When I was a Senior in High School my Dad was in Viet Nam. While serving there he was able to purchase at an incredible price a set of Noritake china for me. He sent a brochure and I picked out the pattern I liked. I tried to keep it simple but classic. Noritake Montblanc!
This ivory colored china with a silver rim and a small white raised pattern seemed perfect!
A large box arrived finally and there was my china.
It was prettier then I even imagined...and so much of it!
Place settings for 12...yes 12!
Dinner plate, salad plate, bread plate, soup bowl, berry bowl, cup & saucer! Also serving pieces! 2 platters, 2 bowls and a gravy boat! WOW!
Last week this China was passed down to my daughter Sara! For Mother's Day she received a china cabinet and was finally ready for 'her' dishes!
These have seen many a family holiday dinner and hold many memories. Now they will make new memories with my sweet daughter and her family!
Last week Ashleigh was visiting from California and we were able to have a family dinner at Sara's. She used her 'new' china!
She still needs a tablecloth and napkins but wants to pick those out herself! This table was Blake's Grannies and will be refinished soon!
Along with the China I took Sara another heirloom!
This set of silverplate was a wedding gift to my parents and was passed down to me
and now to Sara!
It goes so well with the dishes I wanted her to have it also! The pattern is Rogers and Bros Starlight and is from 1953 and is 60 years old. The China is a mere 45 years old!
Two of my very favorite and precious things....now passed down to my daughter!
Ashleigh was not interested in the china or silver, but there are other family pieces she will receive when she is ready!
Ashleigh was not interested in the china or silver, but there are other family pieces she will receive when she is ready!
Visit Claudia and see what others are sharing at
Wishing you JOY,
Linda








26 comments:
What a great story! Your china is a classic, beautiful pattern and I bet you get a kick out of seeing it in your daughter's home. How lovely.
Thanks so much for joining in this week.
xo
Claudia
You are the sweetest thing in the world. I know you love your daughters - both - for surer. And what w wonderful gift to give her now when she is young and can use them. Love, sandie
Lovely china and a SWEET post! :)
I have silverware in a box like that, from my mom / grandmother. The deal is whoever gets the silver ends up having to have most of the family get togethers, lol...at least that's how it worked out in my life! :)
How special! Your daughter must be so delighted. I love things like that that have been special to my family for a long time. Lucky daughter.
Judy
That is very similar to my wedding china - also Noritake. I still love it :-)
Oh, Linda... this made me cry. What a wonderful mother you are to give this to your daughter now and what a great idea to watch her enjoy this heirloom china.
Love the pattern and love your generous spirit.
XO,
Sheila
Oh Linda!! Love the silver and china!! What a lucky young lady to have this with so much history! So wonderful that you gave it to her now so you can enjoy them using it now!! I use my silver daily!! But am afraid to use my grandmother's china, even at Thanksgiving!!
Love the story behind this beautiful set! Congrats to Sara! The silver is gorgeous too!
Karen
Love that you are passing on memories and cherished items. No one uses this beautiful stuff theses days, so glad your daughter will. The silver plate is dive, so classic and goes either modern or tradition. The china is very elegant and never will go out of style. The story is the best. Richard and Sissy from My Old Historic House.
How fun to be able to share such precious things Linda! Always nice to see them stay in the family:@)
Oh, Linda! I'm almost crying...how sweet of you to pass these dishes and silverware to your daughter! They dishes are beautiful and what a great story as well as the silverware. I know she'll cherish it!
You are a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Lovely heirlooms for Sara, Linda. Do you have special things in mind for Ashleigh, too? I'm sure the girls will love special things from their Mom! Susan
I absolutely love the silverplate, Linda. Gorgeous pattern. I hope my daughters want some of my heirlooms too.
Beautiful china and silverware, Linda. Heirlooms to be treasured. xo
Linda, both patterns are so pretty, but it is the sentiment that makes me smile. I love the idea of passing special family pieces down through the generations, especially to those who will cherish and use them. Sounds like Sara is just the one to treasure these. ~ Sarah
Wonderful story, Linda! Sara is very fortunate to have these family pieces! Hugs, Nellie
These are so nice. Love the china, and the silver is gorgeous! Great heirlooms!!
Such a sweet gift. First from your father and now to your daughter! How lucky you are to have someone to pass your meaniful treasures down to. I'm pretty sure my sons have no interest in my inheirted pieces. I'm sure your daughter will love them just as you have :-)
What a lovely story....I, too, have passed on some of my collectable items, to both of my daughters.
What a lovely story....I, too, have passed on some of my collectable items, to both of my daughters.
Beautiful china and tableware pattern - what a treasure for her to have. I have a set of nice china my ex FIL sent me when he was in VN I no longer use it, so packed up for granddaughter, but she shows no interest.:/
Hope you are enjoying the weekend.
This is so wonderful of you! I bet Sara is delighted with her new heirloom treasures! And you know they are in a happy home!
This is so cool to see. For a second I was wondering if I had a blog I had forgotten about. When I was a senior, my dad in Viet Nam sent the folder and I picked out a pattern. Mine is gold rimmed with a green band.
This is so cool to see. For a second I was wondering if I had a blog I had forgotten about. When I was a senior, my dad in Viet Nam sent the folder and I picked out a pattern. Mine is gold rimmed with a green band.
That china is really lovely, the dainty floral pattern is so pretty. You're right, the silverware is perfect with it. I also love those footed glasses - I'm pretty sure those are peanut butter glasses, yes? Cool! Great story - Hugs- Dawn
Your china is so lovely and the silverware too! What a great mom to pass this down to your sweet daughter! The story of your dad getting this beautiful set for you made me teary eyed.
You are a wonderful gal!
Post a Comment