Monday, May 25, 2015

Art Project Week 18 & 19

May brings a new theme

Touchy Feely (Texture)

Week 18
Art Challenge: Fabric
Journal Prompt: The Fabric of your Life

This is a good challenge for me.  When I think of fabric, I think of quilts.  My Mom is a quilter and had a bag of vintage flour sack fabric squares.
I mod podged these onto the page
I used my letter stamps to add
'Fabric of my Life'
it blurred some but I still like how it looks
I finished the page with a lace edge and a stencil.
I really like this page and the meaning it has for me!

Week 19
Art Prompt: Stitching
Journal Prompt: All that I'm after is a life full of laughter

I started with a pattern piece glued on the page.  I used one of my new Dylusion stencils and blue acrylic paint to get a pattern on the page
I don't sew but I found these 'stitched' butterflies and added the pink and blue to represent my Grands.  I used Mod Podge to add them to the page.  I added my version of the journal prompt.
A Life Full of Laughter, Love and Joy!
I added some hearts and added 'stitching' to them with a black fine point pen.

Thanks for joining me in this art adventure!

Linda

16 comments:

Vicky Hunt said...

They both look great Linda, but I am definitely loving the fabric patchwork! So pretty and I love all the different fabrics you used and the meaning it holds for you. I am starting a quilt soon for my daughter to take to Prague with her this summer. I hope it turns out the way I have envisioned! I'll be sharing on the blog after I give it to her. I don't want her to see it before. Have a wonder Memorial Day!

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

Your fabric book is wonderful!!!
You are so talented and appreciate you sharing!!

Lynn said...

Very nice Linda, I especially like the patchwork page:@) Happy Memorial Day-enjoy!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

I am enjoying all your journal posts. What lovely vintage fabric on your quilt page and butterflies for the grands is just right.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Very sweet Linda. You are doing great with these.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

So very nice I really like the look of these.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The flour sack prints are so pretty and you've made such beautiful pages with them. You've been so creative and artistic this year. I know it's fun and rewarding! Sweet hugs, Diane

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I'm enjoying your artful journal! It is so unique and personal.
warmly,
deb

Audrey said...

Love your fabric pages. You journal pages so interesting and meaningful.
Lovely.
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Chatty Crone said...

Linda I have enjoyed all of your work, but I especially like the patchwork - reminds me of a quilt. Love quilts.

Cheryl Lawson said...

Hi Linda,
Oh how I love these projects! Thank you for showing us how you did them. I have some old flour sack fabric in my stash and guess what I plan to do with it now??? You are so creative! Thanks for sharing,
Cheryl @ 22 Applegate Lane

My thrift store addiction said...

I have really enjoyed seeing your creative projects, Linda. Just lovely! Blessings, Cecilia

Consider It All Joy said...

I still love visiting when you have your art challenges posted! I bet it's nice to have the prompts to get you thinking outside the box! Enjoy, Cindy

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

I love the vintage fabrics too. So pretty and the butterflies representing your grands is adorable. Love your creativity!

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

I love the vintage fabrics too. So pretty and the butterflies representing your grands is adorable. Love your creativity!

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel said...

I have of deep admiration for handmade quilts so I really love your fabric quilt page. It's so pretty!