Thursday, July 16, 2015

I is for Ivy

I must say I had a hard time coming up with a post for the letter I
Then I remembered a little something I found at the thrift shop last week
I've seen these pieces in vintage stores so when I saw it for .25 I had to pick it up!   A little research showed that is a piece made by Royal Copley and likely dating back to the 1950's
so about as old as I am! 

Royal Copley was the brand name the Spaulding China Company used for its affordable line of ceramics found in department store chains such as Woolworth's. The company only lasted for 15 years between 1942 and 1957, but their lovely ceramic pieces have become more and more collectible over the years.

This pattern came in several shapes and I've seen some with the ivy trailing down like mine and others where it goes up.
Still for .25 it's a sweet planter! 

Joining Jenny for Alphabe-Thur

Wishing you JOY,

Linda


21 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Ivy - a perfect post for I!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

I love finding deals like yours. :-)
The View from the Top of the Ladder

Sarah said...

Great idea, Linda!

Vicky Hunt said...

Pretty planter and great deal Linda! I would like to have some Ice cream for the letter I!!! LOL...have a lovely Friday!

Hugs, Vicky

Rebecca said...

Sweet indeed! (And probably worth more than $.25, too!)

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

That is a sweet piece Linda. I've had a few of those in different shapes. Royal Copley made many lovely pieces, and I think the Ivy was a very popular motif.

Simple and serene living Laura Walker said...

Definitely a very sweet find. xo Laura

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Love your sweet I" planter. What a bargain too.

Veronica said...

What a bargain! I have several pieces of this pottery. I would send you a picture of it, but could not post a picture on your blog.

Shelia said...

Hi Linda! Oh, this is just darling and you got it for 25 cents! You do find the best little things.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Deanies Stash said...

Linda, that Royal Copley Ivy planter is great. What a great deal at 25¢! I saw one identical to it at an estate sale recently and it was cracked and a small chip and they still wanted $5 for it! Loved your Ivy post!

Hugs,
Dianne

Barbara F. said...

That is a very unique planter, and what a great price! Think it might be worth much more.

Marigene said...

Cute little planter/vase. It would be hard finding things that begin with an "i"...you did well, Linda! The thrift stores I go to never have any for a quarter...there may be a few things for 99¢, but most start at over a dollar.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Consider It All Joy said...

Cute piece! Can't pass up for a quarter :) Enjoy it! Blessings, Cindy

svelteSTUFF said...

MEMORIES! My Mom had an 'Ivy' Vase that I can remember from my childhood. THANKS for the background info!!

My thrift store addiction said...

Love Royal Copley, Linda! Lovely vase & can't beat the price! Hugs, Cecilia

Art and Sand said...

What a lovely little piece!

Rue said...

It truly is lovely! :)

xo,
rue

bj said...

I love your little vase...
xoxo

Ruby Manchanda said...

Lovely little vase

Jenny said...

I remember my Grandmother having lots of similar ivy items!

I always thought they were neat.

Thanks for some lovely memories with your link to the letter I.

A+