I want to thank all of you for the kind comments about little Tiger breaking his arm. He is doing great and not letting it slow him down much at all!
Last week I took a trip to the mountains to enjoy some Fall weather and pretty leaves!
We stayed in this great little motel in North Carolina! It was nice and so reasonable!
We had breakfast and headed out!
This was our first time driving this skyway and it was so pretty!
The Cherohala Skyway (Tennessee State Hwy. 165 and North Carolina 143) links two small towns and follows a mile (1.6-kilometer) high ridge in the Unicoi Mountains. Designated a National Scenic Byway shortly after it opened in 1996, the skyway is the costliest road in North Carolina. It took more than three decades and $100 million to build, but many say the views along the route are worth it. You can complete the drive in as little as two to three hours, but take your time. This route was built for sightseeing. The highway clings to four peaks over 5,000 feet (1,524 meters) in elevation and nine peaks above 4,000 feet (1,219 meters), offering—when the often-fickle weather permits—amazing views of mountains, foliage, and waterfalls. The Cherohala Skyway climbs high into the Smoky Mountain air, ascending from an elevation of just over 930 feet (283 meters) near Tellico Plains to 5,390 feet (1,643 meters) at the road's highest point, the Santeetlah Overlook. Nearly half of the elevation change comes in the ten-mile (16-kilometer) stretch after Tennessee–North Carolina state line.
We were past the peak of the leaves, but still lots of pretty colors to enjoy!
We took our time and stopped at many of the pull offs to take photos!
Such a gorgeous view! My photos don't do it justice. We took a picnic lunch and stopped and ate cold fried chicken and it was so good!
The sky was so blue!
Mr. C and I had a great time!
We are thinking of going again in the Spring!
I'm joining Seasonal Sunday
and
Kathe with an E for
Wishing you JOY,
Linda








40 comments:
Gorgeous scenery! Love the dots of red here and there.
Brenda
Happy to hear Tiger is doing well.
Beautiful scenery...ours is about done for with the wind/rain we have had recently. I guess the next thing will be that white stuff falling!
Have a wonderful week, Linda...
What gorgeous photos,Linda! I just love North Carolina, those mountains are so pretty. Glad you had a great time, sorry about poor little Tiger!!
TREES!!! I don't see lots of those anymore. =)
So happy to read Tiger is doing fine.
One of the most beautiful spots on earth, Linda! Of course, I am a bit prejudiced in my opinion.:-) It sounds like you had a wonderful time!
xo Nellie
That's some beautiful scenery!
Gorgeous and it looks so peaceful Linda! I'm glad you got to get out & about and enjoy it :-) Hugs to tough little Tiger <3
You look so wonderful happy and content!! Glad that Tiger is doing well! YES!! the beauty is breathe taking and the camera never does it justice - but your photos are lovely just the same!! Thank you for sharing!
I hadn't read your previous post yet so I didn't know Tiger broke his arm. I'm so sorry to hear that - poor little guy. :-( Your pictures are stunning...what beautiful views!
Glad Tiger is doing so well. And those photos you took were absolutely gorgeous. I am glad you went - sorry you missed us though. sandie
Good news that Tiger is doing well. He is such a cutie!
Your trip sounds like a nice get away. Thanks for sharing the gorgeous images. Beautiful fall color.
Tiger's such a cutie! Looks like you had a beautiful trip:@)
Beautiful scenery ! Lovely ! Little Tiger looks so cute..as always :)
I am so glad y'all got to do this. How lovely!
xo
Sheila
Gorgeous scenery, Linda, and a lovely photo of you, too!
kids are so resilient glad to hear he is doing ok wow that drive looks stunning what a wonderful day it must have been thanks for sharing
Gorgeous, Linda.
Give Tiger a hug from me - poor little guy!
xo
Claudia
Pretty scenes. So sorry to hear about Tiger's arm. I am behind on my blog reading. Bless his heart. He seemed to handle it very well.
Judy
That was a lovely post, Linda. What a nice excursion, cold chicken picnic lunch and all. Was glad you and Mr. C were able to experience that!
Take care and thanks for all your visits to my blog! Susan
Wow, gorgeous scenery! So glad you and Mr. C had such a nice time!
Those mountain views are gorgeous! Looks like a nice place to go- I need to make a trip out that way! (Who's Mr.C)? 😊
Those mountain views are gorgeous! Looks like a nice place to go- I need to make a trip out that way! (Who's Mr.C)? 😊
Good news that Tiger is doing good.
Thanks for taking me along on your trip. The color is beautiful. We don't have this kind of color in Texas but I remember the beautiful color in Michigan.
Blessings,
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures
I'm so happy to hear that the little Tiger is doing well. This is something he sure won't forget. Love all your beautiful pictures Linda. Sounds like you had a great getaway.
What gorgeous photos Linda...I am happy you got to go to the mountains. I wanted so badly to go see the leaves, but it just wasn't possible. Maybe next year! Love that picture of you too....you look beautiful and perfectly content! Have a blessed week my friend!
Hugs, Vicky
Life On Willie Mae Lane
What a beautiful view of the mountains and the fall leaves!! I definitely need to visit NC some day! Sorry to hear about the broken arm. Poor sweet baby.
Hi LInda, so glad that lsweet little guy is doing well. LOVE the pix of your adventure. Tell me again where you live. I have never been to the Carolinas, but would love to travel that way!
Linda
Hi Linda! I'm so glad to hear little Tiger is doing so well. Nice for you to take a trip - it looks so pretty there and look at you being so cute and all.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Hi Linda,
What a beautiful foliage trip you had to North Carolina...love your photos. Hope little Tiger is feeling better.
Cheryl
I love the mountains in the fall! Love your photos...glad you had a great time and that Tiger is doing good!
Poor little Tiger! I hope he heals up quickly. I'm glad you got to make the trip while there was still some pretty color. And look how pretty you look in blue! The scarf felt good, I bet! We are back in FL...and glad to feel the warm sunshine. There are snow flurries in NC today! Sweet hugs Sis!
Linda,
Absolutely beautiful-I love the North Carolina mountains-they are spectacular. Oh and by the way you look lovely in blue!
Hugs,
Jemma
Can't believe that I missed the post that Tiger had broken his arm. So happy that he is doing well. What a gorgeous drive. xo Laura
What a nice trip. It looks so beautiful out there.
Beautiful views on your trip. Fall is over here. Some cold temps and wind chills too.
Looks like a little piece of heaven!
Gorgeous pics, so glad you had a good time. Best to poor Tiger:(
Hugs,
Patti
Those pictures of the lake are beautiful.
Thanks for popping in to see my little felties. Hope you're doing well.
be a sweetie,
Shelia :)
Fabulous picture of you lady....you look wonderful!!
Gorgeous scenery Linda! You are a traveling gal! Love your shares.
Post a Comment