Sunday, April 28, 2013

Treasure's from A La Carte!

I've been editing my treasures and making room for new things that I find in my junking escapades! 
I've decided to offer items for sale here on my blog once a week.  I'll be joining two parties!
Debra at Common Ground for her Monday/Tue
The Marketplace 
and
Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for her
Blog Shop on Tuesdays

Here are my thoughts on sales through my blog:
  • If you see an item you are interested in, email me at lindamac at gmail dot com and include a link to the item.
  • I will list the price of each item in the post
  • I will ship to the USA and Canada at this time 
  • Shipping will be priority mail and I will use flat rate boxes as often as possible.  I will email you the final price of an item including shipping and handling before the sale is finalized.
  • I will accept PayPal, Money Orders or Checks. Once payments have cleared, the items will be shipped.
  • All my items are 'USED' and I will describe them as clearly as possible including any chips, scratches or other wear and tear.
  • I will try to leave items listed on my blog for one month and then they will be removed.
  • Please feel free to discuss price/make an offer on items you fall in love with.  I will try to list at very reasonable prices but I am really looking to find these things new homes where they will be loved! 
  • Please, Please, Please ask any and all questions and I will do my best to answer them.  I want this to be a friendly experience for all!
I will have my first listings up later tonight
I will reference this post each week so you can check the details of buying/shipping.

I hope you take this in the spirit I am doing it!
If I can make a little $$ in selling these items it is always a good thing.  Many of these items were bought with the thought of re-selling, but a venue did not really open up for me so I am trying this! 

Thanks to all of you!

Linda


14 comments:

Diann said...

Sounds good Linda!

Barbara F. said...

Love this idea, Linda. I am going to be posting jewelry pieces from a sales kit of a line I no longer sell, it was a dismal failure. Selling things for like 90% of price! I will look into the Common Ground party for sure. xo

Susan said...

Sounds cool, Linda. Good luck and let me know how it goes. I look forward to seeing your items! Susan

20 North Ora said...

Sounds like a good idea Linda! Good luck!

Judy

Kathe said...

Great idea Linda! I may have to follow your example :-)

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Linda, I saw this on another blog and thought boy would I love to do this too. I think it's a fantastic party idea and a great way to make a little extra as well. Do you have a plan to help you figure out the shipping costs? That would be my drawback as I would have to make a trip to the post office first to figure it out. If you have a better way or idea would you mind sharing that with me. Thanks and best wishes on your sales!

Donna said...

How fun, Linda! I look forward to seeing your treasures:) I always link up with Market Place Monday, free advertising always helps! Thanks for sharing the info about the other linky party over at Beverly's, I'd not heard of that one!

Chatty Crone said...

Sounds like fun! sandie

Alycia Nichols said...

Good for you, Linda! That's the way to sell, girl...take the product directly to the people who know and love it most!!!!!! I'll be checking out your stash!

Nellie said...

What a great idea! I wonder if it would work for me if I were to clean out my closet.:-)

Seriously, I will be interested to see what you have to offer.

xo Nellie

The Quintessential Magpie said...

That sounds like a good idea, Linda! You always find such neat things that it will fun to pass on some to find others!
I should probably join you all.

XO,

Sheila

Jo-Anne Meadows said...

What a good idea.......I just advertised some comics for sale on Gumtree for my daughter never thought about advertising them on my blog

Sarah said...

What a terrific idea. I should do the same. '-) So many things are in boxes in a closet. They need to be enjoyed. Look forward to seeing your things.

✿Carol✿ said...

Sounds like a great idea Linda! I need to severely edit my stuff too, but the thought of a garage sale sounds like alot of work. And doing Ebay or Etsy means standing in line at the post office. I think you're on to something here, because you can pop into the post office when it's convenient and not risk getting a negative feedback because you didn't ship the package immediately!