Thursday, April 10, 2014

Sharing The Birds Of Sping

 I wanted to join Kathleen for her Let's Dish challenge this month.  Since I'm at my Mom's and away from all my dishes, I decided to share a post with you from last year!
This plate was my inspiration for the table
It just says 'Spring' to me!  
I layered a large white charger plate and a vintage green plate underneath the salad plate. 
*edited to add that I think the green vintage plate is Edwin Knowles Yorktown.  Thanks to Monicawho helped me research* 
The bright green place mat was perfect and added two other colors; yellow and blue

The plaid napkin brought out the yellow and blue in addition to the green.  
I went with the blue handled flatware

I love this blue and green goblet and while I found mine at Goodwill, I've seen them at Ross.
Adding a little bird napkin ring continues the theme of this table.  The napkin rings were found on deep clearance at Hobby Lobby.
Pier 1 bird salt and pepper shakers on a pale yellow plate
At each place setting is a little yellow bird salt shaker.  Vintage and in bad condition, I love them anyway and they are perfect to add that extra touch!
My newest thrifty find is this cute bird napkin holder.  I paid 95 cents for it and added some bird paper napkins to the holder.
For a centerpiece I added my potted peace plant and a soft yellow bird and a LOVE sign
*When fresh flowers aren't available a green houseplant still adds some life to a centerpiece*

I hope you enjoyed my birdie tablescape!

Please visit Kathleen and see all the other tablescapes for the April challenge of 'Birds~Eggs~Nests'

I'm also joining Tablescape Thur

Wishing You JOY,

Linda


32 comments:

Kathe said...

So perfect for Kathleen's challenge Linda! I love yellow, green & blue together for Spring :-)

Susan said...

Next to flowers, birds are my favorite. Such a perfect setting for Spring, XOXO

Art and Sand said...

green . . . yellow . . . blue . . . perfect!

I am in love with the shape and shade of those green plates.

Kathleen said...

Love the colors! Your birdies are so cute. I have those glasses too, got them at TJ and some at Cmas Tree shop. SOmeone in the challenge used them too, maybe Infuse with Liz. They are so pretty! I forgot al about mine!
Thanks for linking up even when you have big things on your plate!
All the best!

Chatty Crone said...

I remember it and I liked it then and I like it now - it does say SPRING!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Aren't the sweet little birds perfect for your tablescape! How pretty everything looks. I know you're anxious to get back to decorating your home when you get back. Big hugs to you Sis!

Alycia Nichols said...

I remember this table from last year! I think mostly because of the inspiration plate that I loved so much!!!

I hope you're having a good visit with your Mom! Enjoy the weekend!

ImSoVintage Laura Walker said...

I love your pretty spring table, Linda. I hope things are going well in Texas. xo Laura

mrs. c said...

I really like the small birds! How is your mom? I am sure that you will be happy when you get her settled. Have a wonderful weekend.....I will be on Spring Break next week.

Audrey said...

Very pretty table setting Linda. Love all the little chickens and the combination of color. Just perfect.
I have some chicks I need to bring out.
Be Safe.
Audrey Z @ Timeless Treasures


Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I love it the second time around too, beautiful color combination. Those vintage green plates are so interesting.

Vicky Hunt said...

I remember this post! I loved this table and the little bird napkin holder. Still love it..it is the perfect spring table!

Blessings, Vicky

Marigene said...

Linda, I remember this from last year, it's one of my favorites with greens and blues.
Hope things are going better for you this week.

The Tablescaper said...

So many cute birdies!

I do hope you'll share this at Seasonal Sundays.

- Alma, The Tablescaper

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Hi Linda, glad you showed your delightful spring tablescape today. The Watering can plates are such a treat.
Joy

Sam Schaefer said...

Such a lovely tablescape! The napkin rings are adorable.
Sam from www.creativelysams.com

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

You must dream in color Linda!! My fav!!! Green, blue and yellow!! Loving the little chicks - Yes!! Spring is finally here!!

Sarah ~ Magnolias Attic said...

Love your table and those sweet yellow bird shakers! Cute napkin rings too -- I wonder if Hobby Lobby has them again this year...
Your watering can plates are so pretty -- I love Marjolein Bastin designs :)

Maureen Wyatt said...

That table is so pretty it is worthy of showing again! I especially love the art deco green plate.

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

LOVE this sweet tablescape that just screams Spring!! Those plates are SO pretty!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Sarah said...

Linda, this is a perfect table for the challenge. Glad you joined in the fun. Thinking about you……S

Candy S said...

Wonderful Spring table. I love the greens, blues, and yellows. The little chicks are precious.

tablescapesbybev.com said...

Love those plates...this bright green is so cheery!

Jennie Schumann said...

I can't decide if I love the plates or the napkin holder more. Lovely use of your special tableware!

Donna said...

What a beautiful spring table! I love all of your bird figurines, s&p shakers and plates!
Donna

Susie Holler said...

these are the cutest little plates and I love the design of the green ones underneath . I am always on the lookout for simple little plates anywhere.Susie

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Linda,
Sings of Spring! Gorgeous colors and I love the birds and what they represent as well!
Enjoy your visit-
Hugs,
Jemma

Hena Tayeb said...

love the little yellow birds

Consider It All Joy said...

Lots of birdie love :)

★Carol★ said...

Out of all of the people in blogland who do tablescapes, I think yours are always my favorites, because I always want to actually sit down at your table! Happy Spring Linda!

Curtains in My Tree said...

The birds are all adorable I just found a little bird creamer for a friend.
Your table is real cute

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

I still love those Edwin Knowles plate...very retro! Tell Tiger Happy Belated Birthday for me!