Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I IS FOR ICE CREAM!

I am joining Jenny Matlock 
for Alphabe-Thursday
This week we are on the letter
I
From Wikipedia
Ice cream or ice-cream is a frozen dessert usually made from dairy products, such as milk and cream, and often combined with fruits or other ingredients and flavours. Most varieties contain sugar, although some are made with other sweeteners. In some cases, artificial flavourings and colourings are used in addition to (or in replacement of) the natural ingredients. This mixture is stirred slowly while cooling to prevent large ice crystals from forming; the result is a smoothly textured ice cream.

As we all know the best Ice Cream in the world, is home made...nothing matches that flavor and the memories of churning the ice cream for hours and then eating it usually outside at picnics!


In our world most of us don't make homemade ice cream any longer except for a really special event.  This has lead to more brands of gourmet Ice Cream...Ben & Jerry's, Breyer's and that does not include the ice cream stores such as Baskin-Robbins (remember 21 flavors?), Coldstone Creamery and my favorite Bruster's.  However I have become a huge fan of Blue Bell Ice Cream.   
              
I arrived in Texas and at the Welcome Center and I see
Blue Bell Ice Cream Truck!!
  YUM!  They have so many flavors but 
Butter Pecan is one of my favorites
I had to buy a 1/2 Gallon to do a taste test!
All for my friends in Blogland of course!
Can you see all the big yummy chunks of Pecans?
So smooth and such flavor!

       For more information about Blue Bell Ice Cream visit their website Here. You can also get a coupon for $1.00 so check it out.
They have tours of their facility here in Texas but will not let you take photos.  I think I will just go buy another 1/2 gallon, let's see what flavor this time?  Hmmmm....what would you choose?? 


Don't forget my giveaway for my 100th post
 

Always,
Linda

24 comments:

Shara said...

I love Blue Bell Ice cream - it is the BEST! I love the commercials, "We eat all we can and sell the rest!"

Viki said...

I've never had that kind of ice cream. Thanks for buying some to taste test it for us LOL.

Vicki said...

Yummy post for this week! I love Ice cream and my fav is good 'ol vanilla..it can be whatever you want it to be!

Steph said...

Everyone that I know from Texas loves Blue Bell. I'm a Breyer's girl myself, when I'm in the states. Your pictures are driving my tastebuds crazy, however.

mbkatc230 said...

I love Blue Bell too! Southern Blackberry Cobbler - divine! I'm not usually a fan of alot of "stuff" in my ice cream, but this one rocks. I love their commercials too "why are their cows so happy? Because they think Brenham is heaven" Great post for I. Kathy

My name is PJ. said...

I love ice cream! LOVVVVE it! I love stuff in my ice cream. I'm originally from the northeast and we don't have Blue Bell; but we have Ben and Jerry's.....yummmmmmmmm. :)

Betty (picture circa 1951) said...

There's a reason why they eat what they can and sell all the rest. I've always wanted to go on that tour. Whenever I pass through Brenham I think about it.

Julie Schuler said...

No Blue Bell in our neck of the woods. I remember I used to like praline pecan ice cream, but now I'm not much of an ice cream eater.

Chatty Crone said...

I love Ice Cream too.

Let's see, my favorite is chocolate. Have you ever tried dippin dots - love the chocolate mint.

Sandie

Debbie said...

Linda wonderful ice cream post! Great minds think alike, how cute we had a different story:)!!~ Blue Bell I will look into that...my 12 year old eats a bowl every night of ice cream!

jeff campbell said...

Love your ice cream post...Blue Bell is pretty good stuff. So, the "Italian" post made me think about Gelato...and now Blue Bell...gee guys, thanks...and thank you for your visit and comments about my Insects...Peace

Sh@KiR@ CK said...

I love all kinds of Ice Cream!
Lovely pictures.

Happy Thursday!

Did you know that I am now hosting a new meme? Find out more Blog of the Week Please join us for the WEEKEND FUNNIES. Week #2 is this Friday to Sunday (March 26-29). See you there? hugs shakira Oscar Wilde-The IRISH Gentleman ART OF GENEROSITY

UNSPOKEN BREAKFAST FOR THE SOUL

MrsJenB said...

Mmmm butter pecan.... *drool* I am a die-hard Breyers fan. It's jsut the best in my book.

What a pretty tablescape! So springy! I love the colored eggs.

Self Sagacity said...

I live with a man who is so in love with ice cream! sometimes I wonder...anyhow, now with my daughter, there are two of them. LOL

Jenny said...

My Mom adores butter pecan ice cream!

This was such an informative and luscious post!

A+

Judi said...

And I stupidly gave up sweets, including ice cream for Lent!! What was I thinking?????? Judi

laterg8r said...

dang, now i'm hungry!!! :D

Jo said...

I do love a good ice cream!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I have seen this in the store and haven't tried it yet. After reading your review, I need to.

Anne - Fiona and Twig said...

Oh my gosh, you and I would totally fight over the same ice cream! That's my fave flavor, too. :-)

Have a fabulous Friday!
Anne

Diann said...

Oh Yum! I do like some good ice cream! It's hard to find Blue Bell ice cream around here. I had never heard of it until Troy and I started taking road trips across the country.

Christy said...

never had blue bell...but that butter pecan sure looks good! here's my favorite part about store bought ice cream. i love when i get it home and before i put it in the freezer, i open the top and skim off that just softened edge for the perfect taste! YUM!

Melinda Cornish said...

talk about timing, not two seconds ago I hollered out that I wanted ice cream...weird huh..now I dont want it, I need it!

sweet european dreams said...

oh, how I miss my Blue Bell, but I will be indulging in some this coming week in Texas! Believe it or not, my all time favorite of theirs is Homemade Vanilla - it's amazing! They also have some flavors that they only offer at certain times of the year - if you're in TX during the summer months, Banana Pudding is dreamy!