Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Simplify #4 and More!!

After a really great start, the simplifying my home has taken a break.  Losing Charlie has been really hard and I haven't felt like doing anything! A few sunny days have helped. 

I mentioned that a blogging friend with a booth was interested in some of my things.  I kept sending her photos and adding to her pile of stuff. I ended up with 4 boxes full!  
This is the 'simplify' part of the post! 
Donna of Distressed Donna Down Home lives in Aikens, SC a couple of hours from me.  We arranged to meet last week in Madison, GA where she frequently goes to shop.
We met at the Goodwill and took a quick look around.  We both bought a few little things.
Then we headed to a fun Vintage Mall!
A little photo with the zombie and we continued to
shop, shop, shop! 
We then headed downtown to another couple of Vintage malls but first we had lunch at 
Madison Produce Company.  
They made wonderful sandwiches! 
Donna and I both had the smoked turkey with cheese and avocado!  I finished every bite!
Then more shopping!
We talked and talked. Shopped and shopped!
It is always so much fun to meet a blogging friend in person.  We plan some more shopping trips in the future and I plan to visit Aiken, SC and Donna's booth! 
So I had some money in my pocket from Donna and decided I did need aka WANT a 'few' things!
This little plaque is all I found at Goodwill.  It will go on my gallery wall that is getting closer all the time.  It was Sr Discount Day so it was $1.21!
I added to my collections.
These salt & pepper orphans are so pretty and at very low price, they both came home with me.
A great egg cup

 and this cute Flamingo planter
(excuse the bad photo)

This little Limoges ladybug egg stole my heart!
This framed print was only $4 and will go in my bedroom.


At our last stop I found a 75% off booth and scored some really cute things!
This little celluloid box is just charming!
Labeled 'French Ivory' it had to come home with me to hold some jewelry treasures.
This adorable turquoise planter was also 75% off and I could not leave it!

My last and most expensive purchase was a McCoy pink bud vase.
So sweet!

Thank you Donna for helping me downsize some of my treasures.  It is so good to know that they aren't going to the thrift shop where someone might not appreciate them, but will find new homes with other junkers like myself! 
Of course as bloggers we exchange little gifts.
Donna gave me some adorable tags she made, some vintage postcards and my first frozen charlotte!   I love it all!! 
I gave her some old 1920's photos of my Grandmother who was a beauty queen in Ottumwa, Iowa.  I had a few duplicate photos and I knew she would love them.
Donna shared a few items she found on a recent blog
But there is so much more for her to share!
I'll let you know when she posts again!

Meeting Linda in Madison
Friday Finds


So I did add to my collections, but I did downsize much more then I bought.  I need to get back to downsizing.  A lot of the things left are heading to the thrift shop.  Wish me luck as I hope to get lots more donated by next Monday.

Wishing you JOY,

Linda

30 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I am so glad you met her!!! It is always nice to meet a fellow blogger. I like your finds - what is the aqua colored orphan? Okay my favorite was the pink candle love how you put the pink ribbon next to it and the little aqua to the left. Perfect photo.

Susan said...

Oh Linda, what a fun time! Loved hearing about it. Glad to got rid of some treasures and found some others. That' what the joy of life is all about. Susan

Cheri said...

You always find some wonderful bargains and so nice you had fun with Donna. Now...to the important stuff...that Zombie was getting a little "fresh" with you...ha ha ha. Just say'n.

Melissa Stanley said...

Looks like you and Donna had a grand time!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What fun! Donna is such a sweetheart and a smart shopper too! Looks like you both found some treasures. I had thought about thrift shopping today...maybe I'll set out to go tomorrow. You always find such interesting things. It's fun to get rid of things you don't care about any more and fill your home with treasures. Enjoy your day Sis, Diane

Marigene said...

How fun for you to meet another blogger, Linda. Great that you found another flamingo!

Cozy Little House said...

The sign is so you. Be careful that you don't bring is as much as you're taking out or you won't get anywhere! Of course you have more room than I do. I just CAN'T bring much stuff in. I'm very selective now.
Brenda

Rita C. said...

I follow you both, and love, love, love the fact that the two of you were able to get together to go junkin'. Friends don't let friends junk alone! What good prescription for a winter day - or any day, for that matter!
Rita C at Panoply

Jane, Naples, Florida said...

So great you live so close to Donna. She purchased and featured a Flora Doora on her blog awhile ago...so nice! I would love to meet you both someday! Those orphan salt shakers are so cute. I love all the finds. I am just a goodwill addict! A fun post. Thank you!
Jane Flora Doora

Rose L said...

Sounds like such a fun day shared with someone of like interests!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Oh what fun you and Donna had! Someday I hope to meet a fellow blogger! Love your new treasures, eespecially the sweet McCoy vase. Sounds like you two did loys of treasure shopping, a perfect day! Sweet photos. Thanks for sharing the day with us. :)

Pondside said...

The Paris sign was just waiting for you!
Good luck with the downsizing - more room for more shopping!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Fun day with your blogging friend and that is a great way to downsize and make a few $$$...
warmly,
deb

Consider It All Joy said...

It is Always so much fun to meet a blogging friend. So happy for you both, I'm sure you enjoyed your day! And, Anything Ladybug Steals my heart!! Love the piece you found! Blessings, Cindy xo

Donna said...

I'm so glad you were able to meet up with Donna for some thrifting fun and lunch! I am sure that gave your heart a much needed lift! Love the Eiffel Tower print, and the egg cup is a favorite, too! You have inspired me to do even more purging:)

Art and Sand said...

What a fun day you and Donna had!

Susan said...

It's always fun to shop with a friend!

Claudia said...

Love that turquoise Harlequin egg cup, Linda!

xo
Claudia

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Meeting up with other bloggers is one of the best parts of blogging...it's always a great day!

Donna Wilkes said...

I am still sorting through all the treasures you packed into my boxes. I am having a hard time with my promise to only keep a few things. I had so much fun shopping and talking with you. It was very special!

Vonlipi said...

I'm gald you had a fun time with your thrifty friend! It take your mind off of things...you know?

I have a roadtrip in mind for the weekend...

Love all your finds!

Take care

Valerie xxx

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Linda,
Just like I told Donna, I am downright jealous that two of my favorite bloggers got to meet up without me!!! No, seriously, I'm so glad that you got to spend time together, exchange some gifts, sell and buy some stuff and have lunch. I know it was a fun day.

hugs
Sissie

Little Vintage Cottage said...

How fun that you two got to meet! Wish I were close because it would have been a threesome! lol!

Tania

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Fun, fun, fun! I wish I could have joined the two of you for some serious junkin', good food, and laughs. The two of you find the best stuff!

bj said...

I'm sorry, my dear friend, Linda, but I found myself chuckling over your post of purging and buying more. So like me...I take a load of stuff to Goodwill to donate, go inside "just to see what they have" and end up taking more stuff home....*heavy sigh

Melanie said...

I'm still purging, too! (And once in awhile, bring home a few other treasures, lol.) I actually started on some of my tons of books yesterday. I already have 4 bags filled with books to take to Half-Price books to sell.

Isn't it fun to meet other bloggers in person? You two look like you had so much fun with talking, shopping and eating out. I wish I lived near you - I would love to meet you in person and go to Goodwill with you! :-)

Jacob William said...

I want to thank the blogger very much not only for this post but also for his all previous efforts. ...
_______
Fashions

Shelia said...

Hi Linda! Oh, how nice to meet up with your blogging friend. Sounds like you two had a wonderful day! Now I know what you're doing. You're clearing out stuff so you can bring more stuff in! :) My kind of gal.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Laurie Ritchey said...

Looks like the two of you had a great time! I wish I would get into purging. I have a very small pile to donate. You found some real treasures on your trip. I think that zombie is being a little fresh with you!

Diann said...

What a fun day you two had! I'm glad you were able to sell somethings and finds some new treasures as well. I love your new Paris picture. So perfect for you!