Friday, December 9, 2016

Thrifty Christmas Finds!

I love Christmas thrift shopping! 
Always hoping to find some vintage items as I dig in boxes of random ornaments.  This year I found a few fun things!
This advent calendar was $1 and I added candy and took it to Tiger & Scout
they love it!
Of course Christmas books are always great and these board books for Scout were a total of $1
This Hallmark Angel stocking holder was .50 and is just like the one Sara had as a young girl.  So now Sara & Scout have matching stocking holders. 
My two angel girls!
(cute story when Scout saw the angel and was pointing out eyes, toes, etc she pointed to the hands and said 'clap'...Love it!)

Now for some goodies for me!
I got all of this for around $2?
Some was priced low and some was in a bag of 'stuff' for .25 so all in all a good deal!
This is my 3rd JOY plate and I hope to find at least one more.  WalMart had these several years ago with different words on them but I love JOY and so finding another plate for $1.50...score! 
The little Santa & Angel for .25 each
I almost did buy this Santa bank but he was marked HOMECO and only $1 so of course he came home with me!
Also marked Homco were these two Christmas Angels...one has broken wings but is still cute.  $1 each
Last, this little wooden head ornament
He is just so cute and came in the junk bag so a real bargain! 

Do you like to Thrift Christmas decor?
Let me know your favorite find! 

Wishing you JOY,

Linda

20 comments:

Vonlipi said...

You know me Linda, I looooove thrifty Xmas decor!

Deb said...

Boy, did you score. Love the Advent calendar.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love all of the vintage things you can find at the thrift store for Christmas. I went yesterday with a bag to donate...and bought one little angel. That's pretty good, don't you think? heehee! Enjoy your weekend! Stay warm Sis!

Sarah said...

Cute finds! I've not been to the thrifts in a long time. I did add some plastic Santa figures from the 1950s that I found in a favorite antique shop last weekend. They are adorable! I have them gathered in a CC gravy boat. Little guys from my own childhood!! ;-)

Lynn said...

Congrats on finding another plate Linda! I'm always on the look-out for Christmas goodies at the thrifts. My favorite still has to be the hard plastic holly wreath I found for 25¢, it's hanging up now. Happy Weekend:@)

Rose L said...

The advent calendar is definitely good for more years!

Nancy Blue Moon said...

I love thrift stores Linda...My favorite find is Shiny Brites or any kind of vintage Christmas items!

Audrey said...

Great stuff Linda ... just in time for Christmas ... and so reasonable.
You are a good shopper. The advent calendar looks new. The grands will love it.
Blessings,
Audrey Z.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

What adorable finds

Jeanie said...

Wow! You totally aced it! Great prices and wonderful finds. Very nice!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

i bet your grands do love the advent calendar! Of course the JOY plate is great!
Almost Christmas!!!
warmly,
deb

Melanie said...

Sweet Christmas finds, Linda! I love vintage Christmas stuff!

Jann Olson said...

I love finding vintage Christmas at thrift shops as well. I just decorated spice tins for friends with a bunch of little treasures that I have picked up that last few years. One of them was like that little beaded head ornament you showed at the end. Love how the little one said, "clap"!
hugs,
Jann

Chatty Crone said...

I love Christmas - you got some good finds - I don't know how you find all those things. I really missed seeing you this year.

Susan said...

Oh Linda, I loved every one of your finds. Great job! Yes, I, too, definitely LOVE Christmas thrift shopping (and Valentine's Day and Easter and Thanksgiving and all holidays in between). ha ha ha Oh what fun we would have if you lived closer! Susan

Donna Volkenannt said...

Great photos of your Christmas finds, Linda.

While cleaning yesterday I found two sets of Christmas salt and pepper shakers tucked in back of a cabinet. I had forgotten all about them, but I will use them on the tables Christmas day.

20 North Ora said...

Great finds and great prices Linda!

Judy

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

The advent calendar and stocking holder were lucky finds, Linda!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Wow, Linda, you did it again. Love all your sweet goodies, but my favorite has to be the Hallmark stocking holder.

Art and Sand said...

I love the JOY plate. I know you will find another one.