Friday, October 25, 2013

Thrifty Things Friday #132

I am so late to the party! 
Thank goodness the link up is at Diann's blog

If you follow A La Carte, then you know I am in the middle of a huge downsizing purge in my home.  This has meant many trips to the thrift store to drop off items.  But yes, I do sometimes then make a quick run through just in case I find something I have to have!  
These are my latest finds!
I love these jars!  The color is amazing.  I found them at two different thrift stores in the same week. Each of them cost .99, I wish both had tops but they are a great addition to my fall decor!
I have found these jars in blue and green and have bought them when the price is right!

My other purchase just made me do a happy dance!
I really love using insulated cups and these are Tervis Tumblers and the cost was .59 each!
These retail for at least $15 new!

I've been spending lots of great time with Tiger and I'll be blogging about that soon...but here are a couple of photos of my growing Grandson!
Look how big he is getting!

Watch out...it's a Tiger in the wild!

Thanks for joining me and I hope you will be sure to check out all the link ups for TTF  at 
The Thrifty Groove!

I also started a Facebook page 
Linda at A La Carte and I would love for you to 'like' me and join in the fun.  I will feature posts from the party and other fun events here!

Wishing you JOY,

Linda

19 comments:

Curtains in My Tree said...

your little guy is growing up fast like they all do before long he will be in kindergarten

I am still purging also

Kathe said...

Oh yes! I love the amber pieces Linda! Perfect for Fall :-) And look at that big Tiger! Oh my goodness! Have they started checking out colleges for him yet LOL? Time just goes too fast doesn't it? :-(

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

Tiger IS growing up!!
Love your new amber jars, such a lucky find - the same color in the same week!

ImSoVintage Laura Walker said...

Tiger has really grown, but still just as adorable as ever. Those insulated mugs were a great buy. xo Laura

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Loved seeing that precious Tiger, and you really got some deals. You are right. the is tumblers are pricey, and that is a super price.

xo

Sheila

Savannah Granny said...

Tiger is growing so fast and he is so handsome. I know you are enjoying being near him.
Love those amber bottles. They look gorgeous with the sun coming through. I'm betting on you finding that top someday.
Hugs, Ginger

Going over to like on FB.

Mary Clark said...

Tiger is growing up fast! He's such a cutie pie.

Hugs ~ Mary

Linda Bouffard said...

How beautiful is your grandson!! Following.. Linda

Sharing at your party also.

Come share if you like:

http://www.craftsalamode.com/2013/10/what-to-do-weekends-43.html

Chatty Crone said...

Hear him roar!

Hey I thought you were downsizing - you are buying! lol

Love, sandie

Sue said...

great jars....love the color. And such a bargain on the Tervis tumblers...we love those things. Ofcourse Tiger is as adorable as ever....glad your enjoying him so...

Diann said...

The party never really starts until you arrive Linda! I know how busy you have been purging. It helps me to stay motivated to do the same! I have a load already packed in my truck to take to the thrift store from this Weeks decluttering.I have a couple of those brown jars and use them for hot chocolate and mini marshmallows. Tiger is growing by leaps and bounds! Such a handsome guy!

Angela ~ Call Her Blessed said...

Super cute lil' guy =)

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Pretty amber jars, Linda! How happy you must be to be closer to your grandson!

tablescapesbybev said...

Wonderful finds...love those jars.

Susan said...

Oh, I like amber so much, Linda, as you know. And of course, you KNOW also that I think Tiger is the pizzazz. Susan

Audrey said...

Hi Linda ... thanks for hosting. Sure a lot of talent in those posts. Hope to get around to visiting a few more of them.

Love your amber jars ... so pretty for Fall.
Blessings ...
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Vicky Hunt said...

Those jars are fabulous Linda and what a steal on the Tervis tumblers. They are costly, but I love that they are made in America and are guaranteed! Can't beat that...:) Have a blessed week my friend!

Vicky
Life On Willie Mae Lane

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Oh my if you lived nearby your little Tiger and my little Brent ( seen more over at my Homespun blog ) would have a blast playing together! :) I always enjoy seeing him in your posts...such a little sweetie!

Annesphamily said...

Oh how quickly they grow! Come visit soon. I have a surprise giveaway in honor of my 4th year of blogging in November! I nearly missed it with all that is going on! Then tomorrow is my big 6 0 birthday! I feel much younger! LOL! My kids gave me a surprise party and my three tier cake was all decorated with tea things. The top layer was a huge tea cup. I was tickled. Plus I received over 60 cards and letters filled with so many lovely memories!