Friday, May 8, 2015

Art Project Week 16 & 17

This has been a hard month for the Art Project
For some reason I haven't been as 'inspired' with the prompts.  I've continued to work at it but the results are not as pleasing to me.  I do believe you have to fail to learn and continue.  So I'm continuing the documentation on my blog.

April Theme
Color Safari (Exploring ink and paints)

Week 16 
Art Prompt:  Gelli plate
Journal Prompt: A Lot On My Plate

So a 'Gelli plate' you say?  Its one of the new art items I've learned about and added to my tools.
I bought a small one from Amazon...they are a bit pricey but I can see how fun it will be to use this.
You add paint to it and either use a brayer to spread it or a brush.  Then you apply it to paper.
I used these colors on a separate piece of paper.
I used the Gelli plate to put blues on the pages in the art journal.  Then the pink and green on the paper was torn into pieces and mod podged to the page on the 'plate'
I added some orange as a pop of color and some scribbles.  On the plate is written in pale pink all the 'things' on my plate.
Hard to read, but that is OK.  It lists family and friends I pray for and have on my heart.

Week 17
Art Prompt: Inks
Journal Prompt: Before the ink is dry

I don't have a lot of ink but used the pink and blue with stamps on the blank white page
I then used water to make the inks run and added additional stamps.  Used some ink pens for added detail.
I picked up a free dictionary at a thrift shop and added the description of ink to this page
I used ink pens to write the prompt several times.  I have decided to add a couple of spray inks to my art supplies and hope to use them in the future.

Learning and trying new things is what this Art Project is all about to me. 


Linda

9 comments:

Ann said...

These look great. I know what you mean about having a hard time with the challenges this month. I've also been struggling with them. I'm a little behind on them right now.
If you want to add spray inks without the cost of buying them you can purchase little spray bottles (I found some at Walmart in the health and beauty section) Then just water down regular craft paint. Works great and way cheaper

20 North Ora said...

I am so proud of you for keeping up with your journal. I don't seem to be able to be consistent with anything in my life.

Happy Mother's Day!

Judy

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

Keeping an art journal sounds so interesting to me. I think I would like the challenge.. maybe next year.
Happy Mothers Day!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Good for you Linda for keeping up with your art projects. You've sure had a lot going on this month to keep you busy. Love all the colors!

Mereknits said...

It think this project of yours is so much fun to see. I love that you are trying new ways to create. Happy Mother's Day.
Meredith

Chatty Crone said...

Just wanted to stop by and wish you a Happy Mother's Day!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Oh so nice, I like

mrs. c said...

I know this has been a great way to learn about new art techniques and I am sure you have enjoyed it! I know you are so busy with the new baby, As to our trip....we are not going :( Ben got a second job, at the Annenberg beach house in Santa Monica and he cannot get any time off. His roommate moved back to Chattanooga this week so he needs to make more money. Oh well, maybe I can come and visit you for a day. We had a great time at the yard sale and made 600 dollars so it was well worth it. We have had such a great time pickin and have found some great things.

Art and Sand said...

I absolutely need to get out to the garage to be creative.

But, my son's wedding is in just 2 months and my fingers are kept busy with decorations.