Monday, August 2, 2010

GREAT FINDS FOR THE DECK GARDEN!

I have been enjoying my deck garden so much this summer.  It is my first time really having lots of plants and flowers and tomatoes!  I have been adding some decorative touches via my yard sale and thrifting. Here are my latest and greatest finds!
 I have been looking for a rabbit and here was the perfect chippy guy for 1/2 price at the Thrift and I paid $1....I love him! 
He is sitting on this great little metal side table
I got this at the same yardsale with the Desert Rose dishes and he was also $1~~ not sure if he will get repainted right away or not as I like his chip-e-ness! 
Not such a great photo but I also got this great 
wire stand at another yard sale for $2 this will
get a paint job for sure...gold doesn't do it for me
This was bought at Hobby Lobby but at 80% off
still qualifys as a bargain!  I do love my Flamingos!
I really like how he looks next to the pink and white begonias
This pedestal was also a HL find for 80% off
Love the mosaic on it
For now it holds a birdhouse
A few random decorations and pots to be cleaned and placed
This deck garden has been so enjoyable to me and I will look for fall flowers and fall decorations soon!

Some info about Hobby Lobby Stores
Hobby Lobby is a privately held retail chain of arts and crafts stores based in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and is formally called Hobby Lobby Creative Centers.
Founded by David Green on August 3, 1972, the chain has more than 434 stores in 35 states. Hobby Lobby headquarters are located in a 3,400,000-square-foot (316,000 m2) manufacturing, distribution and office complex.
Stores do not use a barcode system and therefore rely on the hand pricing and ordering of items. On its web site, Hobby Lobby states that the high cost of the scanner system would hurt their ability to remain competitive in pricing.
Hobby delivers the same music to its individual locations via satellite from headquarters. This music blends light jazz, classical, bluegrass, and contemporary music styles (a large percentage of the chosen music is instrumental adaptations of traditional Christian hymns) into one single playlist which loops continuously.
Hobby Lobby locations have general operating hours from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Saturday. Except for the Distribution Center on certain days during the winter holiday season, all locations are closed on Sunday, out of respect for the founder's Christian beliefs. References to Christianity are often made in their stores and advertisements. Full page ads are purchased in each location's local papers on Christmas & Easter each year.

**Information from Wikipedia

For Today's Thrifty Treasures!

Troy over at I Refuse to Recede
and
Linda at Coastal Charm for




Always,
Linda

36 comments:

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

The pedestal is gorgeous and love it with the birdhouse on top. I am really loving that chippy paint green table. I love chippy paint!!!

Julie Harward said...

A cute bunny for a $1.00 now thats a deal! Cute pedestal too and the bird house looks cute on it! :D

Keetha Denise Broyles said...

Have you introduced your bunny to The Stone Rabbit yet???

You should! thestonerabbit(dot)typepad(dot)com

Vonlipi said...

That is a cool bunny! Me like! I also dig your metal table and rack(please,please paint the gold it hurts my eyes) lol

GWENDOLYN said...

You really made out great! Love the bunny! We have lots of the real thing hopping around our neighborhood.
Blessings~
Gwen

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You got some nice deals! Love HL's 80 & 90% off sales.
Have a great week.

Donna said...

Wow! Those are my kind of prices! I really love the sweet bunny, and your wire plant stand too! I am addicted to yard sales, and have a big pile of things that I bought last weekend that I need to transform!

Ninny said...

I have two of those little metal side tables, and they're both green and both chipped. They were my dad's. I'll not paint them or part with them. Besides, they're cute like yours.

Liz

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Great finds. I love the rabbit and love the whimsy of the flamingo.

Mel said...

Excellent thrifty finds. I remember my mum having one of those shelf thingys with plants on it.

Thank you for the visit and the kind comment.

Ms. Bake-it said...

Love the bunny! I also like the mosaic pedestal.

cj Schlottman said...

I just LOVE your blog! (And I'm really jealous of your new bunny). It really is uplifting to come home from sad work and find your beautiful photos and priceless finds.

Thanks for you comment on The Red Sweater. It was a true story, as I am sure you know.

((Hugs))..........cj

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What fun treasures! Love your sweet bunny!

Gina said...

I think that bunny is adorable! You've found some great treasures.

Jane said...

Your outdoor space looks beautiful. You've added some wonderful, thrifty finds to make it a very cozy space!
Have a great evening.
Jane

Susan said...

Ah ha! So you have been off to Hobby Lobby again, Linda. Darlin', you find the best stuff for so cheap. I went there last week and didn't find a thing. I think the south has better Hobby Lobbies then the north does, that's for sure. ;-)

What wonderful finds. I love the bunny. I just love bunnies. And the pedestal is really quite pretty and so sweet with the bird house on top of it.

Oh, and thank you so much for your order from CluckleBees. I just saw it a few minutes ago. I will have that out to you tomorrow morning.
You're going to love this new scent, Linda.

I hope you have a super fantastic evening and enjoy your new finds!
Susan

Annesphamily said...

Linda you chose a great company to blog about. I love Hobby Lobby. I work five minutes away from a HL store. I always find something great in there. Your flamingo is very cool. I like all your garden treasures. I have some angels and such tucked away in storage. I hope next Spring we can plant a nice garden and grow more flowers. You are always up to a challenge. Have a great week! Anne

Rachelle @ Adventures in Creating said...

What great finds! And at great prices too! I wish the thrift stores near my home had such great deals- I'm jealous!

Diann said...

Lots of great finds Linda! I love that gold wire shelf. I can't wait to see it painted! All kinds of fun and cool finds. It is so much fun to find whimsical and pretty things for our outdoor space!

Deb said...

Your deck is so whimsical. I love it. I knew you would be the first to comment on my post today. I think you would love this place but I think you have to keep going back because you get overwhelmed. It was a hoot though. Hug, Deb =^..^=x5

Susan said...

Wow, Linda. You are finding all kinds of treasures for your garden deck. That bunny is a cutie pie. Susan

Troy said...

I'm desperately trying to figure out what that is on the flamingo's back.

I have had a couple of disappointing adventurss at Hobby Lobby, walking through the entire store and leaving with absolutely nothing. :-(

Diann finds bargains there, but she is a better bargain spotter that I am.

Thanks for linking up!

Mimi said...

Linda, you find the cutest things...love the bunny and that mosaic pedestal is gorgeous. The flamingo is a cutie!

Denise said...

oh you got some awesome things for your deck! I can't wait to see how you paint that stand!

Toronto Yardsaler said...

Hi Linda,
Could you please email me when you have a moment to let me know if I can add your email as a contributor to The Pyrex Collective?
Thanks a lot,
Erin
monkeyintherocket@yahoo.ca

The Crazy Suburban Mom said...

Oh I have a total thing for pink flamingos and that just made my heart pittipat! wow!

Tracy

Anne - Fiona and Twig said...

Those are great finds! Your little rabbit is just adorable. :-)

~~Carol~~ said...

Your deck is so pretty Linda, and I can see why you're enjoying it so much! Hobby Lobbys across the country must have different merchandise, because I never saw one of those pedestals in mine. Gorgeous! And I have that same wire stand. I painted mine sage green, and I just love it because it's straight out of the 50s!

Sylvia said...

Hey Linda...that bunny is sure cute and you got him at a good price too! Our Hobby Lobby just opened up here last week. I will have to check it out when the crowd dies down a bit.

Sylvia

Pam said...

I enjoy flamingos also. I thought maybe I was the only one because my sisters start rolling their eyes when I look at them in the stores. You have some very cute items for the deck.

Chatty Crone said...

Linda I love all your buys, but I love the Flamingos the best!!!!

I have a friend whose church was given their land free by Hobby Lobby.

Have fun at the garage sale.

♥sandie

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

MORE great finds Linda! Of course, the flamingo is one of my favorites, but that floppy eared bunny is sure cute, and what great little tables you found. Oh how I love H.L., and the information about that store was really interesting. I had no idea why they didn't use bar codes. Glad they can keep their costs down that way, because they have some fantastic bargains. laurie

惠慧萍婷 said...

快樂,是享受工作過程的結果..................................................

Thoughtfully blended hearts said...

Some great finds and I liked the info on Hobby Lobby...kudos for them !!!

Mary said...

Howdy Linda,
Interesting info on HL...we don't have any here in my neck o' the woods...but, I see them referred to all over blogland. Yes, good for them.
I especially like your gold wire plant stand you got at a yard sale. Good finds!

Debbie said...

How did I miss this one? I spy a Flamingo...lol....love your silly rabbit too.