Friday, October 16, 2015

V is for...

I am sharing this post from 2010


V is for Verde

(aka green)

PLANTERS
I remember my Mom having planters on our coffee table with ivy in them.  The first one I found at a yard sale I fell in love with.
They have been very thrifty finds at yard sales, flea markets and occasionally at thrift stores
Most were purchased for 50 cents of less
My helper was making sure these two round planters were ready for their close up
 Mama these two look alike? 
 Just slight color variations
I had one and a good friend gave me the other
The shape of this one is interesting
Different 
But the same?
Love this shade of Verde
Chartreuse? 
This one has an interesting glaze
 Fish scale design
This planter was bought 2 years ago at the Longest Yard Sale for 50 cents ~ it is a bright green and made by Shawnee

I like the handles on this one

Very art deco
This planter is made by Maddux of California

There were many California pottery companies in the
40's - 60's
Many of my planters are unmarked or marked USA Calif

These planters have a home on my 
bakers rack in the screened porch
Hope you enjoyed V is for Verde  

Joining Jenny for Alphabe-Thur


Wishing you JOY,

Linda


18 comments:

Sarah said...

Linda, you have a fine collection of verde planters. '-)
My favorite is the compote with handles.

Chatty Crone said...

Love your verde collection - just learned that in SPanish.

Marigene said...

Ah, you did this post just for me, Linda? You have a wonderful collection of green planters, now you need plants for a few!
Have a great weekend.

Meggie said...

What a fabulous collection....and, green is my favorite color !

Simple and serene living Laura Walker said...

What a great collection, Linda. I always love finding old planters. xo Laura

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Love all your pretty "V for Verde" planters, Linda.

Kathy Moreland said...

Very pretty. I love old vases, but don't have but one or two. The different shades of green are interesting, and makes a nice collection!

Vicky Hunt said...

Such a fun and creative post Linda! I love all of your verde or zelená (that's Czech for green) planters. They are all so pretty and unique! Charlie kitty is looking quite handsome! Have a happy weekend!

Hugs, Vicky

Shelia said...

Hi Linda! OH, I adore your little green planters! They are all so interesting and art decolike! Now I wanna see your little screened porch! The planters looks good on your shelf.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Oliva Ohlson said...

I like these verde planters, especially the art deco one. I have about 3-4 that my late mother-in-law had, and I have not used them. I will bring them out and put some succulent in them. Thank you for the inspiration and have a wonderful day!!!

Have a Daily said...

Love your collection Linda! Each one is beautiful in its own way!
Hugs,
Jann

Donna said...

What a terrific collection of planters you have, Linda! I am always drawn to the green ones too. I'd also add that V is for vert "victory", as you've found some real bargains!!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Such pretty things, I do like just so you know

Donna Wilkes said...

G is for Great!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Nice collection Linda! I sold mine before our last but do have the deco style one in white. Couldn't let it go. Great idea for a porch. :)

Annesphamily said...

Lots of pretty pots for planting. I see your helper is a fine looking feline. You share such sweet treasures Linda. Take care, good to see you here.

Sheila Todd Julio Hallelujah Monduwan said...

like your shapes of verde,
wow.

EM said...

Of course, I saw the title of the post and the first thing that popped in my nerd head was "Vendetta, of course." But that's me. Not you. Sweet little collection. I can see why you like them.