Saturday, January 17, 2015

Art Project Week 2

Thank you for the nice words about the first pages of my art journal project.  If you missed them I shared them here
We continue the January Challenge of the The Blank page
 and how to face it
This weeks art challenge:  Gesso
This weeks Journal prompt: "The beginning is always today." Mary Shelley

First of all I had to buy some Gesso.  I'm not an artist so I wasn't really familiar with this product so this is what I learned from Art is Fun website.  Gesso is similar to acrylic paint only thinner and it dries hard.  It's used to prepare a canvas for paint.  It can be used on many surfaces to make it ready for paint.  I put on a layer and then used a sponge brush to make some texture on the page
I let it dry overnight.  Then I started adding paint.  I used water colors to start since I wanted the Gesso to be highlighted.   For the journal prompt I choose to write my own words and use them on the page
New Beginning ~ Fresh Start
I used some acrylic paints and stickers
 and as before just had fun with it!
If you are interested in joining this project check out all the information here


Wishing you JOY,

Linda


14 comments:

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Great job Linda. Here's to new beginnings and a fresh start!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How beautiful my friend! I love the pretty color and your creativity. I want to start a new art journal this year...you've inspired me! Enjoy your weekend Sis! Hugs, Diane

Hartwood Roses said...

I really admire your motivation to go completely outside of your comfort zone and make something so beautiful!

Ann Thompson said...

That looks great. I'm a bit cheap so rather than buying gesso I found a recipe on line for something very similar and I made my own. It's made with paint baby powder and I think water.
I've decided to follow along with this too but I'm still on week 1.

Kathe said...

So pretty Linda! I love your sentiment too!

Vicky Hunt said...

Love it Linda! So pretty. I am behind with mine, but hope to get time tomorrow to work on it some. Have a great week...:)

Blessings, Vicky

Mereknits said...

You are so talented, what a beautiful project.
Hugs,
Meredith

mrs. c said...

Lovely! It looks like Valentine's Day. I like the colors and the words. Have a great MLK Day, I am off and we did not have school on Friday because of ice. I have had a wonderful 4 day weekend. Jeff and I went picking and got some real treasures!

handmade by amalia said...

A fun project, Linda! And you can't go wrong with pink :-)
Amalia
xo

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

I can see how much fun you are having Linda. I love creating, no matter what it is, it just feels good. Let that creativity flow! Great job. :)

White Lace and Promises said...

Sounds like fun!

Susan said...

I'm away for awhile and you change your banner! Love it!! The project looks like a lot of fun, XOXO

Deanies Stash said...

Nice job Linda. It looks so pretty.

Hugs, Dianne

Shelia said...

Hi Linda! Oh, look at you being an artist and all! I've never worked with that medium either but looks like you've got it down.
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)