Monday, December 5, 2011

HOLIDAY COPY CAT

I'm excited! The parties are starting!  
If you haven't heard there is a week of Christmas Parties for all to join!   Today's party is hosted by Debbie of Debbiedoos and is the Holiday version 
of the Magazine Copy Cat Party she host's each month!

I one again choose a photo from my favorite magazine Country Living
This is from Dec/Jan 2012 issue
I found a crate at a church sale this past year and knew I could do this copy cat but put my own twist to it to suit my decor

Wanting to use what I had and purchase as little as possible this is my version
I gathered items I had and realized I could go with the red, white and bronze colors.  I also wanted more pop so choose the red paper filler ($1 at Dollar Tree) instead of the excelsior they used
The only new ornaments purchased this year were the red trees (3 for $1 @ Target), the white heart ($1 Target) and the reindeer ($2 Target)
Since I will use these decorations again and again, I think for a total of $5 this copy cat was a bargain

I hope you will stop by Debbie's and check out the other copy cats.  Tomorrow the theme will be mantels!  I don't have a mantel but have improvised and will still join in.  It's the spirit of the season that counts and since we all love to share our homes decorated in their Christmas best these parties are a great way to do that!

Hugs,
Linda

29 comments:

Charlotte said...

How did I miss this great idea in my issue of Country Living? Great idea!

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...

Linda how fantastic! Ans you had everything you needed which is even better! I love your twist and you did a great job! Thanks for sharing with the party.

Redo 101 said...

Love yours, more than the magazine version! Love the colors of yours - thanks for sharing the beauty with us!

Mary

Kaybe said...

I like yours better than the magazine's.

Gina said...

Oh Linda, this is a fantastic copycat! I like yours better than the original.

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Your version is great, Linda!!! I like the colors you chose!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Linda, you did a fabulous job! I was thinking of doing that one, too. I do have the crate already.

the cape on the corner said...

Linda! that's Fabulous! the pic is so crisp and clear, totally professional, and the crate is spot on with that hardware. love it!

De tout, de rien said...

Gorgeous! Yours is more eye catching than the magazine version I think.

Chatty Crone said...

Linda - I like yours better! sandie

Kathe said...

Oh I love yours so much better! You will be able to change it out for any season too! Love it!

Susan S. said...

Hi there.....I just popped in your blog and think it's great! Love the Copy Cat Idea! I've added myself as your newest follower. Merry CHRISTmas from Houston!

Jill said...

I agree with the others - your version is much nicer - great job!!

sissie said...

Hi Linda,
What a great copy, I love it! Wooden crates are always great for decorating. Love the red theme too.

hugs
Sissie

laxsupermom said...

Terrific job with your copycat version! I love wooden crates and yours looks so pretty decked out with ornaments! Thanks for sharing.

Red Couch Recipes said...

I like yours better that their version -- of course, I am a bit partial to color and RED. Great job and what fun. Joni

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh, I love yours...the RED really makes everything pop! I love this idea and you are very creative! ♥

Ames said...

I like yours way better!~~Ames

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Oh! That is perfect! Yours is the holiday version! I love how you did a copy cat but made it very much your own. Cute! Cute! Cute!

Shelia said...

Hi Linda! Oh, you copy catted very well! I love your little crate and I love your version better - I love your pretty little ornies! You did so good!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Love of the Sea said...

Linda - I love your interpretation even more than the CL photo! You did an amazing job. Love it.

Susan said...

Hi Linda....Nice copy cat and not much money spent. How cool is that? Nice job. Susan

Diann said...

Great Job Linda! It looks so sweet.

Catherine said...

I love those decorations in that magazine ~ so cute!!
xo Catherine

CAS said...

You did great on this copycat! I love your theme colors, & especially love that crate!
CAS

Low Tide High Style said...

Linda your copycat is beautiful, even prettier than your inspiration photo since I love the red and white! Great job!

Kat :)

Betsy said...

I do believe I like your red and white version better. This is so much fun, just think of the possibilities. You can change it out for the seasons.

~Tablescapes By Diane~ said...

Hi lovely lady.
You did a Beautiful job as a Copycat. I love the way you put this all toghter for the Holidays.
Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my new Tablescape: Christmas in the park.
XXOO Diane

Jann Olson said...

I love your copycat! I have an old crate. Think I will have to copy your copycat. lol!