Wednesday, February 23, 2011

WHATS UP WEDNESDAY 2-23-11

It has been a beautiful week here!  The weather has been glorious, sunshine and temps in the 60's...what more could you ask for?  How about meeting a new friend. Not just any friend, a blogging friend!  Sherry from Back 2 Vintage and her sweet husband were on their way to North Carolina and made a stop just so we could meet!  Her husband took this quick photo of us!
Sherry is the sweetest lady and I was excited to meet her face to face! 
of course as bloggers do we had little gifts for each other
Sherry had some lids for some of my Pyrex casseroles and brought those to me and included these sweet hand crocheted wash cloths
(which I love)! 

But that's not all....
She also brought me a gift for my soon to be born Grandson!  How sweet is that!
Here is a little peek  but I can't show you what is inside since I want my daughter to be surprised and she reads my blog...but know the gifts are adorable!
I promise pics after Sara opens them! 

Thank you so much Sherry and a big hug to your Hubby for stopping so we could meet.  They only had a few minutes as they had to get on the other side of Atlanta before rush hour.  We know we will meet up again and have a junkin trip somewhere!  Sherry has a great booth in an antique mall in Laurel, MS and she is so knowledgeable about antiques.  She posts often about her great finds and is a faithful Junkin Finds Friday partier!  I hope you will visit her blog and get to know this wonderful lady!  

Happy Junkin, 
Linda





19 comments:

Patti said...

How wonderful to have an opportunity to meet your blogging friends face to face. I look forward to the day when it's you and I that are meeting!!!

I just noticed that you have 470 followers....not too long ago you had a giveaway for reaching 300. That could only have been about, what, 4 months ago, and now you are 170 beyond that. Wow!!!

Speaking of following, thanks for signing on to follow my new classic movie blog. Not sure I have the time to keep up two blogs, especially with college, but I'm sure going to try.

Have a great day.

Love,
Patti

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Glad you two got to meet - how fun.
Thanks for stopping by and nice comment.

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Linda, it was sooo much fun to meet you "face-to-face." Maybe there will be time to do some junkin' next time!!!
Sherry

laxsupermom said...

How fun! Meeting people you only know from blogland is always an adventure. The crocheted washcloths are so pretty! Thanks for sharing.

Donnie said...

It is always so much fun to meet up with our blogpals. She seems really sweet.

Oliva said...

How fun is that! She's so very nice! Love the the dishrags!

Pondside said...

Isn't it fun to meet a blogging friend? It sounds like you two had a sweet, if short, time!

Susan said...

Awwww,Linda. What fun to meet a blogging buddy. So happy to read about that. Take care and have a great afternoon! Susan

Sherry said...

What a nice visit. Congrats on your soon to be grandson.
Sherry

the cape on the corner said...

aww, how great! and how thoughtful are the gifts for grandbaby...i haven't met any bloggers IRL yet-i think i'm too shy for that!

Betsy said...

I love hearing stories about blogging friends meeting up. I follow Sherry's blog and enjoy reading about her treasures....and of course, yours too.

Diann said...

How fun Linda! I swear one of these days, Troy and I are going to hook up our travel trailer and jus head south and meet up with kinds of bloggers! We have joked about just doing a "Bloggy Road Trip" some day! Of course, that is actually the kind of things we do. LOL

Deb said...

What a nice opportunity to meet a blogging friend. Great pic. Hugs, Deb=^..^=x5

Blondie's Journal said...

Sherry sounds like a very sweet lady! I love to meet bloggers face to face! I also love the pretty gifts she gave you!

XO,
Jane

lvroftiques said...

It's just the best meeting a blogging friend! Y'all are so lucky! And what lovely gifts awwwwwww! Vanna

Chatty Crone said...

Aren't bloggers the most wonderful people in the world? Glad you got to meet her and I am sure she feels the same way.

sandie

Susan said...

Oh this truly is special. What a wonderful thing that you and Sherry got to meet and spend some time together. I'm so happy they could swing by your way for you to get together and meet face to face for the first time. Love the hand made dish clothes. Mom made me some of those and they work wonderfully. I just love them. And what a beautiful surprise for your grandson on the way. It looks like you were both so happy to meet.

Blessings and hugs,
Susan

Laurie said...

How fun, Linda -- I LOVE meeting my blog friends in person!

Jenny said...

How fun! What beautiful smiling faces!