I hope I haven't lost all of you with my lack of posts. I didn't mean to take such a long break, but with hurricanes, a death in the family and trying to get back to normal here it is almost a month since I blogged.
I did spend some quality time with Ashleigh and it was so good to see her. The circumstances weren't the best. Still we were able to come together as a family and share our love for an amazing woman.
So I cancelled my trip to Calif and lost big bucks on the plane ticket (grr) but I do have a credit to use up within the year. So I'll plan a trip in the Spring maybe? Ashleigh is home and back to work and life is moving forward.
Hurricane Irma dropped tons of rain and wind on us here in GA. Sara and family had a tree come down and lost power for a week. They stayed with me for meals, baths and some nights. It was crazy and I forgot how noisy it is with two kids, 3 adults and a crazy cat in a small 2 bedroom duplex! The kids were out of school for 3 days and Tiger had some fun!
He played chief hurricane inspector!
This child has such an imagination!
During all this time I didn't touch a paint brush but the other day looking out my window I saw this tree in our yard starting to turn colors and losing it's leaves. I painted it and really I am happy with how it turned out.
I've much to share with you. A couple of junking adventures, keepsakes from family and more watercolors. So I hope you are still with me! I promise to post again soon!
Wishing you JOY,
Linda




24 comments:
Still here and checking on you. Can't wait to see what else you will be blogging about.
You did great with that tree! I have absolutely no creative ability when it comes to drawing or painting.
Brenda
Glad to see you back posting and I love your "storm inspector".
Your watercolors are really progressing. Now that Hannah has a big dog , the visits with kids are "more" and Ben has a steady now with a dog so next visit is more plus more lol We just have to be grateful for any time.
Glad to hear everyone made it through Irma ok! Lovin' the pic of Rosemary Scout with the bouquet on the sidebar-very pretty:@)
Still here! Glad to hear that you came through the storm okay. Even though it was hectic, there's nothing quite like a bit of storm-induced togetherness. I'll bet the Grands had a blast!
Sounds like a hard month...so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you could be with your family. xoxo
like your watercolor. Glad to know you are all okay!
Hi Linda,
Good to see your post tonight. Glad you did not have too much damage as Irma brought on so many storms. Glad you could give shelter to your family. Have a good Sunday.
xoxo
Kris
It's nice to know there are still kids playing outside using their imagination. How wonderful. Love your tree!
Yes, we're still out here! I'm so sorry to hear about the death in your family. Love your watercolor of the tree - it's been amazing to see how much you've learned and grown in this process. xoxo
I am still here. You have had a rough month. I am so sorry about your kids grandmother - right? And Tiger is so cute - he does have such a great imagination!
Love Tiger! And that's a lovely photo of you and Ashleigh. I'm glad you're back to painting. I'm sure it will help you heal after all you've been through, my friend. xo
Glad Tiger is keeping up all safe with his hurricane inspections. I love your painting. xo Laura
I am still here and will be when you are as that is how I roll
So glad you're on the mend from the hurricane and losing your mother-in-law. Tiger looks quite serious about this job and I know if this goof ball in the WH doesn't realize we have a climate problem, he'll certainly have a job in the future;-)
Here are accounted for Linda! :) I wonder the same, is anybody out there? But you still get lots of comments and love, it's all good! Sorry about your trip. That storm sure caused havoc. It seems like September has been a rough time due to health and personal issues for lots of folks. I'm looking forward to October. :) Love the sweet photo of mother-daughter love!
Still reading and watching what happens next. Great pic of you and Ashleigh. Tiger is so grown up - it's a amazing how fast they change. Lovely tree - wonderful job with the depth and perspective.
Sorry for your loss.
Hi Linda
I'm here:) After taking a blogging break of one year. Sorry that it's been such a difficult time for you. Wow, I think our country sure could use some good news. Hurricanes, floods, mass shootings, and so much hatred, not to mention outrageous politics. Sending you a big hug!
The hurricane inspector made this post, my friend! What a great kid to turn it into a fun time :)
I'm so sorry for your loss. Prayers for you.
xo,
rue
What a lot you all have been through! Glad you're all safe and sound and I agree with Rue - the hurricane inspector is such a little cutie! Good to hear from you.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)
I love your tree
Or, “I really like your artical satta king
super gamung website visit play bazaar
Post a Comment