Friday, October 21, 2016

Thrifty Friday Finds

I promised to show you what I bought at this diggers antique store called 
I saw lots of things I liked but the prices seemed high.  I found two things and one wasn't marked.  When I asked she made me a good price so I realized she would bargain with you.  It was time to move on to our next stop, so these are the only two items I purchased.
Pottery of course! 
The white planter was $1 (NapcoWare) and the sweet little turquoise was $3
I have a good size collection of white pottery now and plan to showcase it in my home somewhere soon. 
I researched the little turquoise piece and found this out.  Made by Vitreous China, San Antonio, Texas.  I found these listed as Alamo Pottery and made in the late 40's - 50's.  This piece is a small tulip bowl.  The color is really pretty and a great addition to my pottery collection.
If I ever get up that way I will visit that store again and try to bargain more! 

We then went to Seneca, SC and found 'thrift shop row'....REALLY!  About 5 or 6 thrift shops on this one street.  And yes I stopped at almost all of them, but really didn't buy much!
This was a fun book,  I only collect S&P Orphans but it's a good reference guide and at $2 I decided to buy it.
I never pass up a good glass container especially if it's .25
My Mom has an ice cream scoop like this one and I love it so this .50 version came home with me. 
My best find at the thrifts was this Japanese made flower frog.
I have quite the collection of pottery flower frogs now and plan to do a series on them soon.  Only $2 so a bargain!

What have you found lately?

Come back on Monday for a giveaway!

Wishing you JOY,

Linda


14 comments:

Vicky Hunt said...

Sounds like a fun day! I hardly every go thrifting anymore but do still enjoy it every now and then. You found some nice things. Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs, Vicky

Lynn said...

Your bird vase is really cute-enjoy:@)

bj said...

you found some great items..you always do...;)

Donna Wilkes said...

The turquoise tulip bowl is definitely my favorite.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I have a thing for salt and pepper shakers, years ago I had a number of sets but not anymore as they have vanished I suspect one of my daughters got rid of them

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

You found some fun pottery...and I would love to find that ice cream scoop! Looks like a great day!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

love the pottery, I just got some little ones last week.

Audrey said...

Glad you found some more pottery for your collection. Really nice pieces. I have some small pottery pitchers and every time I look at them, I think of you. That store does look like a "diggers" fun place to go.
Thanks for sharing your finds.

Chatty Crone said...

Know when did you go there - you are just going every where!

Art and Sand said...

Steve just told me he needs another glass jar for his coffee. See your jar makes me think I should look at thrift shops first.

Diann said...

Fun finds Linda! I can't wait to see your white pottery displayed. THAT will be so pretty.

Mereknits said...

You always find such wonderful things Linda, well done.
Meredith

Shelia said...

Yay! Look at all of your treasures! You always seem to find the neatest things. I love that little birdie thing. Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Sounds like you had a great junkin' adventure. You always find such fun treasures at the best prices. Even if price guides are outdated, they're always a great reference for identification.