Saturday, May 15, 2010

A "SUNDAY FAVORITE"

I am joining in for Sunday Favorites where we share a favorite post from the past! I have only be actively blogging since this past December so thought I would share one of my Christmas posts...
It's never to early to start thinking of Christmas...hope you enjoy.  I must say after looking at this my photos have gotten much better!



CHRISTMAS GREETINGS

Welcome! I am joining Susan at thoughtsfromovertherainbow for DECK THE HALLS.


This wall is by the front door and I keep all sorts of special things in the cubbies...of course right now they have Christmas cuties, most of them vintage. I've showed several of the items in the cubbies during Vintage Christmas Mondays. The plates were a thrift shop find a few years ago. The cute bell tree was bought at Cracker Barrel some years ago. It sat on my desk at work each Christmas until this one.

I put a 4 ft tree in my TV/Computer room. I decided this year to put my 'Cat' ornaments on it.

This first one is new this year. I used one of my $5 Hallmark coupons and paid a $1 for it.


I have been collecting Hallmark ornaments for several years. I have 19 years of PUPPY LOVE ornaments. I have 5 years of CAT NAPS ornaments and 11 years of MISCHIEVOUS KITTENS.
Puppy Love and Mischievous Kittens are current series and I got both of the 2009 ornaments using $5 coupons (nice). I no longer have the dog that started the Puppy Love collection (he has passed on) but I hate to quit...I'm hoping next year will be the last year, that would be 20 ornaments. I will pass these onto my daughter one of these days.

Meanwhile back to the cats....I have many other ornaments from friends who know I love my fur baby. Here are a few of my favorite of the Hallmark series.






Whoops got the back side of this guy......







This one (above) is the 2009 Mischievous Kittens ornament. Very cute each and every one of them. I have really enjoyed collecting these cat/kitten ornaments. They make me smile.

Of course I have kept the boxes they came in. Some of these are quite valuable now.

CAT NAPS SERIES



MISCHIEVOUS KITTENS SERIES




1991 first ornament in the Cat Nap Series


The tree with ornaments, lights and vintage stuff underneath....


Now for my second tree..... I have always wanted a Girly tree and this year I bought a 3 ft white tree for the Pink room. I bought as inexpensively as possible pink ornaments, some from the thrift, some from Ross and some from the Dollar Tree. I think it came out so cute!!!

I put a special decoration on the tree. On the first Birthday that Carter and I were together he gave me this princess crown and I loved it. Wore it to work, cause I am THE Princess! So of course it has to go on the girly tree.



I had to take several photos of this most valuable tiara...(yes I know it's plastic and for a child...but it's MY princess crown).



The little snowflakes were from dollar tree, 6 for $1! The small pink balls are from the thrift and the pink spiral I had.



Of course the Girly tree has to have cute things underneath it.....a pink snowman stocking, pink box with a gift and a doll. I needed a tree skirt but didn't want to spend a lot of $$ so I got a cute baby blanket for 50 cents and I think it looks perfect.



Now this sweet little angel doll was in a bag of Christmas goodies I bought at the GW. I didn't realize how cute she was until I opened the bag. She has a little bit of a pug nose, gives her character.


I don't have a lot of fancy decorations, but the one's I put up I enjoy. The larger tree in the living room is where the older ornaments and things the children made are displayed. I've not quite gotten that tree up yet...hmmmm, it's how many days until Christmas? Wishing you all the best this lovely Christmas season.

That was fun!! 
Now a reminder!  Only one day left to enter the 2nd giveaway
for the gift certificate to A Vintage Pearl HERE
 And while we are mentioning giveaways
My wonderful friend Diann at The Thrifty Groove is
Giving away this awesome teapot
Go HERE to enter!

Always,
Linda

22 comments:

Chatty Crone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diann said...

I still love the pink and white tree! I remember this post Loved all the little cat ornaments!

Thanks for posting about my giveaway!

Sheri said...

Hi Linda,
How many shopping days left until Christmas? Love the ornaments! :)
Blessings,
Sheri

Lori E said...

It is never too early for Christmas. I used to be done shopping in August when my kids were little. Now I will be lucky if I get it done before New Years.
Your kitty decorations are cute.

Julie Harward said...

Oh my gosh...I had to leep looking at the date, I thought I'd some how got to one of your Christmas posts! LOL...lots of cute things here! Come say hi :D

rose said...

I, guess you love Xmas. I like to go to thrift stores to get good finds.Three weeks ago, I, bought a large stuffed Aanta that would have cots me $80.and got it for $25.loved the pink tree. MERRY XMAS

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Merry Christmas! I just found my white tree at a thrift store 2 months ago! $15.00 and came complete with pink ornaments! it's never to early to shop for Christmas!

Carol

Homemade Quilts by Granny said...

Thats a nice collection you have. Trish

Anne - Fiona and Twig said...

Hi Linda!
You're right, it's never too early!
Great post!

Thanks so much for your visit and for your thoughts on my cubby post, I always love hearing what you're thinking.

Have a wonderful day!
Anne

My name is PJ. said...

I always find it delightful to stop periodically throughout the year and celebrate a bit of Christmas!

Chatty Crone said...

Hi Linda - I love YOUR entries for Pink Saturday. Okay my favorite is the white tree, with the pink bulbs, and the light!

Sandie
Never read blogs when you are dead tired. lol

Jojo said...

I love Christmas anytime of the year and that was fun to see.

Thanks for posting about your choice in music. I love the classics as well.

It's funny another blogger posted they like the quiet and I think there are blessings to be found there too.

Have a wonderful week.

Dragonfly Treasure said...

What a cute collection! Love your girly tree and YOUR tiara!
*hugs*deb

The Tablescaper said...

Love that pink and white tree. Sunday Favorites is a great way to look back on our favorites.

Thanks for coing to visit and your kind comments.

- The Tablescaper

susan said...

Linda-Oh my goodness, I can't start thinking Christmas yet!! :) Hallmark makes the best ornaments! I am determined to have a "girly" tree like yours one day. I have been waiting on a granddaughter, but maybe I'll just do one for myself :)

Shelia said...

Hi Linda! Oh, what a pretty tree. I never tire of seeing Christmas! Sweet little ornaments too.
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Chickens in the Basement said...

I love that you have a whole Christmas tree dedicated to cat ornaments! Does your cat curl up under it?

sissie said...

I love your Christmas past post.
That pink and white tree is so pretty. I think I might try to do one this year for my home. The kitty ornaments are so sweet. Hallmark makes the most amazing ornaments that are hard to resist.

hugs
Sissie

My Vintage Studio said...

Hi Linda.
Thank you for visiting my blog this weekend.

I think it is never too early for Christmas planning. Just this past week thinking of some new designs for Christmas tags.

Wishing you a wonderful week!
Sharon

FLOWERSHOPGURL said...

Hi, I love both your trees "princess", so cute. I made a pink tree a few years back for a special niece's 16th Xmas. I'll have to post some pictures of it at a later date. I can't wait for Christmas!
Hugz,
Kimc

Anitra Cameron said...

So cute! My daughter-in-law puts only cats on the family tree, and I love looking at them all! And I love the "girly" tree, and the little pug-nosed angel, too. =o)

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Linda...

My friend, I love, love, LOVE Christmas...it's my favorite time of the year! Getting to see one of your Christmas posts was such a treat for me! Thank you for joining in with the fun of Sunday Favorites this week...great post!!!

I just adore your little cubby with all the vintage Christmas items! Ohhh...and all of your adorable Hallmark kitty ornaments are fabulous! Now I'm sitting here wondering if my daughter Aimee realizes that Hallmark has these...she loves her kitties! So glad that you told us about them...I'm going to check with Aimee and let her know! Ohhh...and I love your beautiful white tree with all the pretty pinks!!! Simply gorgeous!!! I bet you had alot of fun decorating that "girly" tree!!! Again, thank you so much for sharing a few of your Christmas goodies with us for Sunday Favorites!!!

Warmest wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design