Friday, March 22, 2013

I've Got A Friend!

I've shared before how much blogging means to me.  Over the years I have come to  realize that what I treasure the most is the friendships I've made.  Most of you I will sadly never meet in person, but occasionally the stars align and I get to meet face to face with a blogging friend!  That happened this week!
I have followed Shelia's blog Note Songs for years. You know how you read someone's blog and KNOW you could be friends...well we are!   She is always upbeat and makes the cutest little vignettes.  He blog always makes me feel good, so I was super excited to meet her in person!  

GUESS WHAT?
She is even more awesome in person!   Cute as a button and twice as sweet!  We had no trouble talking for hours and I enjoyed every minute of it! 
I know I promised lots of photos but I was enjoying the visit so much that these photos Shelia's Mr. Precious took are all I have to share! 
Look at sweet Chloe Dawn, she was adorable too!
The visit started with a tour of her lovely home.  I got to see all these charming decorations in person and yes...her home is as cute as her photos show!  She has little visual surprises everywhere!  A feast for the eyes! 
And speaking of feasts, Shelia made lunch for us and it was so good.  Chicken salad on croissants, fruit, chips and ice tea.   I enjoyed meeting Mr. Precious who ate lunch and left us to our chattering!
Her Easter mantel was so cute.  I must say I just love her style and everything about this fun lady! 

As bloggers do we exchanged some gifts! 
Look at this journal with the Eiffel Tower on it!  For my trip to Paris she said....how thoughtful and I will use it for sure!  She also made me this darling Rooster potholder!  (Roos are a favorite of her's) and of course a chocolate Easter bunny! 

I am so Grateful for the chance to meet Shelia in person and spend time with her.  Since she lives not too far from my Mom, we hope to get together again next time I'm in Texas!  Thank you Shelia for a wonderful day!  

I'm joining Mary's new link party

I will no longer host Gratitude Sunday so I am very happy that Mary has started this party! I hope you will join us! 

Wishing You JOY,

Linda

39 comments:

Jenny Watson said...

Today I just want to say that both you are looking so gorgeous thank you very much for sharing such nice images.

Villas for Rent in France

Shelia said...

Oh, Linda, what a sweet post! I truly did enjoy getting to meet you too! That will be a memory I will keep close to me for years and years to come! I'm tossing out that cake! :)
You are the sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Micupoftea~ said...

Well, what a treat! So fun to meet IRL and have the chance to visit over lunch. Have a great weekend :)

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Very nice Linda! Sounds like you both had a great time and I love that fun Roo pot holder-enjoy:@)

Tricia said...

How fun to see you both together! It sounded like a really delightful visit. I have met only a few online friends, but it's always a thrill!

J said...

It's so much fun to see stories like this! Both of you pretty ladies are just beaming with joy! Yes, there's lots of "bad things" that the internet has brought into our lives - but most are good, and blogging friends who you actually get to meet are at the top of that list!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

What fun! I haven't met any bloggers in person yet, but you two would be high on my list!

Jill said...

It must have been a magical day - both of you look so happy! What fun!

Ren said...

There are a few bloggers I would love to meet too.. Great post! I found you through Ms Redo's gratitude link up :)

Mary Redo said...

So excited you got to meet Shelia, I know it was a fun visit! I know all of us would love a chance to meet Ms. Note Songs. Thanks for linking to the party and your support in that.

Hugs ~ Mary

Sue said...

Two nice girls enjoying each other's company! Glad you had such avoid visit, Linda. xo Sue

Sue said...

iPad messed with my comment... Glad you had a NICE visit! Sheesh- technology! LOL

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

How fun to meet in person! You are so right - there are bloggers who you just know you could be friends with :-)

Jane and Chris said...

This is what I love about blogging, we get to 'meet'such lovely people,and when we meet them for real it feels as though we have been friends for life.
You two look as though you had a whale of a time!
Jane x

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I was so happy to see some pics on Shelia's blog last night! You girls were having all kinds of fun. Isn't it great when you are already friends and have lots to talk about? You are both so pretty with beautiful smiles. I hope I can meet you some day, too! I want some of those HUGS! Have a blessed day!

Vicky Hunt said...

Hi Mary! Just discovered you through Mary's blog...:) I have really enjoyed looking at some of your older thrifting posts! I love to thrift shop as well...:)Amazing what treasures can be found for near nothing! Stop by for a visit sometime...:)

Blessings, Vicky
Life On Willie Mae Lane

Nellie said...

Well, what fun the two of you had! I have met a couple of bloggers myself, and it was a great time, too!

xo Nellie

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

How exciting for you two!!! Sounds like y'all had a fun day. When do you leave for your trip to Paris?

Blessings,
Linda

AshTreeCottage said...

How fun to see a pic of you two together. Isn't blogging a wonderful thing? It gives us the chance to broaden our horizons and make long lasting friendships. Have a fun weekend!

Big Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Barbara F. said...

Love when blogging buddies get to meet up! Love Shelia's sweet gifts to you (and yours to her!). Love that roo pot holder. xo

Debra @ Homespun said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! :) You both look pretty and happy! :)

Ellie VanCaster said...

Oh how fun for you to actually meet in person-you two look absoluetly thrilled to be with one another.
Have a good weekend

Laurie Ritchey said...

Y'all look adorable! What fun! I'm a little jealous of you two. laurie

Shelia said...

Hi Linda! OH, it seems like you've just left! Again, what a nice visit I had with you. Thanks for popping in to see me. I'm sure your kitty will be so happy to see you when you get back to Georgia!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

20 North Ora said...

Linda - I am not the least bit surprised! I knew she would be just as sweet as she sounds. So glad you got to get together and visit. How fun!

Judy

Jemma said...

Oh, what a great time the two of you surely had-this was just such a fun post!
Jemma

p.s.-
I will miss gratitude Sundays! But I am joining you at Mary's!

Sarah said...

Linda, I'm so glad you two got to meet and spend time together. Blogger friendships are truly special.

Susan said...

Linda, I am so glad you were able to meet Shelia and be friends! Its awesome when you find that you click with someone.

Kathe said...

Color me jealous! I'd love to be right in the middle of you two! What a fun time it looks like you two had! Meeting blogging friends IRL is just the best :-)

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

How very FUN to meet her and share a meal and gifts!
Great photo of you gals!
Warmly,
deb

ImSoVintage said...

How wonderful that you got to meet and had such a wonderful time. She looks like a fun person.
Hugs,
Laura

Betty@SouthernGrace said...

Ooo how sweet...love you both. Funny how well we know each other through these blogs. Kindred spirits.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

So great that you two could meet! It's so fun meeting other bloggers...seems like you've known them forever!

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

What a wonderful time you all had together!! Love seeing your smiling face with Shelia! Continue to have fun and take care!

Susan said...

Ohhhh, that's a sweet post, Linda. So glad you got to meet a blogger in person! That's wonderful.

Thanks for all your visits to my blog and for your comments, too. Susan

Suzanne Dutcher said...

Two lovely ladies! No wonder you hit it off...the way you described your friend is the way anyone would describe you:) And please tell her i love her home!

Zootsuitmama said...

YOu look so happy! Very cool to meet fellow bloggers! I hope to someday...cute house too!!

Chatty Crone said...

I am so happy for you - I think that was just what you needed. She seems like a wonderful friend. And you had a good time and it's always wonderful to meet a new friend. sandie

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What fun! Sounds like you both had such a good time.