Sunday, March 17, 2013

Gratitude Sunday #11

It's a beautiful day here in Houston, Texas
The sun is shining and it's a lovely 75 degrees out!
I hope you are having a wonderful St. Patrick's Day!
Mom is cooking corned beef and cabbage and I am looking forward to it!
Feeling a little homesick today.  Missing my sweet Tiger.  They got a new picnic bench and I can't wait to enjoy eating out there on my next visit!
Tiger enjoying his first ice cream cone!
Of course I've been missing these boys also!
(I can see that Mr Toes is getting some fur back on his shaved areas!)

This week I am so grateful that I have been able to help family members here in Houston.  I live so far away from my Mom, but I have an Aunt and a couple of cousins who live here and are wonderful about watching out for her and helping her if she needs anything!  So this week when I was able to help them....well it just felt great!  I took my cousin Karen to the ER (she needed to make sure her ankle wasn't broken) and my other cousin Joletta to her Dr's appt.  She isn't able to drive right now with her heart issues.  Both of my cousins are very special to me.  One is older (Joletta) one younger (Karen).  We have grown up seeing each other on vacations and have remained close.  Now that they are in Houston I see them several times a year when I visit my Mom.  We have grown even closer as we all struggle with aging Mothers who are all sisters.  Joletta's Mom has passed away but Karen's Mom and mine are still with us.  We ourselves have had medical issues....Joletta with her heart and Karen with COPD.  I'm the healthiest and hope to keep it that way!  We always have a 'cousins night out' for Mexican food and talk and talk and talk!  I am so grateful for these amazing women who are a part of my life! 

What are you Grateful for??

Wishing you JOY,

Linda

**I am not sure if I will continue this party past Easter.  It doesn't seem that many linkup and since there are so many Sunday parties maybe one more is just too many.   I will let you know for sure next week.  Thanks to all of you who have participated.**




21 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Linda.....SO glad you are having fun with your cousins.

I love all my cousins, too.

Yikes, you mean I'm the first entry for Gratitude Sunday? Holy cow.

I had previously listed it on my blog as Thankful Sunday but corrected it. Same meanings but different words. ha ha ha

Have a wonderful day. Susan

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Hi Linda; always glad when you host but do understand if you feel it is time to stop. I read all your posts with pleasure and will continue to do so.

I am grateful that I have a dear grand son to love encourage his love of plants. I posted his 'rock plant' that is likely chosen from a group of 'rock plants' at the garden shop.

Joy

Diann said...

I am glad you are having fun and are able to meet and get caught up with other family members. And being there to help them is awesome! Thanks for hosting Linda!

Micupoftea~ said...

Hello Linda~
So blessed to have family: cousins, a mom and grandchildren! Enjoy the spring weather. We are also having 70/80's temps this week and next. A soon as my leg is better I plan to do some gardening.
Thx for hosting,
Shawn

Barbara F. said...

Linda, relatives are wonderful and it is fantastic that even with all the miles that separate you, you are close and get to see each other. Happy St. Paddy's Day. xo

tablescapesbybev said...

I understand if you decide to discontinue the link party, but I really like the smaller party. I hope you have a great visit with your mother and all the other relatives!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's so nice to spend time with your Mom and other family but I know you miss your home and everyone there. I've enjoyed this party because it focuses on what we are grateful for. Today I'm grateful for a Sunday drive and Florida State parks! Sweet hugs!

Nancy Carr said...

Cherish every moment with your mother and family. I miss my mother and wish I could spend time again with her.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

You are a great daughter! I need to appreciate mine more!
I wish the snow was gone and it's was warmer here!!!
Warmly,
deb

AllyJo said...

I like a smaller party too. Don't stop just because people aren't linking such as myself. LOL I just haven't got around to it yet. I'm not on much on Sunday. Regardless, don't be discouraged. Glad Mr. Toes is alive ad well.

Jo-Anne Meadows said...

St Patrick Day you say hmm I don't give such days much thought but then most of my days just run together in a fog...........

Jemma said...

Linda,
You have been so busy! I know how you are enjoying all of the family and at the same time missing the ones you left back home!! How Blessed you are to have so many of them to LOve!!
Thanks for hosting!
Sweet Hugs!
Jemma

Lady Linda said...

Linda, I'm sure you are enjoying your family so far away but I'm sure you are missing your dear grandson and family.
I have sooo enjoyed Gratitude Sunday and will really miss it if you end it!
Much love,
Linda

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

So happy to hear you've been able to spend time with your cousins. You're so lucky to all be so close. Enjoy your time together.

Shelia said...

Love it, Linda! Nothing like little Tiger snaps. I'm scrubbing toilets just for you! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

bj said...

Oh dear,..I linked you in my post and then forgot to come over and link myself at your Sun. party.
Just got too much on my plate right now.
I just linked...so sorry to be late for the party. :(

bj said...

I meant to add that, if you enjoy doing this party, I think you should give it a little more time to get known. Sometimes it takes several months before people even know about it.
'course, it it's not fun to do, I wouldn't do it, either. :)

zaza said...

Thanks for your visit.
Its so wonderful to be part of a close family.
I know what you mean about missing your sweet boy. My gkids (twin boy and girl) are 2000 miles away. It feels like a part ofme is missing.

Yes the kittys slept the day away and only came to the kitchen for their dinner.
Have a great week.

Chatty Crone said...

75 degrees so nice. I heard on GMA some part of Texas was 91 degrees today. And I am glad you have a lot of family and friends there.

Your kitties are both beautiful.

I know you miss Tiger!

Love, sandie

Melanie said...

I long for 75 degree days! It's still very cold and even a little snowy here in northern IL. Like you, I am very grateful for the female members of my family for whom I'm close to - my mom, a few aunts, and my nieces. Enjoy the time with your family!

Diane said...

What an adorable first ice cream cone photo! So cute. Glad you are enjoying the nice weather and visiting with family.