Saturday, December 24, 2016

Merry Christmas Eve!!

This has been a crazy December for me!
Busy with church activities and babysitting the Grands.  Helping my friend Carter move and trying to clean and rearrange my home.
All came to a halt when the dreaded Christmas Cold hit me.  Runny nose, sore throat and aches.  I'm a bit better but since Christmas waits for no man (or woman) I've been trying to power through.  I've not been able to get as much done as I had hoped but Christmas will arrive tomorrow and it will be perfectly imperfect!
My tree this year.  Set up on the dining room table and so far Miss Annie has not touched it.  I may try moving it back in front of a window next year but we will see.  I've enjoyed the bubble lights this year. 
A shopping mouse with an Eiffel Tower bottle of yummy cocoa sits under the tree also.
My newest Nativity is itty bitty but so cute!  
(I see the sheep fell over) 
Only filled one cubby this year with vintage Christmas but my Angels and Elfs are happy to be out and celebrating!
The Christmas birds joined by an Angel and a new Elf planter.  What a mish mash this year!
On the same shelf is a canvas the church choir director gave us with 'Then Sings My Soul' on it from the Christmas Music Program we presented.  NO I didn't sing, I narrated! 
(Believe me that's a good thing)
A little vignette to remember my brother this year.  I've kept the candle lit since Dec 23rd his flying away day.
This is the ornament I bought last year to add to my tree this year in remembrance of my brother Richard.
More little vignettes and I found my first hairpin flower frog at a thrift shop!
More things added to the new shelf!
Santa is holding my new Maileg Brother and Sister Mice...guess who they are?
Tiger & Scout of course!
Annie Belle got a new stocking for her first Christmas here.  It has toys in it already and her first 'nip'!
I found this cute little cat ornament at a thrift shop and it's perfect for Annie!
She is such a pretty girl.  I'm so glad she is here and living in her fur-ever home!
The Tabb Family 
Santa came by our Christmas lunch and visited the children!  We had such a great time with our church family.
Wishing you all a
 Very Merry Christmas!

I'll be going over in the morning to watch the Grands open presents.  Then return with my Mom later for a large family dinner.  Tonight is Christmas Eve candlelight service.  I am so blessed.
Thank you for being my readers and my friends.

Wishing you JOY

Linda

12 comments:

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Merry Christmas Linda. Hugs.
Joy

Ron said...

Merry Christmas, Linda!Thanks for being a great blog friend. xoxoxo

We are: Clamco said...

What a festive, beautiful home, family and kitty. Merry Christmas!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOUR SWEET FAMILY! I miss the days when my grandgirl was young.
xo,
deb

Mereknits said...

So sorry you have been under the weather Linda. Have a wonderful Christmas. Blessing, Meredith

Rebecca said...

Merry Christmas, Linda!
We've been passing around the "colds" here, too.
Mine took the form of a scratch throat and has lowered itself into my chest giving me a bass-like voice!
We finished a 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle this afternoon, drank a mug of hot eggnog with nutmeg sprinkled on it, and are getting read to attend our 5:00 Christmas Eve Service t church.
Will return home to light a candle and enjoy a crockpot dinner of sweet potatoes and sausage with my father. Tomorrow, sister and her family will join us. Tuesday, one of our daughters and her family.....
In between things, I'm reading - and thoroughly enjoying - Elizabeth Goudge's "A City of Bells"! How I love her writing!

Melanie said...

So sorry you have a cold at Christmas-time. I hope you are feeling better tomorrow so that you can truly enjoy yourself. Merry Christmas!

Chatty Crone said...

Merry Christmas - I hate you have a cold for it.

The kids at Santa are adorable! You are so blessed.

I like the shopping mouse with an Eiffel Tower bottle of yummy cocoa!!!

Love all you decorations.

Merry Christmas.
Sandie

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Both mum and I have had trouble getting into the Christmas spirit, today was a good day though, although dad wasn't well this morning he did manage to get up in time for lunch and open his presents. I was up at 5.30am blogging and Leo was up at 6.30am and it is great watching him open his presents he get so excited over every little thing

Lynn said...

Merry Christmas Linda, have fun with the kids:@)

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Looks like a beautiful Christmas Linda! Hope you are feeling better soon. Love your kitty. :)

Jeanie said...

Your Annie looks a lot like Lizzie! So glad she was a good girl this year with the tree, which, by the way, is beautiful! (I saw my Christmas Spode dishes in one of the photos!) I love your mice, too. Oh, I love every single detail -- except the part about having the nasty cold. NOTHING to love about that!

But you have a lovely family and it looks like a beautiful Christmas! Onward to 2017!