Saturday, August 5, 2017

Thrifting, Flowers and Painting

August!
This was my July cubbie display but it will be changing this weekend!

Mom and I went thrift shopping one day last week and had a really good time.  She found several books and some bowls.  I hit the jackpot it seems!
Another pottery piece to hold more paint brushes.  I like this one because it is tall and holds them upright really well.  I took one off my desk that didn't work as well. Only .50!!
Brand new Pier 1 mug for $1.49
I love the Fall colors and it's big!
I've been looking for a plate rack to hold smaller saucer size plates and this one was $l.49 and is perfect for some of my Paris plates.  Now to figure out where I want to hang it...hum???
A Bible from the free pile! 
I love it and it is in great condition. I'll use this in my weekly Ladies' Bible study group. 
I must say I got REALLY excited when I saw this duvet cover.  Paris, Pink, Polka Dots!!  Someone made it and the fabric alone would have been more then the $7.50 I paid for it!  Washed and on the bed, it looks great!
This was my favorite find of the day.  It is a Napco Madonna vase and even if she does have a broken thumb, I love her.  I thought I might give this to a friend, but she seems so happy here by my Bible collection.  Only $1!!!
I also found two frames for $1/each.  One for this photo of Scout I had printed at Shutterfly and the other was my watercolor painting of Bluebonnets I did for my Mom.  She loves it! 

Watercolors!  
I've been painting again!
This was a photo from
'The Eggs and I'  Facebook page. 
Again I painted from a photo but decided not to put them side by side,  the colors are hard to match and then photograph but it's an inspiration not a copy :)

If this is your photo please let me know! I promise to start being more mindful of the photos I download so I can give credit!
This was really fun to paint! 


I was looking on Amazon for a travel case for my paint brushes.  I came across this one for $4 and it had brushes in it (yes all for $4)
So I ordered it!  Love the case and my good brushes will fit in there and be safe for travel!  The others will either be used for gouche paints or for the Grands!
I am a bargain hunter always!

I thought I'd leave you with a photo of my craft room.  Still a work in progress but the wall of shelves is finally done.  I need to go through all my art/craft/scrapbooking supplies and decide what to keep and what to donate.
That's a lot of stuff!

Wishing you JOY,

Linda

31 comments:

oldgreymareprimitives said...

Glad to see you have your happy spirit back. Here's to continued good health and because it's me ( more purging lol)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your craft room looks fabulous! Better check my pockets when you leave! heehee! I LOVE your art...the flower with butterfly is beautiful....they both are! Love your treasures too. The Madonna is my fav! Enjoy your weekend Sis!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I mean when I LEAVE....check my pockets! lol Well....you know what I mean! You can't trust me with all that neat stuff! Hugs!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Great finds! You're doing really well with your painting. I can't draw a rock.
Brenda

Chatty Crone said...

I am so impressed with your craft room - wowowowowowowwo! That is amazing and so is your art work. I have to get something from you for when you get famous! And of course great finds - love the Eiffel Tower spread!! Love, sandie

Junkchiccottage said...

Your craft room is fabulous. Love seeing your creative spirit in your art work. Great finds. Happy Weekend.
Hugs,
Kris

Vicky Hunt said...

So much goodness in one post! Love all your finds...great deals. That photo of Scout is so precious! Love the paintings too. You are getting really good! Watercolor is so pretty...my favorite type of paint. I've been busy getting my new classroom set up and can't wait to finish and share on the blog. I haven't blogged in a month. :( Have a blessed Sunday my friend.

Hugs, Vicky

Melanie said...

Wow, what a craft room! I like how you have everything organized in the white cubbies. Your watercolors are looking better with every post you show us - you're really doing good! Love all your newest thrifting finds, too. Every time I'm at a store where I see anything Paris related, I always think of you. ;-)

We are: Clamco said...

That Paris duvet cover was a great find. I always check the linens at thrift stores and estate sales. I got some pillowcases yesterday. To buy them new is crazy money, but for a quarter, I can't say no. Love your craft room. It's so organized and cheerful. Great place to create!

Mereknits said...

Great finds my friend. Your craft room looks so organized, well done!

Cheri said...

Thrifting coming along....watercolors coming along...looks like everything is on a smooth course for you now. Hope it stays this way.

My thrift store addiction said...

Linda, your watercolors are really lovely! Great finds--that duvet cover looks like it was made for you! I love it when that happens ;)

Rose L said...

Keep on painting. It is joyful and you are doing so well.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I am always inspired by your painting! I have the supplies...I just need to take the time!
I love the piece of pottery you found!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Such great finds from the thrift store! Your watercolor art is so lovely! So glad I found your blog!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope you're having a good week! I mentioned you on my post this morning! Sweet sweet hugs Sis!

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi, I've come across from Diane's blog.
Love your craft room and your paintings look good.

All the best Jan

Susan said...

You are becoming an Artist! I'm so happy you've found such a rewarding hobby. I have so many of my mother's watercolors that I cherish, XOXO

Jeanie said...

Three cheers on your wonderful art/flowers and terrific thrifting finds. You're lucky! Very good buys!

And I just love your craft room. So tidy and organized and neat! I should take lessons from you. I'm afraid I'm helpless!

Diann said...

Wow! Awesome finds! And I am LOVING your craft room! Way to go!

Simple and serene living Laura Walker said...

How wonderful that you have a craft room. That duvet cover is perfect for you. You must have been thrilled. xo Laura

Shelia said...

Hi Linda! There you go finding great things!! I hope you're feeling good now and how nice that your little mother was able to get out with you! Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Kim said...

You found some great items! I love when I have a lucky shopping day like that...so much fun! Enjoy your treasures.

Sam I Am...... said...

You are so talented! Look at your paintings! Love your bargains too...I am a bargain hunter and I admire it in others when they can make the dollars stretch and find a great deal. I love the Madonna and your mug is really pretty. Thanks for sharing it all!
I am trying to work on my crafts room too...actually the whole house is a work in progress! LOL! Love your shelving!

Shelia said...

Hi sweet Linda! I'm really impressed with your paintings! You are going to town! Thanks for popping in to see me and I hope you've had a nice Sunday.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Jann Olson said...

Great craft room Linda, and your water colors are wonderful! You found some great finds and that sweet Madonna does look right at home. :)
hugs,
Jann

Shelia said...

HI Linda! Oh, I saw you in your eclipse glasses! Wasn't that an awesome experience? Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Shelia said...

Oh, thank you Linda for popping in to see me! I'm so very excited about my dollhouse.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Hi Linda - thanks for visiting today - and it is so good to have you say that you 'get it' about making decisions and letting things go. I am going to be working on that for the next several months (and likely more) as I make space happen. Hugs.
Joy

Bohemian said...

I like that you have a Themed Cubby Display of your Treasures that you Style differently with the Seasons! Great Scores, that always makes the Heart sing when you come Home with a great Haul!

roth phallyka said...

I saw you in your eclipse glasses! Wasn't that an awesome experience? Thanks for popping in to see me.


ทางบ้าน