Sunday, February 1, 2015

Art Project Week 4

This weeks pages were very inspiring to me
 January: Facing the Blank Page
Art Challenge: Writing
Journal Prompt: Words with Friends

I started thinking about the friends in my life.  The ones here now and those who have come and gone.  Recently a very close friend went through a trauma in her life and it changed her.  It changed our relationship.  She pulled away and its made me very sad.  It made me think of the quote about friends coming into our lives for 
A Reason, A Season or A Lifetime.
I thought about the colors of each 'season' and used watercolors to express Spring, Summer, Fall & Winter
I added a layer of Gesso to give it some texture
I found several quotes about friends coming into your life for a season and wrote them on the pages using a soft drawing pencil...I then smudged it
I added heart stamps in black and red 
and some additional color here and there.
Writing these quotes helped me let go of this relationship that will no longer be the same...sad but true. 

Wishing you JOY,

Linda


14 comments:

Vicky Hunt said...

Sorry to hear about the changes in one of your friendships. That's too bad. On a brighter note, I love your page! So beautiful...love the colors for the four seasons. I am feeling like such a slacker, but I am slowly working on my pages. Hopefully I will get back on track soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

Hugs, Vicky

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Hi Linda, what a sweet way to put expression to your feelings. Hugs.
Joy

robin lorraine williamson said...

sorry for the loss of the friend. Your page is so beautiful you should come share on the art journal groups on fb and make some new friends I love the group art journal junkies they are all so nice check it out zen hugs have a great week

Jo-Anne Meadows said...

Often a friendship will not last and many friends come and go from our lives but still at times it is sad to lose a friend

Chatty Crone said...

Linda - I am sorry you are going thru the loss of a friend.

20 North Ora said...

You're doing a great job on your journal!

Judy

Frog Hollow Farm Girl said...

Hi Linda, I followed you over from Claudia's Mockingbird Hill blog and really loved seeing how you expressed your sadness so beautifully through your art. It is really very beautiful...you must have felt better after completing it.
Ann Marie at Frog Hollow Farm

Ann said...

it's sad to lose a friend under any circumstances. I love how you did your page. Dividing it into the 4 seasons with the color was a brilliant idea.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

This has to be my favorite art journal page so far. You did such an awesome job of expressing your feelings about relationship changes. Beautiful job Linda.

Susan said...

Hi Linda...It is truly sad when a long-time friendship comes to an end. I know the feeling of sadness so well. That has happened to me, too.We must just keep on going and wish the dear person the best and keep them forever in our hearts. Susan

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the colors of the seasons. And I understand about friends changing and 'moving on'. It sure can be bewildering and sad. I like to keep friends for a lifetime...and I know you do, too Sis! Hugs, Diane

Sue said...

I love your heart project....friends are an odd bunch...they come and go...sometimes for a good reason other times for no good reason at all...So glad we are friends and hope we will be for a very long time....:)

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I love your work, Linda...and the inspiration you used. It really is true about freiendship...and sometimes friends have a way of coming back into our lives again, too...xo

Feral Turtle said...

Sometimes people need to be alone to deal with their stuff and she will hopefully come back to you! But on a brighter note, I love your art work! Very inspiring!