Monday, May 3, 2010

THRIFTY TREASURES

Friday on our way home from the Smokey Mountains
we stopped at a yard sale we saw on the side of the road
The prices were super low so I was happy to grab some cute baskets and wooden tray
A little set of drawers, spoon rest, small vases
A bag of cute Christmas ornaments
But this is what made my day...
$2 for all these glasses!
One was really chipped but enough for a perfect set of four!
I think these are from 1976 made by Indiana Glass
I love this smokey blue color!
I also found this sweet Bulova travel clock 

Our next stop was a Church Rummage Sale
I found this very cute pink straw Aigner purse for $1
And this brown bag also $1
These were also very well priced... Love this green candy dish and lid, also this pressed glass dish...candle holder?
This candlestick matches some bowls I found in Texas
Price $1 because it is really old she said.... 
Sweet blue dinner plate
Love the design on this plate, cracked and old
Four of these cute clear plates
love the pattern and never used
This blue and yellow ceramic hat is made to hang on a wall but I think I will use it for a tablescape...
This little milk glass piece was 10 cents
I was was able to find enough items to add up to $5
Church Rummage Sales are the best!

We stopped at this little Antique Store
I found these items
Hard to see the colors in this photo but they will be cute for butter pats or tea bag rests 
Another Orphan salt shaker found a home!

 One more stop at a Thrift Store very small and just my kind of junk store with lots of treasures to find!
I found a bag of old buttons and these plates

 
Lots of buttons on cards and some loose all for $2
Four of these plates with the candlewick edge
Love them!!


We had a great little get away and fun thrifty finds also.
What could be better!

Always,
Linda

21 comments:

Julie Harward said...

You find the neatest things! You about could open your own shop couldn't you...lucky lady! Come say hi :D

Dawn said...

Wonderful finds Linda. I really like the blue glasses. It's a wonderful color! Love the little dish with the fruit design too.
Happy Belated Birthday to Hubby! I love shopping for people who enjoy those kinds of presents! It's so much more fun than a trip to the mall.
Hugs,
Dawn

Diann said...

Okay, I am so JEALOUS of that set of blue glasses!!! OMG, I love...LOVE them! and the candlewick plates...fabulous! Wow, you got lots of awesome things!

BurtonClary031 said...

Thx ur share........................................

Jojo said...

I was excited about the glasses until I saw the candlewick! Wow great finds and terrific prices!!!

Jane said...

Sounds like a great day! You found some fun stuff...I love the blue glasses.
I missed your previous post...Happy Belated birthday to your husband.
Jane

Nancy said...

Wow! I think you got the best deals ever. The prices, unbelievable! All that glass for $2! The purses, the plates, all of it is very neat. Good for you!!!

Nancy

Susan said...

WOWSERS, Linda. You had a splendid thrifty weekend! Loved looking at all your treasures. Thanks for posting! Sincerely, Susan

Sherrie said...

I don't know where to begin. I love everything. You had a great day. I especially love the blue glasses, the sweet little blue flower plate and the ceramic blue straw hat. I sense a tablescape in the making. I am getting ready to share pics from the shower. hope you like them.

Tara said...

That's the exact same spoon rest that I have!!! ; )

P.S. The new stove arrives tomorrow ! Woohoo!!

Chatty Crone said...

Say - you did open your own store - lol.

Linda you know what you are doing when you go to these sales.

Milk glass for 10 cents.

Those smokey blue glasses are pretty too.

Where are you putting all these things? lol

love, sandie

Mimi said...

Linda, you hit the jackpot!
I love those blue pieces...are we going to see them in a tablescape, hopefully?

ThriftyAnnabella said...

Wow - I can't believe you got all those beautiful blue glasses for $2 - great find!

sissie said...

Girl, you really know how to shop!
What great treasures at unbelieveable prices!
Great job.

hugs
Sissie

A Write Life said...

Great finds! Wow! Love the glasses.

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Linda, what a yard sale! That ceramic hat will be so cute for a tablescape and the blue stemware will look so pretty with it. Love both of those, and I also love the prices you paid. I'm jealous! laurie

Rory from Tools Are For Women Too! said...

Wow! Looks like you scored big on this trip! Great finds.
I'm a new follower via Southern Hospitality.

Tardevil said...

The candlewick plates & the 'fruit' platter are my favorites. You had a super lucky thrifting adventure! Wish I had some luck like that.

Tardevil said...

Oh, and the blue glasses are very nice too.

Anny said...

I agree that church rummage sales really are the best!

Creations By Cindy said...

WOW what some awesome finds! I do like a good church yard sale! Be blessed. Cindy