Here it is the end of August already!
Summer has been so busy for me!
Cuisine Kathleen challenged us to do a Summer Fun table.
That can only mean one thing to me...
The Beach!
The beach means sand, sun, blue water and of course shells!
I put together my centerpiece using shells I've collected from all my beach trips! Using bubbled glass cylinders and candles added another element to the table.
I love the colors and texture of these Crate & Barrel plates. I found these at a thrift shop and have been waiting to use them in a tablescape.
I started with a dark blue place mat to anchor the place setting. A white charger plate, the dinner plate and salad plate topped with a blue shell glass dish.
Thrifted flatware in a sea green color pairs well with the dark blue napkin
and the fish napkin ring
I love these goblets with the blue/green stem
The swirls make me think of waves
Looking at the photos I'm thinking I should have used a white tablecloth on the table first. I do enjoy the wood of the table, but it makes it a bit dark.
The marble jar filler looks like bubbles to me!
I love the texture of shells....I wish I had time for a beach trip this summer, but this is as close as I'm going to get it seems.
These salt & pepper shakers were a gift!
Everything on this table was thrifted, gifted or found!
Shell we??
Thanks for joining me at these parties!
Thrifty Things Friday
Seasonal Sunday
**Less then two weeks until I'm on my way to Paris!! I'm hoping to do some getting ready posts next week! I am so excited!!!**
Merci,
Linda












37 comments:
Thrifted, gifted, or found...the only way to go. So pretty Linda. I think those clear scalloped dishes on top are icing on the cake.
Linda, your color pattern is perfect for a seaside theme, and your thrifted, gifted, found items are all delightful. You've set a beautiful table!
Thrifted, gifted or found... The best kind of table settings! Very pretty:@)
Love your blue and green beachside table! Your goblets are beautiful! Enjoy your last days of summer!
This table is beautiful and I love those unusual glasses! The seashells are great. I'm seriously coveting the s&p shakers!
Oh, what a great find were those dishes - wow! I love how your entire table looks like sea glass and shells. The flatware and the goblets look exactly like sea glass and those napkin rings are adorable!
Absolutely fabulous! I love it!
Jane x
Love you sea side table scape - wish I was going to the beach or Paris!
I can't wait for you.
sandie
We're actually only an hour and half from the beach, but your setting made me feel closer! I have that exact flatware and it looks so pretty with your plates, XOXO
Do you remember when we were told not to combine green with blue? What were "they" thinking??? LOVE your colors...so calming and beachy!
Thrifted flatware . . . those goblets . . . shells - all of it is beautiful.
Love this post, Linda, I do enjoy your tablescapes and the fact that they are all thrifty. Beautiful, and I love the title. xo
Linda, this is gorgeous. Love the dinnerware, and those goblets are wonderful! Thrifted is best!!
Such pretty colors, Linda. I love the glass shell plates, and your dinner plate and salad plate are such great colors. Oh that stemware is just beautiful, and the s/p shakers are too. You always find such great stuff. I also love those fish napkin rings. Great minds - we both thought of the beach this week. I wish I was also thinking of a trip to France. laurie
What a lovely summer table setting! The blue and green works so well and I have those same goblets! Now why doesn't my table look like this??
Great job.
Hugs,
Patti
I love how beautiful the table is and the touches of green. Very nice!
Love all of the cool colors of your table Linda! Those shell plates are too pretty!! My toes haven't been to a beach in seriously decades, how sad is that?? Your table makes me long to feel the sand and water. Just lovely :-) Twoo weeks!! Squeeeee!!
You've got all the right things going for a summer table. Your shades of blue are perfect for the season.
Ooh la la! I think I could give up my beach time in exchange for a trip to Paris! Your glasses are beautiful. I think the dark table sets off the beachy colors very nicely. You must be very busy now--I don't think I could pull this together and post if Paris was waiting! Have a wonderful time and keep us all in mind--we want to see pictures! Linda
Lovely combination of green and blue and so very beachie. Very interesting glasses and silverware handles!! You make eating so much fun!!
You sure captured the theme! Very pretty!
These colors are all so soothing! Everything looks beachy perfect Linda! Love those dishes and the stemware!
Beautiful Linda! I love the aquas in the setting and all your shells. The scalloped dishes are gorgeous too! Thank you for your sweet and kind comment. Enjoy the last summer weekends.
FABBY
Such pretty pieces Linda. Great finds and how exciting. Have fun on your trip.
Pretty tablescape!! Love the colors!!
Thanks so much for hosting and for always stopping by!!
Hugs,
Debbie
You know, I just feel as though I took a little trip-I think your tablescape accomplished so much! Really just magical and fun!
Happy Hugs,
jemma
This is my favorite tablescape of the week. You hit every element right on the nose. Bottle nosed, I mean.
I know you will enjoy Paris! When you get home these napkin rings, stems and the flatware will be missing. Just saying...don't look my way. LOL!
xoGinger
I like your blues and whites and shells theme.
What a pretty table scape! I know you are getting so excited about your trip! I am excited for you. When you get a chance, resend me your address - I'm ashamed to tell you that I can't find where I put it when you sent it to me!
Judy
Beautiful Linda!
Linda, it definitely says, 'summer'! Love the colors and the fish napkin rings are so fun! The gifted S&P are beautiful! Can't wait for you to go so that you can get back and share! lol! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann
Whoa it's almost time to go to Paris! You must be so excited. Love your pretty tablescape, especially those green s&p shakers. Take care - Dawn
What a gorgeous summer tablescape! Can't believe you'll be going to Paris SOON...lucky you! :-)
Perfect! The colors are wonderful. What a find on those plates, and the glassware is so pretty!
Thanks for taking the challenge!
Post a Comment