Saturday, March 7, 2015

Art Project Week 9

The last challenge for February and 
Layers you Will Love
Art Prompt: Using at least 5 layers
Journal Prompt:  High 5

I am trying to add something personal to each of these art challenges...February is my daughter Sara's birth month so for layer one I added some birthday themed tissue paper. 
Layer two was adding some Gesso in a fun swirl pattern. 
Layer 3 was to spatter paint blue on the page.  Layer 4 was to add a red 'handprint' and layer 5 was decoupaging the #5 all over the page.
Adding some words to the page in a red ink pen
5 Layers and High 5

I can't wait to see what March's Challenge will be! 

Linda 

15 comments:

20 North Ora said...

What a pleasant reminder of a special birthday! Great job!

Ju

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Another creative challenge Linda. I always love seeing what you come up with.

Vicky Hunt said...

I'm so glad you are enjoying this! I'm afraid I have fallen too far behind to catch up but I'm ok with that. I will continue to paint in my journal on occasion, so it's not a loss! Your page is cute and creative. I hope you enjoy the March challenges as much as you did the February ones. Have a lovely weekend Linda.

Hugs, Vicky

Mereknits said...

Very fun.
Hugs,
Meredith

Audrey said...

That turned out really cute Linda. Not only that, but it has a special meaning too. Good job.
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Jo-Anne Meadows said...

Very nice indeed my friend

Sue said...

you look like your having a lot of fun with your art projects....happy to see you keeping busy and being so creative....See you next week...be prepared to have fun on overload!!

Art and Sand said...

The reason I want to have surgery on my hand is so I can once again do crafts. I miss doing projects like your High 5.

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

That would be the greatest class project!! Like the High Five!!
For March - Lucky 13???

Claudia said...

You're having fun, aren't you? I love this, my friend.

xo
Claudia

My thrift store addiction said...

Wow this is awesome! Love all the colors! Hugs, Cecilia

Feral Turtle said...

I have been enjoying seeing all of the creativeness coming out on these challenges! Cheers.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Good for you for staying with this Linda. I like your results.

Shelia said...

Hi Linda! Oh, this is just darling! What fun you're having too.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

ImSoVintage Laura Walker said...

I lost you off of my blogroll wen I switched to a new domain name and I am unable to add you back in for some reason. :)