Tuesday, March 19, 2013

This 'N' That

It's Tuesday evening as I write this post!  
I am so excited, because tomorrow I get to meet a blogging friend!  
Shelia of Note Songs lives in Galveston, TX less then an hour away from my Mom's house.  We had hoped to meet last time I was in TX, but Mom was too ill for me to leave her for several hours.  This visit Mom is in great health so Shelia and I are meeting TOMORROW!
If you haven't visited Shelia's blog you should!  She has such a fun style and always shares a song with us on each post!  I will of course have my camera and there will be photos and stories!  

The Gratitude Sunday link party here at A La Carte, came out of a challenge I did with my friend Mary of Redo 101.  We did a gratitude post each day of November and it was life changing for Mary and I both.  I started the Gratitude Party but have found it difficult to continue it and was considering ending it.  Today Mary has decided she will host a Gratitude Weekly party on Friday.  I could not be happier and will close my party and join her's!  Please check out this new linky party that will start this Friday, March 22nd.  Mary is a wonderful person and I have enjoyed getting to know her better!  I hope you will all join us,  
Gratitude Can Change Your Life!

I was so upset to learn that Google Reader will close down in July.  I love using a reader that way I do not miss any of your posts!  I and many others were looking for a reader and who do I hear about but BLOGLOVIN!  It is GREAT!  They will transfer your Goggle Reader list to Bloglovin and so far I have found it easy to use.  I know they have had lots of new sign ups and I recommend you consider it if looking for a new Reader.  I put a  button on my blog to follow with Bloglovin!
(no compensation for this just sharing my personal experience)

I am missing my Georgia family and friends.  Today Tiger was saying 'Grandma come see Tiger now?' so they called me to tell me they missed me!
I love that little one so much! 
Here he is having breakfast 'coffee' with Dad!

I'm joining Kathe for
Your Gonna Love It


Wishing You JOY,

Linda

19 comments:

Deb said...

Now, that's exciting. Please give Shelia a hug for me. I always enjoy her blog. Hugs, Deb

Susan said...

Oh, I'm so jealous you are going to meet a fellow blogger, Linda. Of course, I'm THRILLED for you. Have a blast.

Loved all the photos, including the one of Tiger.

So is the gratitude party going to run on Fridays?

Take care and have a wonderful Wednesday. Susan

Barbara F. said...

How wonderful that you and Shelia will get to meet. Take lots of photos to share with us. xo

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

I'm sure you and Sheila will have a blast! Enjoy:@)

BECKY said...

How fun! There are so many blog friends I'd love to meet in person. If I become a millionaire....yeah, uh huh....I'll hire a huge bus and go from state to state and town to town and we'll all ride around and have a blast! Have a great time with Sheila, Linda!!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I like Google reader too. It's wonderful for a blogspot. How fun to meet Shelia. I still plan to make some of her sweet Christmas houses.

Debra @ Homespun said...

have fun with your friend. Ah, little Tiger is adorable with his coffee cup ! :)

Mary Redo said...

I am so jealous you're going to meet Shelia, give her a big hug from me!

Hugs ~ Mary

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Oh, that sounds like so much fun, meeting an online blogging friend in person! Fill us in about the visit after, ok? We can all live vicariously through you, LOL!

:) Pam

Nellie said...

Have fun today, Linda! Lots of us bloggers send Sheila hugs!

xo Nellie

Kathe said...

Oh I can't wait to hear/ see all about your visit w/ Sheila Linda! How exciting!! Love the picture of Tiger :-)

Pam said...

How fun to get to meet her! BTW, I signed up for both Bloglovin and Feedly, so I'll follow you on both. I've actually had Bloglovin for a while and just was so used to using Google Reader that i just never fully embraced it.

Shelia said...

OH, Linda, this was so sweet of you to mention me today. I had just the best time with you! Sorry about the cake! :(
Thank you for my gifts and I'll have us posted soon! You totally made my week!
You are the sweetie,
Shelia )

Ames said...

It is fun meeting other bloggers. I plan on meeting you one day too!~Ames

Susan said...

I have hopes to meet all my blog friends, especially you, XOXO

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I LOVE meeting blogging friends in person! How exciting!
I haven't given a thought to the "change"...too many of them for me!
Warmly,
deb

Jo-Anne Meadows said...

I don't know if I would like to meat a fellow blogger I would be worried they wouldn't like me........

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I hope you had a wonderful time together today. Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Chatty Crone said...

I hope you had a T-terrific time Linda. Sorry I am so late. So tell me did you take your GFC button off? I see the bloglovin button. Are they going to get rid of GFC? sandie