Friday, September 9, 2016

Friday Finds and Some Gifts!!

I'm back again and doing another Friday Finds post.  I'm also going to share some really special gifts I've received!

It has been almost too hot to thrift shop!
Almost!
At my cheap thrift store I found this pink baking dish that matches some other little custard cups I have!  $1
The little cordial glass was .50 and matches another one I have.  When we set a special holiday meal with wine I use these glasses for the Grands (they get grape juice or sprite).  So nice to have another one of these.
The bell was also .50 and I just wanted it!  I imagine the next time Tiger comes to visit I might be sorry!
I found this very chipped but oh so cute early McCoy pottery planter and since it will fit in the cubbies I just had to have it.  
"paid too much" 
My favorite finds this week!  I stopped at the Habitat for Humanity and found nothing and was heading out the door when these two cuties caught my eye.  They were up by the cash register.  So for $3 total I knew they were bargains!
The flower with the bird in Royal Copley and I have a few similar pieces I need to research.  The orphan salt shaker joins that collection.

Now for the gifts!
Three years ago I was in Paris!
Enjoying my dream of a lifetime trip! 
Everyone knows my love of all things Paris and especially the Eiffel Tower.
Recently one of my friends gave me these salt & pepper shakers.
They are so cute!  Thank you Brandy!

This is my chromebook that I love (a gift from my daughter Ashleigh) and a new PINK mouse!  My Mom bought me the mouse when my old one stopped working and I was complaining about how hard it was to edit photos without one!  I love it and it's cordless! 

But my best gift by far came from my dear friend Claudia.  We both lost our beloved furry children at the beginning of 2016.  One of Claudia's readers, Shanna does beautiful watercolors and gifted Claudia with a picture of her wonderful dog Scout.  I've longed for a watercolor of Charlie and this week thanks to Claudia and Shanna I have one!
I can't wait to get it framed and on my wall.  Thank you both for this most precious gift! 

Wishing you JOY,

Linda

26 comments:

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

What are gorgeous watercolor of Charlie, and how wonderful to have a painting of him! I love the sweet McCoy and Royal Copley pieces you found. Breaking down and hitting the thrift store myself tomorrow. :)

Claudia said...

Shanna did such a great job, my friend! Charlie is beautiful and will always be beautiful. Can't wait to see him in a frame and in a place of honor.

xo
Claudia

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Hello Linda, i love your finds and the pink and turquoise are just beautiful. I love your picture of your cat. Paris is one place I definitely want to visit and you must of loved your vacation there. I hope all is well with you. Take care and enjoy the weekend.
Julie xo

Susan said...

What a keepsake of Charlie! I know you will cherish it. Your finds are always interesting and unique! Love these Friday posts:-D

Cozy Little House said...

Nice finds. Nice gift. I know you will cherish it.
Brenda

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You'll love having the painting of Charlie! And all of your goodies are very nice. Love everything you've collected from Paris! It doesn't seem 3 years ago that you went though. I thought it was last year! heehee! Hugs!

Chatty Crone said...

You have some wonderful friends (and I should know - lol).

That looks just like Charlie!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the salt and pepper shakers.

And the plate with the bird - so you.

Well I have to say for me - it is toooooooooooooooooooo hot to shop.

Love, sandie

Lynn said...

Cute S&P's and I'm lovin' the painting of Charlie-enjoy:@)

Vicky Hunt said...

You found a some great things and received such nice gifts! But, that watercolor of Charlie is priceless! I know you will treasure it. Have a lovely weekend my friend!

Hugs, Vicky

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Hi Linda - a great post of pretties, useful things and then a painting of your sweet Charlie and a new mouse and birthdays and grandkids. Hugs.
Joy

Rose L said...

Love the cat watercolor. So nice. I am glad you love France!

My thrift store addiction said...

Linda, love that Royal Copley and the watercolor is just too sweet. I know you will treasure it ;)

Sarah said...

Linda, I haven't stopped in to a thrift store in months. Need to plan an outing. ;-)
Love the sweet watercolor of Charlie.

Audrey said...

Good things Linda ... love the Royal Copley dish and the lone bird is so cute. Thoughtful gifts too. The painting is a treasure.
Hugs,
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Vonlipi said...

That is a darling watercolor. Charlie is just adorable on it.

I love all your finds and it is okay to spend too much once in a while!

Hugs,

Valerie xxx

Marigene said...

What a beautiful painting of Charlie! I bet Tiger and Scout love using "grown up" wine glasses.
Enjoy the weekend...I will if it stops raining!

EM said...

What a wonderful tribute to a special fellow! I love that Royal Copley bird piece.

Rebecca said...

What wonderful finds AND gifts!
Have a great weekend.

Sandi said...

Beautiful treasures from days past. Love it!

Have you written on here about your Paris trip? I'd love to hear more! And see pics!

Mereknits said...

Claudia is the best! I love that watercolor, just beautiful.
Meredith

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

It was a good week! Love the sweet pink bowl and those adorable salt & pepper shakers. The watercolor of Charlie is SO precious.

Melanie said...

I love that beautiful bird dish that you found - I would've snatched that right up, too! Your Eiffel Tower salt and pepper shakers are so cool - and I know how much they will mean to you. But that painting of Charlie...the best gift of all. I know you will treasure that forever.

Joy H said...

love that watercolor and pink mouse. My kids got me a purple HP mini for Mothers Day and I love it. Need a mouse though..

Summer said...

The pink baking dish is so sweet! Nice finds ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

Donna Wilkes said...

So touching for someone to gift a lovely painting of Charlie. Love the sweet bird orphan and the pink dish. What do you mean it is too hot to hunt!?!

Knatolee said...

Ooo lovely painting! And a pink mouse! :)