fun things! That notebook is as cute as a button (groan...I just couldn't resist!)

My favorite are those sign company pictures! Those are just awesome!

淑林林松 said...

一時的錯誤不算什麼,錯而不改才是一生中永遠且最大的錯誤..................................................

Vintage Christine said...

I carry around a notebook too but invariably forget to write things down, usually because I'm so caught up in the buying thing. Then I get all the stuff home and wish I'd taken the time to record prices. Because you can NEVER remember!

sissie said...

Hi Linda,
You find the best stuff! Those sign prototypes are wonderful. I can just see them all grouped together as wall hangings.

Love that little vintage suitcase too.

hugs
Sissie

Jane said...

More great finds. I love the sign prototypes...they are really cool.
Have a wonderful Sunday.
Jane

~~Carol~~ said...

What fun and unusual things you found last year! That's got to be one of the best things about the WLYS. You just never know what you'll find! Oh, and I have the suitcase that matches your train case. It sits by my sewing machine, and holds a bunch of leftover fabric!
Happy Sunday!
Carol

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

You've really given me the "bug" to get out and discovered flea market finds!!! Always a treat!
Have FUN!!!
Coralie

Chatty Crone said...

Hey you got some really cute things last time at the biggest garage sale. What a great idea about writing them down - looked like an Irish person made the notebook or a girlscout - cute.

sandie

Rose said...

good morning I enjoyed looking at your items. green is my favorite color, so i went nuts on the greenplate. the book with buttons is so one of a kind. sounds you will use it well. have a good day. Rose