Monday, December 31, 2012

Farewell 2012

I must admit that I am glad to say goodbye to 2012
It's been a pretty rough year! 
I chose 'Change' as my word for the year...
Little did I know!
My brother has been very ill and while physically he has improved some his mental health has declined. We are trying to get him into a rehab program and hope that happens in 2013.
My Mom had heart failure in May and had emergency pacemaker surgery.  While she is doing much much better, it took a lot out of her and at age 82 I really worry.  I 'almost' had her moved here to Georgia but she got sick and decided she is not ready to leave her excellent health care and Doctors.  I can't say I disagree, just wish she was closer.  For now she is living in her house while I work on downsizing her and then we will re-visit her moving.  I will try to visit her frequently in 2013.
She has oxygen and reads and watches TV a lot.
She is happy and content she says.
I did get her one of those emergency buttons, now if she will just wear it!

There was some good changes in 2012 also! 
We added a new member to our family...Mr Toes!
  He is such a character and he and Charlie are finally tolerating each other! 
Tiger turned one and continues to be the light of my life!  This little guy has grown so much this year and it's been so great to be a part of it!
I look forward to what 2013 will bring!
My trip to Las Vegas was a highlight of the year.  Along with spending time with my daughter Ashleigh she gave me the surprise of my life, which I shared in this post!
I'll be planning and taking that trip to Paris in 2013
I seemed to spend a lot of time away from home in 2012 and while I see that continuing in 2013 I hope that the trips are less stressful!
Mr ALC and I endured a rainy World's Longest Yard Sale but still had fun!  We might take a year off from that sale this year and plan a trip somewhere else! 

A blogging highlight was joining 
The Sisterhood of The Traveling Apron
Between the magic of the apron and meeting new 'sisters' from all over the world, it remains a wonderful experience in 2012 and it will continue as the apron continues it journey in 2013!

The end of the year highlight was Sara & Blake purchasing their first home.
The sale of this adorable mid-century home was delayed until Dec 13th and then the rush was on to get it cleaned, painted and moved into before Christmas! 
It was done, but not without some stress and exhaustion for all of us!  Still it was such a wonderful Christmas as I was able to spend it with both my daughters, my SIL and my sweet Grandson Tiger! 

So as 2012 ends I'm ready to see what 2013 will bring!   I'll be sharing my new 'word' soon and also I've been giving thought to starting a new party...a Gratitude party once a month.  Anyone interested?
With all that has happened this year to so many I think a post to really share Gratitude would be such a positive thing!  

Wishing all of my friends a 
Very Happy New Year! 

Linda

28 comments:

Jane and Chris said...

It seems that most of us have been on a rollercoaster this year with as many downs as ups. But we are here at 2013...and we can deal with it!
Lovely to have got to know you through the Travelling Susan Apron.
Love and God bless
Jane xx

Chatty Crone said...

Linda - I remember when you put that on your blog last year - and man if that all didn't come true!
To a wonderful new year - 2013! sandie♥

Terra said...

You had a roller coaster of a year, so many ups and downs. I am choosing a word too, for 2012 my word was Listen. Your gratitude idea sounds good.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Sounds like a lot of good happened to. Hoping for better times for all of us in 2013!Love your Paris header!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Whew, very full year. Best ever having a dear grandson to love. Wishing you the very best in the new year.
Joy

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You have definitely had a year of change. Wishing you a Very Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Looks like you've had a busy year Linda! Happy New Year and I wish you all the best in 2013-enjoy:@)

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Wow you have had a busy but stressful year. I hope this coming year brings you some good times, more special moments with your little guy and good health. We are facing some issues with my inlaws and I know this will be year of changes.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

A lot of ups and downs for you this year, but overall it's all good. I've really enjoyed watching Tiger grow and of course, seeing all your thrifty finds. Wishing you all the best in 2013. Would love to come to your Gratitude Party:-)

Barbara F. said...

Wow, Linda, you had a busy busy year. Mothers do make us crazy, I can just imagine how you worry about her being so far away. I hope it all works out for everyone concerned. I like the idea of a gratitude party. Count me in! xo

Pondside said...

Linda, I wish you all the best in 2013! You have so much coming up - more time with Tiger and his Mummy and Daddy in the new house....and that trip to Paris!! You will have the best time, and I look forward to a year of great posts!

Jane said...

Hi Linda,
I think "gratitude" is a wonderful word for 2013. I had a lot of change in 2012 too but am thankful for all that I still have.
Have a very Happy New Year!
Jane

sissie said...

Hi Linda,
You have certainly had a difficult year but yet you have found much happiness in it as well. You are such a strong woman with much faith and I just adore you for who you are.
I hope that you have a wonderful New Year and I'm looking forward to making the journey right along with you!

hugs
Sissie

Keetha Broyles said...


That sleeping Tiger photo is adorable beyond words!

Deb said...

I suppose your family have helped to get you through the tough times this year and that means everything. You have been through a lot and I hope the new year brings much joy to you, Linda. You deserve it. Looking forward to keeping in touch through our blogs in 2013. Hugs, Deb

Susan said...

Tiger is so precious Linda!! I hope your New Year turns out to be the best ever for you!! Wish you and yours the best of each every day of the New Year.

Nellie said...

You have had a lot going on this year, Linda. I send wishes for peace and joy in 2013! xo Nellie

Sarah said...

LInda, I know it has been a stressful year for you, and I hope 2013 is less so. You have been a busy lady. I'm so happy that we've met and very much appreciate your thoughtful friendship. Best wishes for 2013, dear friend.......Sarah

Jill said...

I hope there are better days ahead for your family and mine too!!

Wshing you the very best for 2013.

Katnip Lounge said...

Wishing you a happy and healthy 2013! I enjoy following your blog, I always smile. Thanks!

ImSoVintage said...

This was a difficult year for so many of us and I know it was particularly stressful for you, sweet friend. You know that I am definitely about gratitude this year, so count me in.
Hugs,
Laura

Susan said...

Hi Linda...I'm in on the gratitude par-tay! So just let me know.

Yeah, kind of glad to say bye bye to 2012, although it had many good moments, too.

Loved your year wrap-up.

Take care and here's to 2013! Susan

Susan said...

It has been a rough year, but I have gained so many new friends through the Traveling Apron and that makes me happy! When Kelly asked me to keep up blogging, I didn't know if I could, but she knew best and it has been a wonderful year of sharing memories. Happy New Year, XOXO

C'est moi Claudette said...

Happy New Year sweet dear Linda.
I loved catching up once again.
Xoxo

The Cat Guy said...

2012 has been quite the full year. Maybe a boring, uneventful 2013 would be nice?! Although a trip to Paris is sure to make it anything than boring! So much for that idea. Glad to hear mom is recovering, I know what you mean about being too far away. I wish I was closer to my folks too. And Yea for Mr. Toes!! See ya in 2013!

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Hi Linda, I'm sorry to hear of the health issues of your mom and brother. I will pray for some relief for you and for them. I totally understand what you are going through with the moving of your mom as I am doing the same. She doesn't want to leave her home but all I do is worry. Oh, so many of those call buttons sit in drawers! Yes! I hope you enjoy your trip to the city of lights!!!!! That is something to look forward to. Here's a wish for a happy 2013. Linda

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

It really has been quite a year for you, Linda! I wish you and your family good health and happiness in the upcoming year. It's been fun getting to know you through our blogs!

Happy New Year!

Annesphamily said...

Linda you have so much love in your life! Goodness you are blessed with great joy and I know you are grateful for it!