Monday, June 19, 2017

A Few Thrify Finds

June is proving to be another busy month!  I'm trying to regain my blogging mojo and have promised myself to just post even if I feel like I have little to say.  I need to get back into the habit.  I miss all of you.  
So while doing some purging in May I did find a few little things I just had to have!
My love of all things 'Paris' continues
This sweet Eiffel Tower has a new home here with me!
This cute little mug fits into the cubbies!
Like new pillow is on the futon!
A mug for the mornings and a reminder to follow that dream!
I had been keeping my eyes open for a small travel hairdryer for my craft room.  Sometimes I need to dry a watercolor before I can add more paint and this was $2 and perfect!
I think one of my favorite finds was this small aquarium.  I have been looking for one to hold the shells that I collect every time I go to the beach.  I'll put it on the top of the bookcase.

I enjoy the hunt and my finds are all thrifty and have a place in my home before I buy it.
  It's the new 'rule' of thrifting for me. 

The Grands have been so busy this summer.  Lots of day camps for Tiger and Scout is still going to daycare.  Sara is taking some graduate courses this summer and Blake is working and taking classes.  Busy family.
They had a little Father's Day trip to the mountains and had a wonderful time!
Blake is such a great Dad!

Sara took these photos of Scout and I'm so in love with them!


She loves the color pink (like her Grandma) and is such a girly girl but can play in the dirt and run with her big brother also! 


Wishing you JOY,

Linda

24 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Linda,
I'm so happy for you that you have such a wonderful family and grandchildren with whom you can spend your time. They are just precious. I love all of your Paris treasures, especially the metal Eiffel Tower. I'm getting ready to start weeding out some stuff too and have decided to keep only the things I love. Of course, it might be harder to do since I love everything! Enjoy your summer.

hugs,
Sissie

Simple and serene living Laura Walker said...

I love your new treasures. The perfect finds for you. Your grandchildren are so adorable. You are so lucky to live so close to them. xo Laura

Terra Hangen said...

Those photos of Scout are extra nice with the pink colors and hydrangea. I see you are enjoying family time and adding some Paris treasures. I spent two summers in Paris and remember it fondly.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The 'babies' are getting so BIG! I know you love being close to them to watch them grow. Love your thrift buys and the aquarium is a great idea. I need to find one! haha! Love your Paris pretties too...can't pass them up! Enjoy your afternoon Sis! Hugs!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Those grandkids are growing so fast! I love that aquarium.
Brenda

oldgreymareprimitives said...

Nothing better than happiness and joy <3

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Those are great photos of Scout! I'm not blogging much either. Instagram is easier and fun to do.Fun idea with the shells.
deb

Marigene said...

Great photos of Scout...she sure is her mother's daughter!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Great photos and some great finds

Chatty Crone said...

Oh Linda - such a wonderful life you have and I know you appreciate it and are grateful too. sandie

Susan said...

Happy to see your post, Linda. So glad all is well. Great finds. Kids are darling. Susan

Melanie said...

You got lucky with thrifting again! I stopped in Goodwill yesterday. Hadn't been there in about two months. Walked out empty-handed. I'm just not finding anything "good" there anymore like I used to. Seems a lot more junk. I even used to find nice clothes, but not anymore. Love the pictures of Scout...so pretty.

Rose L said...

Some good finds there! Your grand kiddies are adorable and sure that they perk up your heart!

Jeanie said...

I've been wanting one of those towers but new they are so pricey. Good for you finding it as a sale! And I love your pillow.

And of course the grands are just adorable! What a joy they must be to you!

bj said...

I love all your great finds...and all those seashells are sooo pretty.
Scout is a beauty.

Henny Penny said...

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. You do have beautiful grandchildren! I can see why you love those pictures of Scout. (I love her name)! She is absolutely adorable!! I enjoyed your pictures and seeing your thrift store finds...makes me want to go to Goodwill.

Mereknits said...

Linda, I can't believe how big those kids are getting. Scout is becoming a little girl not a toddler, wow! Love all your family photos.
Hugs,
Meredith

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Wow your grands are growing, and just so cute. Sweet finds! If you find your blogging mojo, please send me some, I need it too. :)

Art and Sand said...

I can't believe how big the kids are now or that you found your Eiffel Tower.

Susan Freeman said...

Your collections of shells is fabulous! I have lost my blogging mojo too and am trying to grab hold of it once again.

Love,
Susan and Bentley

Vintage Christine said...

I think more and more former bloggers are going to start blogging again. I'm tired of all the fighting and stupidity on Facebook. It's very easy to just pick up my phone and scroll down and down and down, losing hours and hours. Here I can choose the blogs I want to read on subjects that I love. I had such good blog friends!

Susan said...

I don't know where to start...love your finds, Viva La France! And that photo of Scout with the hydrangeas just put a smile on my face. Your collections of shells reminds me of my mother who loved them; don't know where they are now, but I have the memory. Father's Day looked like you all had the best time, XOXO

Deanies Stash said...

Your grandkids are adorable!! I love your finds. Have a super week.

xo Dianne

middlechild said...

Scout is absolutely beautiful. And the photos are perfect!