April is such a busy month around here but so much fun! So I haven't had as much time to watercolor as I hoped but have managed a few lessons and practice here and there!
I finished the Sweets class with
Various fruits...
and Ice Cream Cones
I really messed up the top left cone but after it dried I added some ink pen and it really helped. Teaching me to keep trying!
I took a class on painting a butterfly
screen shot of the butterfly we are going to paint...let's see if mine looks anything like this.
I started with a pencil sketch. I really hate sketching because I think I'm horrible at it, but following the lesson I gave it a try.
Not bad.
I mixed paint to get a color close to the teachers. It was fun and I'll try to do more color mixing soon.
I'm still having trouble getting the right mix of paint and water, but it will just take more practice.
As you can see I got mine way darker then the example but I like it. I added the wreath around it just because!
I decided to make some bookmarks for my Methodist women's circle. I had the program for April again and last year I made butterfly bookmarks for them. My daughter Sara really liked the daffodils I
painted a few weeks ago, so I decided it was simple and I could make 15 of them!
painted a few weeks ago, so I decided it was simple and I could make 15 of them!
I did! I think they came out pretty well.
Close up of a couple of them. Everyone loved getting them and I have some to share with the ladies in my Bible Study group also. I left them blank so they could add a favorite Bible verse of their own.
I'm just starting a new lesson on flowers again. Trying to be 'loose' with the brush and let the color 'flow'
I'll keep practicing and maybe do a bouquet on a good sheet of paper and see if it's frameable!
I do love the new watercolors I told you about last time. I need to learn much more about mixing colors for sure. I found a fabulous deal on some porcelain pallets with free shipping so purchased a couple.
I like mixing on the porcelain since the paint doesn't bead up like it does on plastic or metal pallets.
I'm hoping to have a thrifty finds post up on Friday! See you then!
Wishing you JOY,
Linda











22 comments:
You are really coming along there, Linda. The watercolors are turning out great. I am so happy that you have found something for "you" and that it is relaxing, we all need that.
I agree with your daughter. I love the daffodils.
Love the daffodils! You're doing great. I would never attempt what you're doing!
Brenda
I think it is wonderful that you are learning new skills. My version is my new garden I suppose. These old dogs learn new tricks every day. :D
Linda I am not kidding I think you are doing really great work - and how nice to bring to bible study and circle. You and I seem to follow the same path at church!! sandie
You are getting so good! Those bookmarks are just beautiful...I know the ladies in your group will love them. Such a sweet gift! Enjoy the rest of your week.
Hugs, Vicky
Enjoying each post with your watercolor lessons and paintings.
Joy
Lovin' the bookmarks Linda, I'm sure the ladies were happy to receive them:@)
Oh so pretty
Doing good! As long as you are enjoying yourself, that is the most important thing.
There's so much to love here, Linda! The ice cream cones look so cheerful, so sunny. They just make me want to have ice cream as I walk down the beach! And I think your butterfly turned out really well. But my favorite are the bookmarks. That's a great idea -- I should do watercolor bookmarks for my book club. They'd like them, everyone does. The daffodils are a great idea, especially at this time of year. So springy and pretty and you do them really well. Four star!
You're doing so well! Beautiful. Alas, I did not inherit my father's talent for painting. Sigh.
You're doing great Linda, and most importantly having fun. I love the bookmarks. I need to get back to my painting, I've neglected some things due to the extra hours I've needed to take care of hubby.
Keep your artistic side going! :)
You go girl...it looks like you are having so much fun with your new pastime of painting. I didn't get the artistic or musical gene, unfortunately...but love both. The book marks are awesome.
Happy Easter, Linda!
So glad you are enjoying your watercolours so much. They are really so different from any other medium. Keep up the good work. Love your bookmarks.
Judy
Oh Linda. The daffodils are beautiful and the butterfly, too. You are doing absolutely wonderfully. Keep up the good work, Linda. Susan
Your talent is growing! I love that you have found such a wonderful hobby, XOXO
I love your wonderful watercolors, Linda...especially the bookmarks! What a great idea! I am sure the ladies loved them! You are inspiring me to get back to doing some classes!
Each time I see one of you watercolor posts I get closer and closer to giving it a try. I'm not there yet!
Have a lovely Easter with your adorable grands!
I love the bookmarks you made! You are really progressing with these classes. Kudos to you. And, Happy Easter to you and your family! xoxo
You are really doing a great job! I adore those daffodil bookmarks :)
xo
Tu Mere Saath Nahi Chal Koi Baat Nahi, Lekin play bazaar
Yeh Banda Tere Liye Aansu Bahaye Aisi Teri Aukaat Nahi.satta king
Post a Comment