If you are a cat parent then you know how they find a favorite 'spot' and sleep there all the time....for awhile, then they move on to another 'spot'!
Charlie has found a new 'spot'
He has moved into this cardboard box!
Really he has! He comes out to eat and use the litter box and harass me occasionally
but then
Back he goes! This has lasted for several weeks now.
Who knew all I needed was 'perfect' box for him!
Update on Charlies health: It seems that the thyroid pills did NOT sit well with Charlie and we had several rough days of vomiting and then refusing to eat. I consulted my vet and she reduced his pill to 1/4 a tablet twice a day. I've made sure he has food in his stomach and I can say he is finally doing much better. I take him back on Thur to test his thyroid function again and see if the meds are helping. Fingers crossed he is doing better now.
Thank you for all the sweet comments on my blog anniversary post! You are why I blog and you all made my day! The winner of the giveaway is
Diane from Lavender Dreams!
Wishing you JOY,
Linda




28 comments:
Oh funny Charlie! I'm glad to hear that changing up his meds was just the ticket! And, congrats to Diane! Toot Toot!!
Oh, that Charlie. He would have to fight for a box here. :) They have always been the favorite beds for all. Wishing him a good health report. Congrats Diane. Hugs
There's something wonderful about a cat and its box. Dorothy has her shoebox in the dining room window.
Thyroid issues are tricky to diagnose and treat. In addition to testing for thyroid function, ask your vet if he/she has done a test for thyroid stimulating hormone. The two tests go hand in hand ... one tests the thyroid itself and the other tests the part in the brain that stimulates the thyroid to produce.
Yay, Big congrats to Diane! :)
Linda, I had a cat who loved his brown paper grocery bag. It was his hideaway sleeping spot, just like your adorable Charlie. The bags didn't always last so long, but were easily replaced.
Hugs, Pam
He feels snug and safe in the box.
Hope he does better on the med adjustment.
He looks so comfy in his box!
My kitties pick weird places to sleep all the time. I hope decreasing Charlie's medication is all that is needed to help him get well...aging isn't the fun we were led to believe!
Charile is a true cat. They always seem to find spots for sleeping that are not where we would expect. Here's hoping his thyroid function will be in a good place. xo
Congratulations to Diane! I do hope Charlie is feeling better soon and his meds start to work. The box must make him feel cozy and warm...better than a bag, right?
Congrats to Diane. One of my favorite people. Hope Charlie feels better. Love his new home :)
xo
Laura
Congrats to Diane, bet she's a happy girl! Hope Charlie feels better soon:@)
Linda I hope and pray that your precious Charlie does well with his meds. I know he's your baby.
Gizzy and Gabby send smooched to him.
Hugs
Sissie
I hope Charlie continues to do better...me and my 3 kitties send hugs and purrs!
My old cat was headquarted in the hall bathroom. Then moved into my closet and stayed there when we went overseas for two weeks. Then decided since he refused to show himself for the pet sitters, that he needed to be OUTSIDE when we returned , and would not come in for a week. Now he is in again, and the downstairs powder room (next to the toilet) is his new spot...totally bizarre....
Thanks so much my friend! I am a VERY happy girl! Love your cute photos, too. He's just like a real kid...liking the box best! Enjoy your evening, Sis! Hugs, Diane
Congrats to Diane! I love Charlie's new catcave!
Congrats to Diane! I hope she loves her box of treasures as much as I loved mine that you sent to me! Charlie is so cute in his box...:) Hopefully adjusting his medication will help him. Have a blessed rest of the week!
Hugs, Vicky
Happy Blogaversary! Charlie is a handsome guy- glad he is feeling better. Hope the Rx works for him. So cute that he enjoys his box. Our male cat also loves boxes :)
Hi Linda...
Ohhhhh, Charlie is a man who is simple to please. What a doll.
Happy for Diane.
Hope you have a nice Wednesday! Susan
Poor Charlie...and funny Charlie! Just like kids, a box is a fun plaything.
warmly,
deb
Mine have always been partial to boxes too. I have lost more boxes that I was planning to use to pack than I can count. Glad Charlie is doing better with his meds. He's such a cutie pie!
Cute Charlie. Congratulations to Diane and again to you on this milestone.
Diane is a sweetie! So glad she won!
But Charlie, my, my! What a character! I just hope his health issues resolve. He looks so smug about his new little "nest!" And I do know cats, having 6 of them! They travel from one fave spot to the next all over the house, and stay at a chair or window sill for at least a week before they move on to the next place!
Charlie is such a beauty. So glad his health is improving. He's just like my youngest grands. You give them something for Christmas and they end up playing with the box the gift was in - or even better, playing with bubble wrap if that was in the box. He sure looks comfy in that box. laurie
I was so worried when you said he had a new home - I should have KNOWN better!
Gorgeous! You can buy all the fancy fur cat beds in the world but you can't beat a cardboard box :-) Hope Charlie feels better soon x
After taking those pills he deserves a new spot. Max was sitting in a new spot the other day, I was floored. He is ten and has never been in that area, see they are always surprising.
Hugs,
Meredith
I'm catching up and going backwards so I know that Charlie is doing better!! Lovely tree colors and congrats to Diane!!! She's such a sweetie!!
Post a Comment