Sunday, February 8, 2015

Art Project Week 5

This weeks art project 
January: The Blank Page
Art Prompt:  Under Paper (paper on your work table that gets all inky and painted while you work)
Journal Prompt: What Lies Beneath?

After some thought this made me think about a tree and the roots beneath it that make it strong
I didn't feel like I could draw a tree so I made a copy of one and then tore the edges
Using Mod Podge I centered it on my pages
Using shades of green and some yellow water colors, I add the leaves to my tree
The back ground was pink acrylic and some touches of blue watercolor
This is my underpaper.  One of the things I'm enjoying about this project is learning new things all the time.  Who knew 'under paper' was an art tool! 
I decided to write the words I wanted to use on the under paper and then cut them out.
"What Lies Beneath Makes Me Strong"
"Faith Friends Family"
The tree is me and these are my roots
I added a new rubber stamp to the corners in hot pink and then softened it with water.

I'm happy that I was able to make my vision translate to the page! 

Wishing You JOY,

Linda

20 comments:

Jane, Naples, Florida said...

I absolutely love it!

Jane
Flora Doora

Ames said...

They say art is an excellent therapy. I should get creative. I hope you had fun creating this!

Marigene said...

Cool!

20 North Ora said...

Linda - You are doing such awesome pages. How much fun!

Judy

Vicky Hunt said...

Love this Linda! I think it's my favorite so far. I am having a hard time coming up with an idea for this prompt. I will get to it though...:) I have had a busy weekend, but very productive so far! Have a lovely Sunday afternoon and week!

Hugs,
Vicky

Lynn said...

I love what you did with the prompt Linda, you really turned three little words into a complete and personal statement. Very nice:@)

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Great job Linda. Your artsy side is shining through! :)

ImSoVintage Laura Walker said...

I love it, Linda. You are very creative. xo Laura

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Another beautiful page Linda. Love the colors!

Cozy Little House said...

This looks so fun for you. Learning and creating at the same time is a wonderful process that is so rewarding.
Brenda

Audrey said...

Looks like you had fun with that one Linda. Very creative idea to get your thought across. Love how the tree turned out.
Audrey Z.

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel said...

It turned our really pretty Linda. I love the colours!

Donna Wilkes said...

I do save my under paper to make greeting cards. I love the idea of the tree with roots. Very creative.

Jo-Anne Meadows said...

Bloody nice

joanne said...

I am having so much fun following along with your projects. I love the inspiration you used, you are strong like a tree. lovely.

handmade by amalia said...

I like!
Amalia
xo

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Very inspiring and so cool! Love how it turned out!
warmly,
deb

Shelia said...

Oh, Ms Creative One! This is so neat and it looks so great! Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Sarah said...

This is great, Linda. I used to encourage my students to use "under" paper as you call it to add details for a collage. This turned out to be a perfect idea for your piece.

Feral Turtle said...

Wow that is impressive. Good job!