I wanted to join Kathleen for her Let's Dish challenge this month. Since I'm at my Mom's and away from all my dishes, I decided to share a post with you from last year!
It just says 'Spring' to me!
I layered a large white charger plate and a vintage green plate underneath the salad plate.
*edited to add that I think the green vintage plate is Edwin Knowles Yorktown. Thanks to Monicawho helped me research*
The bright green place mat was perfect and added two other colors; yellow and blue
The plaid napkin brought out the yellow and blue in addition to the green.
I went with the blue handled flatware
I love this blue and green goblet and while I found mine at Goodwill, I've seen them at Ross.
Adding a little bird napkin ring continues the theme of this table. The napkin rings were found on deep clearance at Hobby Lobby.
Pier 1 bird salt and pepper shakers on a pale yellow plate
At each place setting is a little yellow bird salt shaker. Vintage and in bad condition, I love them anyway and they are perfect to add that extra touch!
My newest thrifty find is this cute bird napkin holder. I paid 95 cents for it and added some bird paper napkins to the holder.
*When fresh flowers aren't available a green houseplant still adds some life to a centerpiece*
I hope you enjoyed my birdie tablescape!
Please visit Kathleen and see all the other tablescapes for the April challenge of 'Birds~Eggs~Nests'
I'm also joining Tablescape Thur
Wishing You JOY,
Linda
I'm also joining Tablescape Thur
Wishing You JOY,
Linda











32 comments:
So perfect for Kathleen's challenge Linda! I love yellow, green & blue together for Spring :-)
Next to flowers, birds are my favorite. Such a perfect setting for Spring, XOXO
green . . . yellow . . . blue . . . perfect!
I am in love with the shape and shade of those green plates.
Love the colors! Your birdies are so cute. I have those glasses too, got them at TJ and some at Cmas Tree shop. SOmeone in the challenge used them too, maybe Infuse with Liz. They are so pretty! I forgot al about mine!
Thanks for linking up even when you have big things on your plate!
All the best!
I remember it and I liked it then and I like it now - it does say SPRING!
Aren't the sweet little birds perfect for your tablescape! How pretty everything looks. I know you're anxious to get back to decorating your home when you get back. Big hugs to you Sis!
I remember this table from last year! I think mostly because of the inspiration plate that I loved so much!!!
I hope you're having a good visit with your Mom! Enjoy the weekend!
I love your pretty spring table, Linda. I hope things are going well in Texas. xo Laura
I really like the small birds! How is your mom? I am sure that you will be happy when you get her settled. Have a wonderful weekend.....I will be on Spring Break next week.
Very pretty table setting Linda. Love all the little chickens and the combination of color. Just perfect.
I have some chicks I need to bring out.
Be Safe.
Audrey Z @ Timeless Treasures
I love it the second time around too, beautiful color combination. Those vintage green plates are so interesting.
I remember this post! I loved this table and the little bird napkin holder. Still love it..it is the perfect spring table!
Blessings, Vicky
Linda, I remember this from last year, it's one of my favorites with greens and blues.
Hope things are going better for you this week.
So many cute birdies!
I do hope you'll share this at Seasonal Sundays.
- Alma, The Tablescaper
Hi Linda, glad you showed your delightful spring tablescape today. The Watering can plates are such a treat.
Joy
Such a lovely tablescape! The napkin rings are adorable.
Sam from www.creativelysams.com
You must dream in color Linda!! My fav!!! Green, blue and yellow!! Loving the little chicks - Yes!! Spring is finally here!!
Love your table and those sweet yellow bird shakers! Cute napkin rings too -- I wonder if Hobby Lobby has them again this year...
Your watering can plates are so pretty -- I love Marjolein Bastin designs :)
That table is so pretty it is worthy of showing again! I especially love the art deco green plate.
LOVE this sweet tablescape that just screams Spring!! Those plates are SO pretty!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Hugs,
Debbie
Linda, this is a perfect table for the challenge. Glad you joined in the fun. Thinking about you……S
Wonderful Spring table. I love the greens, blues, and yellows. The little chicks are precious.
Love those plates...this bright green is so cheery!
I can't decide if I love the plates or the napkin holder more. Lovely use of your special tableware!
What a beautiful spring table! I love all of your bird figurines, s&p shakers and plates!
Donna
these are the cutest little plates and I love the design of the green ones underneath . I am always on the lookout for simple little plates anywhere.Susie
Linda,
Sings of Spring! Gorgeous colors and I love the birds and what they represent as well!
Enjoy your visit-
Hugs,
Jemma
love the little yellow birds
Lots of birdie love :)
Out of all of the people in blogland who do tablescapes, I think yours are always my favorites, because I always want to actually sit down at your table! Happy Spring Linda!
The birds are all adorable I just found a little bird creamer for a friend.
Your table is real cute
I still love those Edwin Knowles plate...very retro! Tell Tiger Happy Belated Birthday for me!
Post a Comment