Thursday, December 15, 2011

MY LATEST THRIFTY FINDS

I haven't been doing a whole lot of thrifting lately but I have found a few great finds to share with you today
I found these great restaurant ware pieces 
The small platter and the brown Hall creamer were 25 cents each
I found these little cat face plates and like them except for the bottom guy 
he looks a little angry! 
This cute little doll was only 49 cents (1/2 price day) and is perfect for under my Christmas tree
I like her smiling face!
This little snowman basket with a matching ornament and votive holder was $1.50 and will make a nice little gift for someone

Now here is a thrifty organizational tip...
I have several sets of flatware with different colored handles.  I've tried a few ways to organize them for ease of storage and use and came up with this
It's a wicker basket desk organizer I paid 25 cents for and figured I could do something with it.  I added the flatware, handles up and added pieces of cardboard to separate the different colors
Not only can I see at a glance the colors I have but also I can carry this to my table to try different combos until I get it like I want

I am joining Diann for 
Honey at 2805 for

I also have a fun post about Felt Ornaments 
at my other blog
I hope you will take a look

Hugs, 
Linda

27 comments:

Stella said...

I would say you had a very good day. Like the way you are using the basket for your silverware. Stella

Gina said...

Looks like you found some really cute treasures. Your flatware basket is a fantastic idea! I may need to try this myself. Thanks for sharing it.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

What fantastic finds! I love that snowman basket set (and I love your cutlery).

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

So many fun finds...and of course I love that sweet doll best! Hugs to you! ♥♥♥

Barbara F. said...

You always find the cutest stuff, Linda. I have my flatware on my counter in a basket too. I love it. xo

Betsy said...

Love the way you've organized your colorful flatware and so thrifty too. Those little kitty plates are precious, even the mad one:-)

DearHelenHartman said...

Those plates are the cat's meow! The basket is very clever.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love the little brown creamer. I didn't know you had another blog.

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Oh, my goodness! The cat coasters are too cute! :-) I love the different colored handle silverware, too. Great idea putting them in the basket. I used to have one of those..... Long gone now. Sigh.

Charlotte's Creative but Chic Life said...

I love the Cats!

pamq said...

Hey! Charlie could have his dinner on a different plate almost every night of the week!

I love restaurant pieces.....

And I want your flatware.

All of it.

Mystica said...

We do not have thrift shops in Sri Lanka but I love to haunt them in Melbourne (when I go visit - my children live there). They are called op shops there and you can pick up gems! I do love those kitty faces even the angry one.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Linda,
What a great idea for that wicker basket..looks GREAT!!

Blessings,
Linda

Chatty Crone said...

Linda 25 cents to organize is a deal! sandie

GARAGE SALE GAL ~ Deb's Earthly Delights said...

Hi Linda,
Aww...Tiger is so sweet and he sure does love his new train!
Awesome idea with the colorful silverwear! Cool photos of it!
Sweet platter and little creamer.
Warmest Christmas wishes!
Deb :)

Susan said...

Hi Linda...Great finds. Love the cat face plates. I'd say they were the "cat's meow." Susan

BECKY said...

You always find THE best things! Next time I'm in Georgia, I'll spend a couple of days with you and Sandie and we can go thrifting! :)

Blessed Serendipity said...

You found some cute things while thrifting. Love those kitty coasters. Cute!

Danielle

My Vintage Studio said...

Hi Linda.
You found some wonderful vintage finds.
Wishing you a MERRY CHRISTMAS with your family & friends!
Hugs, Sharon

Marigene said...

Those kitty plates are adorable...but my favorite is your tip on using the desk organizer! Great idea, Linda...thanks!

skoots1mom said...

what a cute basket...love it

i got a great find this week...loving deals

Catherine said...

Well you know I like those kitty cat plates! Those adorable! Even angry kitty. Haha!
Have a super weekend!
xo Catherine

Diann said...

Lots of fun thrifty finds Linda! Those cat plates are just too cute! And I love the basket with your flatware in it. It is pretty enough to sit oout and yet super handy! Thank you for joining TTF and have a great weekend!

DogsMom said...

I have a similar set of cat faces and can not be sure what they are for. Used tea bags, perhaps?
A fun collection of finds for you and always so thrifty.

SixBalloons said...

Hee, that is one grumpy looking cat!

Jenny said...

Great finds as usual . . .

Love the basket idea, I just might copy it. . .

Honey at 2805 said...

What great finds!

Thank you for linking to Potpourri Friday! May you have a Merry Christmas and the Happiest of Holidays!