Thursday, December 29, 2011

2011 Junkin Awards

I did a post in 2010 of my favorite Junkin Finds 
I no longer host that party (Junkin Finds Fridays) but the Junkin Awards will continue and become an annual event!   The categories may change but I will choose my 10 favorite finds each year!

Favorite Pyrex Find
This Pink Gooseberry bowl was found on the first stop on the WLYS (Worlds Longest Yard Sale) and remains a favorite

Favorite find in White
This amazing Milk glass pitcher and four glasses was found at a thrift shop for $20 
Not only beautiful but a great price also!

Favorite find in Red
I know this is mostly white but the red hat qualifies it for the favorite red find of 2011
Again found on the WLYS and only 50 cents

Best find in Blue
These two Blue Birds of Happiness once again found on the WLYS made me so happy...I love this color and for $2 these little guys joined my flock

Favorite find in Green
This beautiful glass canister was only $1.01, found in a thrift shop and truly a beautiful shade of green!

Favorite find in Pink
Of course the favorite pink find had to be a Flamingo!  This 3" Flamingo salt shaker orphan was only 25 cents and was an awesome thrift shop find to add to my collection of vintage Flamingos

Favorite find from WLYS
Finding this Baby Brownie Camera on the WLYS was the highlight of the sale for me and with the low price of $3 was a keeper

Favorite find for Christmas
Finding the adorable Debbie Mumm designed set of Christmas dishes for only $7.50 was such a treat....of course they are still in Texas but I will retrieve them soon


Favorite plate find

I found these Johnson Bros dishes at a yard sale
this pattern is called 'Georgia'...I got 2 dinner plates, 2 square lunch plates and 2 saucers for $3

Favorite find for Tiger
A new category this year but one of the best I'm sure you will agree!  This year I found the perfect wood train set at the thrift store for my sweet Grandson!  At only $5.85 this beautiful train will be a treasure for many years.

Well that's my best of 2011!  I found myself thrifting a little less and really cutting back on my purchases.  Still found many items for my collections but did not add as many items to my Etsy inventory.  Still so much to list and sell first. 

I'm joining Diann for 

and 

Honey at 2805 for

This will be my last post for 2011
I will be spending the weekend with Sara, Blake and Tiger.  We will be having our Christmas celebration this weekend also.  I will have some wonderful photos of Tiger for you in 2012! 

Thanking all of you for your friendship and support this year.  Who knew that blogging would change my life in such a positive way!  For a review of my year on a personal note visit Viewing My World here.   Wishing you all a Very Happy New Year! 

See you in 2012!

Hugs,
Linda



27 comments:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Great finds! Fun to look back over the year, that is one way a blog is helpful.
Have a great time with your family!

Chatty Crone said...

Okay my dear friend - you know which one I like best - Tiger! Now if I had to pick something you bought - I'm going with the train. great deal and very wonderful for him.

sandie

Pondside said...

That train is the best!
I wish you all the best, and often think of you and your brother as I pray before sleep.
All the best to you and yours!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

For me, it's still those wonderful blue birds! And of course...Tiger's train! What a cutie! Happy New Year!...hugs...Debbie

Linda said...

What a fun post, Linda! You always find the goodies! Wishing you a wonderful 2012!

~Tablescapes By Diane~ said...

Hi lovely lady.
I wish we all have a great finds like you.
Tiger is the best find of all he is so sweet.. I did find two rain deer to night at the food store so Beautiful for next Christmas for $3.50 each was $24.99 each so I have two now. I don't know if I'am going to pain them yet Sliver !!!
I hope you have a wonderful 2012 New Year with your family Sweet Lady.
XXOO Diane

Gina said...

You did have some fabulous finds this year. I laughed because with each picture I said, "that's my favorite" until I saw the next picture! :D

Happy New Year to you & your family, Linda. Enjoy your grandson this weekend!

Jill said...

I so enjoy your blog - as for these special finds - I love every one of them! Happy New Year and have a wonderful weekend!

Betsy said...

I want to thank you for sharing all your fabulous thrifty finds this past year; I need to shop where you shop! My two favorites are Tiger's train and the milk glass pitcher and glasses.
Big hug to you and blessings for a wonderful New Year celebration with your family.

Susan said...

Hi Linda.. My fave is the little birdie in the Santa hat. Adorable. Susan

BECKY said...

Beautiful "Finds"! And a pretty darn cute Tiger, too! :)

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Lovin' the cute flamingo and the train is a true work of art! Happy New Year Linda, enjoy the weekend:@)

Diann said...

Fun look back Linda! My favorite is the gorgeous white milkglass pitcher set! I loved when you first showed it and love it just as much now! Have a great visit with your sweet grandson and family! Thank you for being part of TTF and I hope you and your family have a very blessed 2012!

France Guérin said...

i think that those were sublime finds. I also got a pyrex just like yours. Two actually. What is the size of yours? Happy new year!

Curtains in My Tree said...

those were all good finds , hope you can do it again this coming year 2012

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Linda, I have been computerless, so I'm feeling sassy that I have one now and wanted to drop by and wish you a Belated Merry Christmas (though it sounds like I'm on time with your celebration) and a Happy New Year!

Loved seeing your thrifty finds, but loved seeing that cute face more!

Love to you and yours...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Laura said...

Happy New Year!
I hope your weekend with your family is wonderful.

I love your favorites for 2011.

The colors are great-

Laura
White Spray Paint

outjunking said...

You make me want to go on the WLYS. See you in 2012.
Lisa

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Can't wait to get back to thrifting! Now I am all inspired again! GREAT finds..

Shelia said...

Hi Linda! What great finds and I love that little wooden train and I'm sure little Tiger does too!
Happy New Year, sweet friend!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Catherine said...

I love the little Santa Hat bird! Cute!
Wishing you all the best for 2012!
xo Catherine

AshTreeCottage said...

I love all your junkin finds ~ especially your brownie camera, but you know what I like best? The darling face of your grandson! The future in his face and all the wonder he will discover. Wishing you and yours a happy, healthy and very prosperous new year!!

Big Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Susan said...

NEW YEAR'S DAY....Hi Linda....Hope you have a GREAT 2012!

Thanks for all your visits and comments on my blog. LOVE having you stop by. Take care. Susan

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope you've enjoyed your special week! I love the flamingo and the little white bird with the red hat! I would have scooped them up, too! Happy New year! ♥♥♥

gail said...

Happy New Year Linda....I hope you have a better year in 2012 and I hope you are doing okay. I know you had some challenges last year also. Thanks so much for sharing your feelings with me about the big 6-0. I'm getting more used to it now and I understand that I am very lucky to be here at this age....a lot of people don't make it!
I miss you and hope to be back blogging this year and not be so lazy!!!
Love all your treasures, too!
hugs,
gail

Audrey said...

My favorite of your favorites...the Johnson Bros. plates and of course..the pic of your grandson. Too cute!

Kathleen said...

That was fun. Hope Tiger gets many hours of fun from that toy. By 3 they are unto the electronics!