Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Art Project Week 12 & 13

March's Art Project theme was
Making Your Mark (doodles & mark making)
Week 12
Art Challenge: As a Focal Point
Journal Prompt: Coming Into Focus

One of the things I love about this art project is learning new techniques...I've seen many use a Gelli Plate to make interesting backgrounds on their pages.  I got a small Gelli Plate and added some acyrlics in spring colors, rolled it with a brayer to mix the colors.
Then I applied it to the page
I like the colors and textures it adds to a page
I added my 'marks' using a pencil eraser to make dots all over the page.  I added three circles and wrote the prompt: Focus in them
It seemed too Pink for me so I added some blue acrylics using the Gelli plate again.  I think it got a little muddy, but I finally just called it done.

Week 13
Art Challenge:  Make a Custom Element
Journal Challenge: Ride the energy of your own unique spirit

I covered the page with torn pieces from a Paris guidebook.
I created a custom element using a makeup sponge.  I cut it into a triangle shape and used it as a border on the page
I stamped the quote on newspaper edges and cut them out...I had already stamped the page with a dragonfly stamp which is a spirit element in my life
I used my original element to create a flower on the page
 A few doodles with black ink and this page is complete.  It is one of my favorites. 

Thanks for joining me on this art journey!

Today is Tiger's Birthday and I'm going to party with him later today!  I'll share some pics tomorrow!  I can't believe my Grandson is now 4!
No new baby yet, but any day now!

Wishing you JOY,

Linda

14 comments:

Cozy Little House said...

I'd say you're getting better every week! I wish I had the confidence to just sit down and go for it. Happy Birthday to Tiger!
Brenda

Audrey said...

Wishing Tiger a very happy birthday ...hope your time with him is lots of fun. I also think the last work of art is your best too. Love the wording and the dragonflies.
Hugs,
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Marigene said...

Interesting art work, Linda...
Happy Birthday, Tiger!

Vicky Hunt said...

They both turned out great, but I definitely love the book page one the most! Have fun partying with Tiger!

Hugs, Vicky

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Very nice indeed

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel said...

I really love the book page Linda! Enjoy the party!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Love the colors and the words you used. I hope Tiger enjoyed his special 4th birthday party.

ImSoVintage Laura Walker said...

I hope Tiger had a wonderful birthday. I love how much fun you are having being so creative. xo Laura

Susan said...

Oh Linda, hope Tiger's birthday was a blast. He does seem to be growing up very fast! Wowsers. He is a darling boy. Susan

My thrift store addiction said...

Linda, I am really enjoying your art--thanks for sharing your journey! My Grand was 4 in Feb, such a fun age! Happy Birthday to Tiger :) Hugs, Cecilia

Rue said...

Well done!

Happy Birthday to Tiger :)

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Happy Birthday to Tiger! I can't believe he's 4 already!!! Love your book page doodles!

Mereknits said...

Very fun Linda!
Hugs,
Meredith

obi duatilu said...

a very interesting information, with this insight we are getting, thanks a lot for various information

cara mengobati polip kolon,resep mendapatkan tubuh langsing yang ideal,cara mengobati sindrom ovarium polikistik,cara mengobati radang selaput otak,cara mengatasi mata merah dan berair,bahaya radang kandung empedu,bahaya mengonsumsi obat kuat kimia,cara mengatasi vertigo yang sering kambuh,cara menyembuhkan payudara bengkak,cara alami mengobati kanker payudara,obat penghilang kerutan di wajah tradisional,obat penghilang bopeng di wajah tradisional,obat pereda radang amandel tradisional,pengobatan tradisional mata silinder,pengobatan tradisional kanker lambung,cara menetralkan asam lambung dengan cepat,suplemen penambah berat badan terbukti ampuh,pengobatan tradisional kanker tulang,pengobatan tradisional mata ikan tnpa operasi,cara menyembuhkan kanker kolorektal,bahaya kista ovarium pecah,cara mengobati nyeri punggung selama kehamilan,cara cepat menghilangkan alergi kulit,cara alami menyembuhkan mata katarak,cara menyembuhkan batuk berdarah,cara mengatasi lambung panas dan perih,cara mengobati pengapuran sendi lutut,cara alami menurunkan sgpt dan sgot,