Wednesday, May 5, 2010

CINCO DE MAYO TABLESCAPE

Happy Cinco De Mayo!!  

I am joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch 
for Tablescaping Thursdy I put this tablescape together on Wednesday for  my Honey and I to enjoy a lovely Cinco de Mayo dinner!







I started with this tablecloth my Mom gave me
It's pretty old and she got it in Mexico years ago

I decided to highlight the greens and golds
 I started with off-white charger plates
Added Harlequin dinner plates and salad plates
I used yellow handled silverware and a napkin that also added red to the mix of warm colors
When I don't have cut flowers to add to my table
I will often use one of my house plants
Here ivy just adds that lovely green to the table
 I found this very cute candle holder at
The Classy Flea.   I was not able to join the Atlanta bloggers last Saturday for the shopping event, bud did get over there on Sunday and fell in love with this little guy.

I sat him on this green basket to give him some height!

This oil & vinegar bottle was found when we did our Tennessee Pickin Outing,  you can check out that post Here 
Notice the cute Salt & Pepper shakers hanging on the side!


I added these green wine glasses found at a yard sale


 
Hope you enjoy your Cinco de Mayo dinner!

Always,
Linda

18 comments:

Mimi said...

Love the green and yellow, very festive, Linda! Cute votive holder.

Tara said...

LOVE it!

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Great tablescape! Ole!!

Thanks for stopping by and entering the Csn giveaway. Good luck! I'll be drawing the winner tonight :)

Chatty Crone said...

I love the festive tablescape and it goes with your mother's tablecloth from Mexico. These are happy feel good colors!love,sandie

Jojo said...

What a festive tablescape! I love the color combination too!

Susan said...

Muy bueno, Linda! Your Cinco de Mayo tablescape was just great! Colorful and well thought out! Great job! Sincerely, Susan

Chickens in the Basement said...

Very pretty! Pass the tacos!
Anna

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

This yellow and green color scheme really looks pretty! Love the little guy you bought and the unusual little bottles!

Katherine

Diann said...

Totally fun!

I love the lightness of this table yet still colorful for a party! All the cute little details are perfect!

Joanne Kennedy said...

I love that tablecloth and everything looks so nice together.

I did a Cinco de Mayo table this week too. Aren't they fun. So bright and cheerful.

Hugs,
Joanne

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Happy Cinco de Mayo! What a fun, colorful setting-enjoy!

Sailing Simply said...

Thank you for your comments on my table. I love your Cinco de Mayo table too! I first thoght we had the same glasses, but then I saw yours have a gold edge. Too funny! You have some really interesting accesories too. Love the green and gold!

Allison Shops said...

Great table! I love all the vintage pieces, and tablecloth. The little man is just adorable. Dropping by from BNOTP.

Allison
Atticmag

Daphne said...

Love to see all those nice Homer Laughlin dishes on such a pretty table!

Sharon Haynie said...

Love the way the colors work together on your table. those vintage Mexican items look great too. Thanks for sharing!

Maryrose said...

Hi Linda,
Great cinco table. Love that little guy taking a siesta. Great colors and I think I am having a craving for some enchiladas ;)
I also checked out the pyrex post. Wow, you have quite the collection. Love those agua ones...all of them.
Enjoy your day.
Maryrose

GWENDOLYN said...

Linda,
Your table is perfect for the holiday. Very festive!
Blessings
Gwen

Mary said...

How cute! I missed this on el cinco de Mayo. Great settings :)