Monday, February 16, 2015

Art Project Week 6

I am late sharing this weeks art project
I didn't get started on it until Saturday because I had such a busy week
February brought a new theme
"Layers You Will Love"
Art Challenge: When not to stop
Journal Prompt: "Don't stop til you get enough" (ooh)

First layer is crumpled tissue paper I put down with Mod Podge.  After it dried I used Gesso on the page to give it texture.
I used a bright red acrylic paint to swoosh some hearts on the page.  I then added those I love to the hearts with a soft black pencil.
I added another layer of color using 'true blue'
I painted it on then using a paper towel took a lot of it off
I have a lot of heart/valentine stamps and I randomly used then on the pages as another layer
I have a lot of cancelled stamps and envelopes and used a heart punch to make some hearts. I added them to the page for yet another layer.
My last layer was Gesso with pale pink acrylic paint brushed on and paper toweled off.
I added 'Layers of Love' with my new alphabet stamps
 and called it done.
I'm not use to having so many layers so it was a good exercise for me.  I can't say I love this page but I'm satisfied that I did the challenge.

Thanks for joining me~

Linda



21 comments:

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

Now that's a project that I bet Tiger would enjoy --- alll over him and you and the table!!

Jann Olson said...

Lots of fun layers Linda! It's always fun to try something new!
hugs,
Jann

Mimi said...

I admire how you just dive into new projects and experiment with different mediums. We were just discussing at school today how we tend to lose that imagination and creativity after we get out of elementary school (actually preschool!). So sad. I'm glad that you haven't lost that passion! :-)

robin lorraine williamson said...

love your page love your layers your the one that likes pink right I used a stamp that you would love it says pink its not just a color its an attitude found it at tuesday morning in their crafts area check it out and check my blog for how it looks

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Loving all those layers of hearts and love!

Audrey said...

Linda ... looks like you had fun with that one. I admire you for meeting your challenge; learning and having fun while doing so. I like how it ended up.
Hugs,
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Vicky Hunt said...

I think it's very neat Linda. I am afraid I have fallen behine again. I need to get caught up again. Maybe this week! Have a great week my friend.

Hugs, Vicky

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Linda, glad to see you are still enjoying your artsy project. How fun!

Feral Turtle said...

This looks like a fun project! So fun!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I like it! And you included those you love on your pages...how nice! Sweet hugs Sis, Diane

Sue said...

very cool...your getting very good at this!!

ImSoVintage Laura Walker said...

What a sweet project. Linda. xo Laura

Shelia said...

Love it, Linda!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Zootsuitmama said...

Really cool! I don't do a lot for Valentines day, but that looks like fun!

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Wow, really cool looking. Lots of layers and you sure do dire right in. I think I need a little of that!

Mereknits said...

Very fun Linda!
Hugs,
Meredith

Consider It All Joy said...

Although it may be tough, it is good to try new things! Who knows, you may use some of those techniques and end up with a piece you fall in love with next time! Many blessings to you, Cindy xoxo

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Perfectly sweet and so pretty too!
Hugs,
Jemma

Melanie said...

Good for you for taking the challenge of learning new art projects. I love the hearts with your loved ones names in them.

bj said...

Fun trying new things....I'm not a crafter so most ANYthing I do in that manner is new to me...lol
Glad you had fun with it.....

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

It is very creative and different! I wouldn't know where to begin on that project!! Great job!