Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Five Wild & Crazy Gals!

A road trip with my gal pals was planned for March (before I went on baby watch).  We decided to go to The Biltmore Estate and enjoy the Downton Abbey costume exhibit.  We left on St. Patrick's Day and traveled in style!
(warning long post)
Can't read the sign...here is Rose holding it.
Can you tell we were ready for fun, fun, fun!!
First stop was Greenville, SC for lunch at Mary's Fall Cottage
It was a beautiful day so we ate out on the patio.
Rose and Cheri enjoying the day.
The grounds were lovely.
 This is Falls Park on the Reedy near downtown Greenville.  Such a pretty park. 
We took a walk over 'Liberty Bridge' and of course we took photos!
The view of the falls was so pretty from the bridge!
Apparently I was having fun!
Wearing my green boa in a more sedate pose!
The Gang 
Rose~Cheri-Me~Joyce
(minus our fearless leader Sue who took this photo)
Here is Sue with Joyce aka the "Two Lucy's" and believe me it takes something to keep up with these two!
We shopped a bit and then headed to our next stop
Christmas Tree Shops
 Most of us had never been to a CTS but had heard all about the store from Bloggers!  Great prices, so much stuff and it was all true!
Joyce, Sue (with her Lisa Rinna lips on) and myself having a fun St Patrick's Day in CTS!
(we did not get kicked out but it was close)
WE all bought a few little goodies and then headed for Asheville and our hotel.
We managed to dump the ice chest on the way in but they let us stay anyway!  I'm not saying Who dumped the ice but I think you can tell!
We rested a bit and headed to the Biltmore Estate and the restaurant we choose for our dinner....Cedric's Tavern
Joyce and Rose enjoying the rolls while waiting for our meal.  We had a great waitress and she answered all our questions about the menu. 
 Most of us were not super hungry so we split our entree's.  Sue and I split the Fish and Chips
Joyce ordered the Shepard's Pie, it looks so good!

Well it wasn't!  It tasted like baby food and was missing all the veggies that were suppose to be in it.  None of us were pleased with the quality of the food for the price we paid believe me!
(we did complain and they gave us a discount)
(
We celebrated Cheri's birthday!
The best thing about Cedric's is the bronze statue of Cedric (Mr Vanderbilts' beloved dog) 
It had turned a bit chilly and my 'buns' were a bit cold.  Lest you think I'm the only crazy one in this group
Sue also posed with the dog!!
We stopped for gas on the way back to the hotel and again posed for a special photo!
A group photo with some of Asheville's finest! 
They were really nice guys and enjoyed meeting the crazy 'Housewives of Atlanta'
The next morning we headed back to the Estate and the Biltmore which is a beautiful place
Before heading in.  We are all anxious to see this amazing house and the wonderful exhibit Dressing Downton .  The costumes were stunning and how I wish I could show you some photographs of them and the amazing house, but no photos allowed inside.  This does break a bloggers heart I must say.  The link above will take you to the information and there are photos of some of the costumes and the rooms.  I won't put them on here for fear of copyright infringement.  These costumes will be on tour this year and may be in your area, well worth seeing if you are a Downton fan!
It was a lot of fun and I'm so glad we went.  Lots of stairs but we took our time and all of us 'Ladies of a certain age' made it through the whole tour.
We drove around the grounds and I can imagine how lovely it is when everything is in bloom.
We did stop and visit the Greenhouse
It was beautiful in there and I had to pose for a photo of course!
The Orchids were stunning!
Time to head home and we decided to stop again in Greenville and eat lunch and shop a bit more.
Sue took us to one of her favorite restaurants in Greenville, "Grill Marks" and I must say it was one of the best burgers I ever had.  We ate and then shopped some more.  We had to stop at Mast General Store to bring home some mice from the famous "Mice On Main" project.
This is one I found and took a photo of it! 
Read about the fun HERE

We headed home and I must say this was one of the best trips I ever took.  We talked, laughed and had so much fun for 48 hours!  I almost lost my voice I talked and laughed so much.  It was the best therapy ever!  Thank you my friends for being such great gal pals.  Of course when bloggers go anywhere we take our cameras.  The photos on my blog are from everyone and I thank them for sharing with me.  One thing to remember is...
Truer words were never said! 

Wishing You Joy,

Linda

Joining Share Your Cup


29 comments:

Donna said...

What a fun trip, Linda! Looks like you ladies were having a blast! Isn't Biltmore amazing? How did you manage to get your photo taken with those cute young firemen?:)

Jane and Chris said...

What a fantastic time!
I'd have loved to be there!
Jane x

Vicky Hunt said...

Oh my gosh Linda! What a fun trip! Girl's trips are the best aren't they? It looks like you ladies had a blast. I'm off to check out the story on the mice. I assume no baby yet? I sure hope she doesn't go as long as I did with my kiddos...a week late with the first and 2 1/2 weeks with the second. Surely not...:)

Hugs, Vicky

Sue said...

Wonderful post....it was one of the best trips I have ever been on...You girls are the best..how five ladies can agree on everything and laugh for 2 days straight...we really need our own reality show...
I have to report that the only bad thing about the trip was I can never eat chicken ever again....made Chicken Parm for dinner tonight and I couldn't even look at it...all I had was potatoes.....LOL

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh my goodness! You had such FUN! I know you enjoyed every minute of the trip...it's so nice when you're with friends. We've eaten at Cedric's and it was good but we didn't have this dish. How sad! The house looks beautiful and I would have loved to see the Downton costumes. What a treat! Enjoy your evening. Are you still waiting for the phone to ring? Sweet hugs Sis!!

Nellie said...

What fun you had! Biltmore is great! xo Nellie

Consider It All Joy said...

Linda, that sounds like a great girl trip! Too bad about the food but I'm sure the company and shopping made up for 1 bad meal! I'm happy to read you had FUN!! Blessings, Cindy

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Trips with girlfriends are the best! You sure had fun, loved all you shared. Thanks for taking us along. :)

Susan said...

Oh Linda, what a BLAST that trip was. You all had such a delightful time. Nothing can beat laughing and enjoying the gift of friendship. Thanks so much for taking us along. I got a kick out of the spilled ice bucket. Susan

Marigene said...

That must have been some trip...5 wild ladies...or should I say females! It would have been fun to be a fly on the wall...
How is Sarah doing...no signs of that little girl making an appearance any time soon?

Lynn said...

Looks like you all had a blast Linda! Very fun:@)

Cheri said...

Linda, you really did a wonderful job documenting our trip and great pics as well. It was fun! Definitely the company of gals made it so.

I think the two Lucy's are going to have to add another (you) crazy gal and so we have to think of another nickname for three of you. You are starting to get as crazy as those two.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What an amazing trip! Good friends, good food, beautiful scenery, and lots of laughs. Are you ready to do it again?

Susan Freeman said...

What a fun group you are! I felt like I was part of the fun. The Biltmore is so stunning. I was there once as a young girl and really must go back because I am sure I will appreciate it much more now. Love the Lisa Rinna lips too :-)

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Mereknits said...

I am so thrilled for you having this wonderful adventure with your friends. I have been to the Biltmore and it is amazing, and I am so wanting to see the that exhibit.

Hugs to you,
Meredith

Chatty Crone said...

I know personally that you had a great time - I know the girls - how could you not!

Rose L said...

Sounds like fun! I lover the little mouse!!

Audrey said...

Sure looks like you ladies had a great time. Thanks for taking us along ... the scenery is beautiful.
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

This looks like so much fun! I have always wanted to visit the Biltmore...it's on my bucket list...thanks for sharing, Linda

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

What great photos, looks like a bloody marvelous time was had

Shelia said...

Hi Linda! Oh, I'm just smiling reading this post! What fun you gals must have had. I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall and hearing and seeing all of the antics! But, y'all would have probably swatted me! :) Wonderful snaps and you look so cute.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Jann Olson said...

Linda, you girls sure do know how to have fun! Love the green boas. The food sure does look yummy. Glad you had such a fabulous time! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel said...

Looks like you had an amazing time. What a fun trip! I've never been to Biltmore, but it's on my list.

Nancy's Notes said...

Linda, what a trip!! Trips with trips are just the best and good for the soul! I loved going to the Biltmore, it's gorgeous at Christmas time! I think you all should start planning another trip!

Hugs,
Nancy

My thrift store addiction said...

What a fun trip! So glad you were able to go :)

Deanies Stash said...

It looks like a fun trip!!

Rue said...

How fun! I had such a great time reading this post and laughing with you during your antics. I would have taken all those crazy pictures too LOL

I regret not visiting the Biltmore when I lived on that side of the country. It really is beautiful.

xo

lionel abi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Robi Awaludin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.