Saturday, September 23, 2017

HELLO!!! Anyone There?

I hope I haven't lost all of you with my lack of posts.  I didn't mean to take such a long break, but with hurricanes, a death in the family and trying to get back to normal here it is almost a month since I blogged.
I did spend some quality time with Ashleigh and it was so good to see her. The circumstances weren't the best. Still we were able to come together as a family and share our love for an amazing woman.  
So I cancelled my trip to Calif and lost big bucks on the plane ticket (grr) but I do have a credit to use up within the year.  So I'll plan a trip in the Spring maybe?  Ashleigh is home and back to work and life is moving forward.

Hurricane Irma dropped tons of rain and wind on us here in GA.  Sara and family had a tree come down and lost power for a week.  They stayed with me for meals, baths and some nights.  It was crazy and I forgot how noisy it is with two kids, 3 adults and a crazy cat in a small 2 bedroom duplex!  The kids were out of school for 3 days and Tiger had some fun!
He played chief hurricane inspector! 
This child has such an imagination! 

During all this time I didn't touch a paint brush but the other day looking out my window I saw this tree in our yard starting to turn colors and losing it's leaves.  I painted it and really I am happy with how it turned out.

I've much to share with you. A couple of junking adventures, keepsakes from family and more watercolors.  So I hope you are still with me! I promise to post again soon!

Wishing you JOY,
Linda



22 comments:

Cheri said...

Still here and checking on you. Can't wait to see what else you will be blogging about.

Brenda Pruitt said...

You did great with that tree! I have absolutely no creative ability when it comes to drawing or painting.
Brenda

Terra Hangen said...

Glad to see you back posting and I love your "storm inspector".

oldgreymareprimitives said...

Your watercolors are really progressing. Now that Hannah has a big dog , the visits with kids are "more" and Ben has a steady now with a dog so next visit is more plus more lol We just have to be grateful for any time.

Lynn said...

Glad to hear everyone made it through Irma ok! Lovin' the pic of Rosemary Scout with the bouquet on the sidebar-very pretty:@)

Connie in Hartwood said...

Still here! Glad to hear that you came through the storm okay. Even though it was hectic, there's nothing quite like a bit of storm-induced togetherness. I'll bet the Grands had a blast!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Sounds like a hard month...so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you could be with your family. xoxo

mary scott said...

I really like your watercolor - my favorite type painting. Thanks

Rose L said...

like your watercolor. Glad to know you are all okay!

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Linda,
Good to see your post tonight. Glad you did not have too much damage as Irma brought on so many storms. Glad you could give shelter to your family. Have a good Sunday.
xoxo
Kris

We are: Clamco said...

It's nice to know there are still kids playing outside using their imagination. How wonderful. Love your tree!

Melanie said...

Yes, we're still out here! I'm so sorry to hear about the death in your family. Love your watercolor of the tree - it's been amazing to see how much you've learned and grown in this process. xoxo

Chatty Crone said...

I am still here. You have had a rough month. I am so sorry about your kids grandmother - right? And Tiger is so cute - he does have such a great imagination!

Claudia said...

Love Tiger! And that's a lovely photo of you and Ashleigh. I'm glad you're back to painting. I'm sure it will help you heal after all you've been through, my friend. xo

Simple and serene living Laura Walker said...

Glad Tiger is keeping up all safe with his hurricane inspections. I love your painting. xo Laura

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I am still here and will be when you are as that is how I roll

Susan said...

So glad you're on the mend from the hurricane and losing your mother-in-law. Tiger looks quite serious about this job and I know if this goof ball in the WH doesn't realize we have a climate problem, he'll certainly have a job in the future;-)

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Here are accounted for Linda! :) I wonder the same, is anybody out there? But you still get lots of comments and love, it's all good! Sorry about your trip. That storm sure caused havoc. It seems like September has been a rough time due to health and personal issues for lots of folks. I'm looking forward to October. :) Love the sweet photo of mother-daughter love!

Donna Wilkes said...

Still reading and watching what happens next. Great pic of you and Ashleigh. Tiger is so grown up - it's a amazing how fast they change. Lovely tree - wonderful job with the depth and perspective.

Regine Karpel said...

Sorry for your loss.

Donna said...

Hi Linda
I'm here:) After taking a blogging break of one year. Sorry that it's been such a difficult time for you. Wow, I think our country sure could use some good news. Hurricanes, floods, mass shootings, and so much hatred, not to mention outrageous politics. Sending you a big hug!

Rue said...

The hurricane inspector made this post, my friend! What a great kid to turn it into a fun time :)

I'm so sorry for your loss. Prayers for you.

xo,
rue