Welcome to Junkin Finds Friday!
Last week I found nothing at the thrifts but I am glad to report I had a little bit better luck this week!
I found this large Texas Ware bowl
Texas-Ware, also marketed as Dallas-Ware, is a brand of melamine plastic dishware that was made in Texas by the Plastic Manufacturing Co. of Dallas. Founded in 1946, the company was the largest manufacturer of melamine plastic dishware for institutional and consumer use from 1957 until 1996. In 1996, the company was purchased by Worthington Custom Plastics, leaving Texas-Ware to the past.
These bowls were made famous recently by Rachael Ray!




56 comments:
Linda you scored some good stuff!! Yay! On the melamine bowl being an oldie! And I have a real thing for ballet shoes, so that was a darling find! My Value Village never (Ok well very rarely) has anything that cute priced so low. 40 cents? You stole that one. So which one was your favorite? Vanna
Linda, I love all your finds and the prices!
It is so much fun posting about the bargains
we find! Thank you for hosting Junkin Friday!
Also, thank you for always stopping by Flora Doora!
Jane
Flora Doora
Hi Linda, you sure did do good this week! Here lately it seems to be hit and miss in our area but I did good this past weekend as well. Thanks for hosting.
Enjoy your evening,
Gail
You did good this week Linda, and any week that you find some Pyrex is a great one, right?! That watercolor is so sweet!
Linda your finds are wonderful~
That Texas ware bowl...is way cool!
Blessings,
Linda
I did not get a darn thing this week...
but I enjoyed seeing your finds and the history of the texas ware!
You did good this week. I love that big Texas Ware bowl. I found one at a garage sale a few years ago and should have kept it. Great treasures Linda.
What a nice generous size, useful bowl, AND it's also gorgeous...Such a great color! I LOVE learning all about these wonderful treasures that are out there for the finding! It makes our HUNT so much fun...Thank you for sharing all your fantastic finds!
Hugs,
Donna
Hi Linda, I loooooooove your new Pyrex score! I never see any patterns in black and white around here- lucky duck!
I'm not sure why my thumbnail isn't showing up. I selected it, it seemed to work but it says it didn't. Hrmm. Oh well!
Linda you have a terrific knack for finding Pyrex. Thanks for hosting, I am trying to get back into a routine. hugs♥O
What great finds, Linda!! The big bowl is my favorite! :)
Hi Linda,
I love all your great finds and I'm glad this week brought you more luck.
I love the Texas bowl, it's fabulous.
hugs
Sissie
Hi Linda,
You did great this week - know you like your pyrex, sandie
I had hoped to get a post ready, but have been slacking lately - hopefully next week. Thanks for hosting again.
Great finds as usual, Linda! I love that creamer...so pretty! Happy weekend!...hugs...Debbie
Linda,
You found some great treasures! I love the creamer and the art piece is so wonderful.
Thanks for hosting the party. I'm joining in!
Blessings,
Kathy
Great finds, Linda. My favorite is the pitcher, such a pretty color!...Christine
Awesome finds! My favorite is the green creamer.
I had not heard of Texas Ware before this. Something new to be on the look out for.
I'm linking up to your party. Just found your blog and lovin it
Bonne journée
Caroline
It looks like green was you lucky color...kinda like St. Patrick's Day! I'm Irish what about you? Hope that you have a wonderful weekend!
I am sure, being from Texas, and Dallas, at that, that I've seen this Texas Ware..just don't remember it.
If I lived close to you, I'd arm wrestle you for those adorable dancing toes.
Thank ya, ma'am, for hosting.
I have one of those texasware bowls similar to yours and mine is light green with speckles on it...I'll have to check out my logo on the bottom, so I can see if it's the old one's. I've got my fingers crossed that it is :) Thanks so much for the information about it Linda...great finds too! Thanks for hosting this fun event!
Big hugs,
Queenie
Hey Linda! Awesome finds! nice to have a little luck for a change huh? I really like the water color painting. It is just so sweet!
I'm makin' stuff with my junk this weekend! Love your finds. Thanks for hosting!
Linda, that watercolor is so sweet. What a deal! Your Texas Ware was another deal. Of course, I've come to expect you to get some of the best deals around. I'm with you - I love the shape and the soft color of that creamer that you stole! Thank you for hosting. laurie
Hi Linda!
My oh my...what fabulous finds! I just love that little creamer. It's such a beautiful color and you're right - the shape is really unique. Thanks again for hosting this great event. It's so fun to see what everyone finds and it's been great finding other bloggers with similar interests.
Blessings and Hugs,
Sabre'
I wanna go to Value Village. I love that sweet little pitcher/creamer. I'm joining in on your linky party today for the first time. Thanks for hosting!
Donna
Fun finds. I don't know Texas Ware. I learned something new. ~ sarah
Oh, I can see that Texas Ware bowl full of buttered popcorn........... ;-)
Cool stuff!
Great finds, Linda! I really love the Texas Ware bowl!
soooo sorry for my forgetfulness. :( Those melamine plastic bowls remind me of my childhood. Ate cereal out of them everyday. great find!
I'm trying to get all the plastics out of my kitchen and love that bowl. Looks like you had a much better day there.
Honey, you found bargains here! Love that Texas ware bowl- I remember those from when I was in high school- my BFF's mom had a set. And of course, that little creamer is adorable. I'm so glad the weather is beginning to change and the sales will start soon. Winter months are awful for thrifting here in the midwest! Thanks for hosting the party! ~ Sue
Hi Linda, Well I messed that up..I didn't get a picture on the Linky. I will do better next week.
Thanks for the info about those bowls! I have found a few at the thrift and liked them.
Enjoy your day and thanks for another Junkin Find Friday..fun again!
You did GREAT this week! You KNOW I'm loving the Pyrex dish. I also love that green creamer...Is it marked???
Love the Green !
My daughter likes your water painting!
You had a good shopping week!
Those are some really great finds! I went thrifting the other day and didn't find anything!
The Texas ware makes me happy to see - we got a whole set when we got married. My kids were raised on it and we are down to 1 piece (the microwave got some, the sandbox ate a few, some got loaned out and never returned). My kids insist on keeping that one piece in a safe place, it's dearer to them than my mother's silver!
You got some nice items at great prices. Love that Texas bowl. I looks huge!!!! Would be great for a salad at a party or if it is as big as it looks, it would be great as a punch bowl. Thanks for hosting Junkin Finds Friday. ~~Sherry~~
Linda; you always find the finds! Loving that big bowl--I rarely see those around here. Thank you again for hosting such fun Fridays--you know we all look foward to it! Have a great weekend. Hugs and Happy Hunting, Patty
Hi Linda...you done good this week. As always you find the neatest stuff. Hey I have a feature going, and I give you a little shout too. Have a great weekend. XO
Nice finds!
I'm looking around at the links that have been added to the party.. and they have no junking finds.. one is just a trip about going to see Martha Stewart!
I'm here for the junk! I thought that's what junkin finds friday was all about! Don't know what Martha has to do with it...???
Pretty Pyrex! Love the Texas Ware too. Thanks for hosting the fun.
Love your great thrifting finds - good job!
Fabulous finds! My mom had a whole slew of Texas ware, way-back-when, but I have no idea what ever happened to it...sadness! Glad I could link up with you & your junkin' buddies! -diane
OMG. I cannot believe you just posted about Texas Ware. Me too! I am link number 61. I pinked up a fabulous set from a friend who was having a sale for her mom. Once I had them I wanted to find out more about them. My post is all about them. Aren't they fun!
I had never heard of Texas Ware, Linda, but now I'll keep my eye out. I love the shade of green. The ballet shoes picture is so sweet. I love it. Thanks so much for hosting this party. I look forward to it each week.
~Lynn
www.cottageandcreek.com
Great finds! At GREAT prices!! Hoping to join in next week. So frustrating not having the spare cash to go hunting!
All things happen for a reason...repeat 100 times!
LOL
*hugs*deb
Especially like the bowl-be great for popcorn!
The watercolor is precious!! I love this link up, I'll have to get a post ready for next week!!
Love your blog, I'm a new follower
http://inthehammockvintage.blogspot.com
Great finds - my grandma would be so jealous of your TexasWare bowl. She has two but has been looking for some more.
I have a Texas Ware bowl that is just so funky! I am so in love with it now. Thanks for giving me a little history about the company.
Hi Linda!
Am I missing it -- or is there not a Junkin Finds button available?
LOVE the Texas Ware bowl. I think there must have been a lot of melamine-type manufacturers out there once upon a time -- here in Jersey we have Boontonware. Also collectible!
Enjoy Friday!
Cass
Jealous
of you $3.00 TEXAS ware bowl. I bought one for a friend paid $28.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Janice
Post a Comment