Monday, December 17, 2012

Painting The New House!

I am home for a few days to finish my Christmas shopping and wrap presents.  I'll be going back to help Sara & Blake move into the new house the end of the week.  Sara is still working this week so the final move will be next weekend.
Lots of painting was done and I thought I would share some pics 
of the house in progress!
This is Tiger's room!  I love this color that they are calling "Frankenstein Green"
Tiger's bedding is space ships in Green and Dark Blue 
and will look wonderful in this room!
 The master bedroom has this wall of gorgeous blue and the other walls are a lovely cream color!
Tiger getting to know that this is Mommy and Daddy's room!
The spare room aka music room, office and craft space....is this lovely shade of blue which did not photograph well at all.
This is the living room!  The huge window will make this a bright room.  The red wall is awesome and the other walls will be white!  Mid century modern furniture is their hope for the future! 
This is a view from the dining room into the kitchen.  They will remodel this at some point in the future.  A new washer/dryer was delivered.
It takes up a lot of room but is a necessity!
They are so excited!! Rain has slowed down some of the painting but it will be done before the weekend move in.
I'll share more photos!
Of course I have to share some Christmas decorations here at home with you!
I decided to put my copycat suitcase vignette on top of my hutch
I have my vintage Shiny Brites in a glass vase up here in a safe place also!

So much to do in the next few days!
Wishing you all a wonderful week!

Joyeux Noel,

Linda

**There are many ways to honor the memory of those lost in CT ....I will be joining in the day of blog silence on Tuesday**

17 comments:

Rebecca said...

How excited everyone must be about the new home! And it appears to be in such a BEAUTIFUL setting, too :)

Hartwood Roses said...

What a cute little house!! I love how it is getting an all-over punch of personality before move-in day ... that way it will be HOME from Day One! (My, my Tiger has certainly grown!)

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Linda,
Tell your daughter congrats on her new home. Thanks for sharing about tomorrow:) I think I will extend it until after the new year...just want to spend more time with my family. Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.

Blessings,
Linda

the cape on the corner said...

love all the room colors-i think the spare room color looks great, you don't think it photographed well?

so happy for them on this home purchase!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Tiger's new house has some beautiful floors. Any color paint would look good. Your suitcase looks great up on the china cabinet.

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

Tiger has a lovely green room and loved seeing the crate with BOOKS! The wooden floors seem to be in great condition. Nice floors! Love the huge picture windows!

Cheri said...

Their house looks so cute. They are so lucky to get the painting done before furniture...I always want for that and it never happens. Glad they will be in before Christmas. Merry Christmas Linda!

Jane and Chris said...

Oh, there will be some memories made in that house! I'm imagining that the views from the windows are lovely.
Jane x

Melanie said...

I love all the colors chosen, especially Tiger's green room! So cheerful and bright for a child.

bj said...

What great colors they have chosen.
We will be painting our new place in a few months and I am looking at neutrals....cremes and whites.

That Tiger is soooo cute.

ImSoVintage said...

They have really gotten a lot done. They must be so excited to get moved in. Hope it all goes smoothly.

Hugs,
Laura

Nellie said...

Very cute little house! It appears that someone - or more than one someone - happens to be good with paint! Do they hire themselves out?:-)
xo Nellie

Susan said...

Hello Linda! Love the house. It's going to be an absolutely adorable place for Tiger to grow up. Fabulous news and photos.

Thanks for all your visits to my blog and comments, too. Wonderful to have such a faithful follower.

I'm joining in the blog silence, too. Susan

Pondside said...

What an exciting time for Tiger and his family! It's a big step!

Diann said...

I bet they are so excited about their new home! Everything is looking great. Lots of work painting but, at least itis in THEIR home! Your Christmas decor looks so pretty and cheerful Linda!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I would LOVE to have that great big window in my living room! Your daughter and son-in-law have found a wonderful home and it will be perfect when they find some mid century modern pieces to furnish it!

Chatty Crone said...

I remember our first house too - it was the best time - the happiest time - and I hope it is for them too. Lovely house.