Friday, March 21, 2014

Thrifty Things Friday #152

Diann and I are so glad to see you!

This week I'm sharing some thrifty items I bought this week.

$2.41
That is what I paid for all of these items at my favorite thrift store.
I love these Tupperware canisters.  I have several and they are great in the kitchen pantry or in the craft room!  These need a good washing and one of the tops has a chunk missing, but for the price these were a great find!
These toddler cups were like new and keep Tiger from spilling his drinks on the carpet while visiting Grandma.
I fell in love with this little Santa bird, looks like he slipped on the ice and broke his wing....
This tray is perfect for Tiger's visits.  He can sit on the floor with a snack or use it as a coloring or play doh table.  So all this (including the tray) for only $2.41 (including tax) was a SCORE!

I've been looking for some new pillows for the couch to lighten up for Spring.  Being the 'frugal' person I am I've looked and looked.
I found these on clearance yesterday at Target for 50% off!  Yay!  

Love this soft purple.  Its not a color I use often but I really like it on the couch.  They also have a zipper and inserts so I can change out the covers! 
Both for $25

What bargains have you found this week?
Link up you post HERE

I'm also joining 

Wishing you JOY,
Linda

16 comments:

the cape on the corner said...

those definitely look like tiger perfect cups!

Chatty Crone said...

I also love the tray - you did find a great bargain. And I love the pillows too - perfect. sandie

Jo-Anne Meadows said...

A beautiful bunch of things

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I wish our thrift stores would take a pricing clue from your favorite store. Love those sweet polka dot pillows and the color too!

Susan said...

Hi Linda. Oh, that tray is a great idea. I'll have to be on the lookout for one of those.

And the little Santa bird was adorable.

Great job! Susan

The Quintessential Magpie said...

You got some goodies there, and I would like that tray for myself... Or Mr. Magpie. ;-)

Love the new pillows!

I have thrifted quite a bit getting read for a big spring event at our house. My favorite thing? Some napkins from Marshall's that go beachy or springy. And some beautiful ribbon that was 50 per cent off at Hobby Lobby.

xo

Sheila

Lady Linda said...

WOW..great finds and useful too. Have a good weekend.

Zootsuitmama said...

That bird is so cute! Glad you get to have your grandson!!

Diann said...

Great finds Linda! And LOVE the pillows....purple?...polka dots? What more could I want! LOL

Linda P said...

Hi Linda, thanks so much. I know Ron and I appreciate your lovely comment. I hope you enjoy your visit...What a great tray. Bargains are wonderful, aren't they? Enjoy your treasure...Linda

Jann Olson said...

Love the dotty pillows for Spring Linda! Tiger will have fun with those cups. They really are great, aren't they? I found a large piece of lace at an estate sale last week. Thinking it might be a bedspread, but I'm going to try it on my kitchen table and may make curtains for the basement family room. It's crocheted lace and heavy. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Shelia said...

Hi Linda! The pillows are so pretty and do look great on your sofa. I've never seen canisters like these before - they are so classic. I'm so sorry to hear about your little mother. I pray you have a safe trip and are able to do what you need to. It's hard and you'll be in my prayers. If it works out, maybe I could meet up with you.
Blessings,
Shelia;)

Debbiedoos said...

Love the tray and your bargoons. SO happy to see you ladies have this party! It is fun to see what people score. Hope all is well Linda! XO

mrs. c said...

I want to come to your thrift store!!!! I will start to post things that we find on Friday. We have had a really good month in our new, larger booth. We are having a ball. Jeff really enjoys it too! Have a wonderful week. Our flowers and shrubs are blooming but I am afraid the cold is going to get them this week! Have a wonderful week!!!

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

What an awesome lunch tray for Tiger!! And perfect cups for him to use!! I've got to get out and look too!!

Art and Sand said...

The lilac pillows are so pretty.

I bet Tiger really likes his tray.