Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Happy Halloween & MRI Results

Happy Halloween!
I don't decorate like I use too, but as I showed you the other day I still have some witches and brooms around!
I found this McCoy planter at a thrift shop for a couple of dollars and love it with my Pumpkins and Ghosts!
I have been looking for a bread bowl for a long time and found this one on Ebay when I had a free $10 towards the price.  It's a bit smaller then I thought but it's still pretty!
My Doctor called with my MRI results

No stones in the biliary tract (yea)

I do have a Paraesophageal Hernia which I will have evaluated by a surgeon in January.  I knew I had a hiatial hernia and take reflux meds for it but this condition is worse and can cause more problems.  

I will have to have a CT Scan with Contrast to evaluate a few things further.

I have a Cyst on my Kidney - which is not uncommon  and most are just fluid filled, but the contrast/non-contrast scan will show more detail.  It was called 'medium' in size so my Dr wants it looked at.  

She has also referred me to a Gastroenterology Dr because the opening of my pancreas could be too small. I will see him on Nov 15th right before my trip.
The good news is my Doctor cleared me for my trip to Texas!  I'm so happy that Mom and I will be able to go to this family reunion.

I am to continue to eat low fat and smaller more frequent meals.  I've been trying this since my attack and I can tell it has helped.  So good news, no news and more tests!  Sounds about right.

Your prayers and good wishes have meant so much to me! Thank you!

Wishing you JOY,

Linda

22 comments:

oldgreymareprimitives said...

Good news! Enjoy your trip- stay safe and well. I see some pumpkins I recognize... <3

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You did get good news..the trip is on and I know that's important to you and your Mom. Hope everything else works out my friend. Taking care of yourself is the best medicine. Hugs!

We are: Clamco said...

Glad you got some answers so you can move forward. Hopefully you won't need surgery. Enjoy your family reunion!

Chatty Crone said...

Happy Halloween and have fun with the kids! Get well!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Hi Linda, glad the Family Reunion trip is on, that you can deal with the pain in a reasonable way through careful food choices and that you are booked for a scan. Hugs and have a good trip. Happy Halloween.
Joy

Brenda Pruitt said...

That's pretty good news my friend! I have a hiatal hernia too and have taken meds since I was about 30.
Brenda

Susan said...

Hi Linda. Oh gosh. I didn't know you weren't feeling well. Looks like you have everything under control and are taking the appropriate action steps needed. So glad you and your Mummy are going to the reunion in Texas. Susan

Junkchiccottage said...

This is great news Linda. Have a great time on your trip. Safe travels.
xoxo
Kris

Ron said...

Great news, Linda! Continued prayers! Happy Halloween and happy trip!

Rose L said...

Pray there is an easy solution with no surgery needed. You are on the road to solving the problem! That is good news!

Audrey said...

Love you little McCoy planter. So nice for Fall decorations. I would love to have a true antique wooden dough bowl, but way too expensive for me. I have a couple small ones and they are fun to use. I think you will enjoy the smaller one. Looks really pretty. Glad you are getting to make your trip. Where in Texas? Have a great time.
Hugs,
Audrey Z.

Connie in Hartwood said...

I smiled as I read this, seeing your touches of fall and hearing that your test results are encouraging.

Vonlipi said...

That is good news!

Enjoy the trip to Texas and the family reunion!

Hugs,

Valerie x

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Sending prayers and good wishes your way, Linda. I hope you and your mom have a wonderful time in Texas. Safe travels and hugs to you.

Mereknits said...

So glad you are able to go to Texas. Sort of mixed results, great that no bad news just stuff that needs further attention. Thinking of you Linda.

Susan said...

I'm glad you have the results and a plan of action! Enjoy your family trip to the reunion...my hubby will be in Texas for 2 1/2 weeks helping a credit union in San Antonio; the weather is great!

Melanie said...

I hope you are feeling better by now, Linda - and good news that you can go to Texas! Love your new McCoy planter and bread bowl.

Nancy Blue Moon said...

That McCoy planter is perfect for Fall Linda...so cute the way you arranged it!...I guess the best news is that you are allowed to make your trip to Texas!...I hope you and your mom have a wonderful time being together with family!

Vicky Hunt said...

Such pretty decorations! I'm glad to hear you get to go on your trip! Praying all goes well with your health issues. Hopefully nothing too major. Have a wonderful week my friend.

Hugs, Vicky

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Hooray for being able to travel! Have a great time. Just hate dealing with all the health issues that come with entering the "golden" years, more like "tin" years to me, lol.

Sweet fall decorations Linda! :)

Jann Olson said...

Oh Linda, I am so glad about your MRI results! Happy that you get to go to Texas and I pray that they will get it all figured out soon. Love the planter and the bread bowl!
hugs,
Jann

Donna said...

Hi Linda
I'm sorry about your health issues, but glad your MRI came back ok! Hope you are feeling better. Sure is hard to believe that Thanksgiving is next week!! This year just flew by!
Have a good week!
hugs
Donna