I've had a busy day!
I did my income taxes, laundry, cleaned litter boxes (ewww....but if your a kitty mama you do it) and started packing for my 4 week visit to my Mom.
I recently found a great deal on a new suitcase at Ross. I have been looking for one of the 4 wheeled suitcases in the hardside finish. I want one for my trip to Paris (of course) and decided a 24" bag was a good size!
I could not resist this Fushia Samsonite suitcase!
Then when I got closer to it I saw this....
Do you see it? Reduced down to $27.99!!
I love it!
These wheels make it so easy to roll through the airport.
It's lightweight and fairly roomy inside!
I'm taking it to Houston to test how much it holds before heading to Paris in Sept.
Another new item I'm trying are eBags packing cubes! I have been reading about how easy it is to efficiently pack using these. I had some Amazon gift cards earned from Swag Bucks and so I used those to purchase a set of 3 cubes (large, med, small) and another set of 3 small cubes.
They come in many colors and I choose the Turquoise!
A nice contrast to the Fushia suitcase
I like being able to group my lingerie in one bag and nightgowns in another. Easy to keep organized when living out of a suitcase.
This is the large cube and I've packed pants & tops. So far I like the small and medium cubes better, but this would be good for sweaters.
I will let you know how I like them after using them on this trip. These were purchases I made with no compensation from either company!
I travel a fair bit with my Mom in Texas and my oldest daughter in Calif. Not to mention vacations! I am hoping that I will like these cubes and that they make packing and unpacking easier!
I'm sharing this tweaking of my packing at
Tweak It Tue
and
You're Gonna Love It Tue
Wishing you JOY,
Linda








33 comments:
That's an amazing deal on the suitcase, I know how expensive they can be!! Have a safe flight!
I'm not sure what I love more Linda. The price or the colors! I'm going with the colors...no the price...erg! Lol! Safe travels friend! Thank you for sharing this at my party :-)
Linda, your new bag was a great deal! The bright color will make it easy to spot on the baggage carrousel too. I like to use the cubes for organizing, but I've also found that rolling my clothes is the most efficient way to pack. It's amazing how much more I can get into my suitcase if I roll my things, and they don't wrinkle. I learned this from a video I watched that was presented by a flight attendant. I was amazed at the difference.
Oh, and when packing for Paris, leave room for those Parisian purchases that are going to come back home with you. '-) Though I've been known to buy an extra suitcase while there to fill with purchases. That works too!
Safe travels to Houston. Hope your mom is doing better.........Sarah
Linda - what a good deal on your suitcase! Looks like you will have everything figured out when you head to Paris.
Travel safe.
Judy
Great deal on the luggage. Have fun!
Have a safe trip <3
You got a great deal on the suitcase Linda! Have a nice visit:@)
What a great find!! Perfect for travel and sturdy too!! Paris...oh my how wonderful!! I know you are looking forward to that!
I love to shop at Ross! Great buy on that suitcase - and it will be easy to spot at baggage claim if you have to check it!:-) Hugs, Nellie
I love your pink suitcase and you'll appreciate its pinkness at the airports when you're waiting for your luggage on all the dollies. You are always amazing when it comes to shopping deals!! That is a real WOW!!
GOD SPEED Linda - have a wonderful time with your Mom!!
Hi Linda...AWESOME! That is a beautiful suitcase and the price was even MORE awesome. Great job!
Have a good day. If you are leaving soon to your Mama's, have a good trip. Susan
I love that suitcase - it is you! And you will be able to find it easily. Are the cubes for keeping things separate or do you vacuum the air out of it? Have a great time and I will miss you.
Love the suitcase! And, I apologize that the Postal Service didn't get your surprise to you in time:-( When they say 2-3 days, well they must mean "business days." Have a lovely time with your mom, XOXO
Can't wait to hear your review on the cubes. As you know we do a fair amount of traveling to and my kids say I bring too much but it is hard to pack.
Love the score you made on the suitcase. Hubby always likes those hard sided suitcases for air traveling.
Have a wonderful Mother Daughter time!
The colors are so gorgeous...and easy to spot in the airport.
Have a great trip.
Jen
I love love love the fuschia hard sided suitcase. I have looked but not found them-what a steal you got and I'm anxious to hear how it holds up.
I've heard of those cubes, Linda. I need to get some! Let us know how you like them. Your suitcase was a steal! And a great color, too! It'll be so easy to spot on the luggage turnstile thingy! Everyone else seems to have black bags!
that is a great luggage find, i can't believe the price. two xmases ago the boyfriend surprised me with luggage that can be turned in any direction, and i looove it. i did want the harder sides, like yours, but they were expensive. hope all goes well with your visit.
Great price and LOVE the color!
Have a blessed time with your Mom!
Warmly,
deb
Hi Linda,
I wish you a safe and happy trip with your pretty suitcase in tow.
Love the pretty color and those little cubes are a great idea.
hugs and kisses from me and the kitties to you and Charlie too.
Sissie
Hope you have a great visit!
The best thing is how easy it will be to spot your fuschia suitcase at the airport! I hope your visit with your mother goes well and your trial run packing for the "Big Trip" is a success!
Love the suitcase the colour is awesome and I think it was such a bargin.......
Wow! Linda you are quite the shopper! I want to come shop with you one day! I would really like to sneak inside your bag to Paris! LOL! But I would come visit you and your sweet mom too in Houston! I feel like I know so much about your mom from our Mother's day Swap a few years ago! It was wonderful and the greatest gift was meeting you and getting to know you too! I didn't feel like such an orphan when I got to learn about your sweet little mama!
I need to learn to pack better because even a short visit to my sis in Pueblo (120 miles from me) I pack like I am going to be gone for years! HaHa!
I love the wonderful deal you got on your suitcase. You will be a classy gal traveling the world with your beautiful bag! Hugs Anne
That suitcase was meant for you; great find! My attitude when traveling is two-fold..."never carry more than I can run with" and, to use horrible English, "if it don't roll, it don't go". I pack very lightly.
Please, don't think I'm being snarky but I think in your blog title its shouldn't have an ' .
I love your happy suitcase!
It would make me smile whenever I look at it!
I hope your visit is good.
Travel safe...
...and remember to keep taking deep breaths no matter what!
Hugs from AZ
My Gosh you really did get that suitcase for cheap....it's fabulous...love the color and it matches your beret!!
You will be so stylish in Paris....love too the ideas of the packing cubes....I always pack using tissue paper but one you unpack it's a mess....have fun with the Mom and glad to hear she is feeling better....Enjoy your month and see you when you get back to Ga....
try it out girl
I need one also for my trip this summer to Jamacia
I need to start looking for a bargain like you found
I would rather go to Paris with you than to a wedding in Jamacia LOL
p.s. on Friday night.....Hi Linda. Have you left for Texas yet?
Thanks for all your visits and comments. Hope you'll stop by while you're away.
Susan
You just can't beat that price Linda! Awesome score!~Ames
Hi Linda! We sure do have a lot in common! I love your blog and I'm in to stay! You just bubble with fun and happiness. That travel case of yours was a steal - and you're on your way to Paris too? Lucky you! Oh, and your Charlie is really cute and so is Mr. Toes!
Post a Comment