Saturday, July 30, 2016

Junkin' with Donna & The Pink Post

I had a junkin date with my friend Donna (Distressed Donna Down Home)
We had to reschedule it due to my unplanned surgery but we were able to set a new date.  This time I drove to Augusta to meet her and see her booth!
We hit several thrift stores and antique malls during the day.  Now I confess to trying to take photos with my phone several times but it just would not work!  Too Hot? 
Who knows, but we had a blast and as the day progressed most of my purchases had a common theme...PINK!
So here is the Pink Post!
This bowl was $1 and the decorated edge is raised and just so darn pretty!
This big stoneware crock is a lovely shade of PINK!
A sweet little Fire King berry bowl and an orphan shaker for my collection
This Hull pottery pitcher was so unusual and had so much PINK on it and was such a great price I had to have it.
A pretty PINK flower frog for my growing collection and I also found
this clear glass oval frog with large holes for candles.  Great prices on both.
These PINK pottery bookend planters had to be my favorite purchase.  A pretty low price and when I got to the checkout, 1/2 price!!  Score. 

Donna and I had lunch at The Boil Weevil Cafe in Augusta, GA.  Such a cute little cafe and the sandwiches were excellent.  BUT, the desserts are out of this world!  I got to choose a piece of cake since we were celebrating my Birthday and it was a really hard choice. I finally went with the Coffee Toffee, layers of chocolate cake with a hint of coffee iced with coffee buttercream and dark chocolate genache!   Our waiter added a drizzle of raspberry over the whipped cream.  So this is probably the best cake I have EVER had!  Huge piece which Donna and I shared and I still had some to take home.  I would drive back there just for that cake! 

Donna and I always exchange gifts! 
I was able to pick out some things from her booth.  This PINK chalk board that Donna made and this PINK quilt that I saw on her blog and requested she save for me!  As always we had a great time!  Donna blogged about our adventure here so you can check out her great finds! 

Blogging Friends and Junkin Buddies
are the BEST!

Wishing you JOY,
Linda

28 comments:

oldgreymareprimitives said...

I had to smile as I remembered someone who resembled you trying to downsize and purge some collections? hmmmmm? My imagination?
Just pulling your chain- you always find fun stuff.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

How fun! Sounds like the two of you had a wonderful time junking, chatting, and eating.
Love your pink goodies especially the flower frog.

Jane, Naples, Florida said...

Linda, I love all your pink finds! Must have been so much fun junking with Donna! Jane Flora Doora

Lynn said...

I love the flower frog with candle holes! That will be fun-enjoy:@)

Shelia said...

Hi Linda! Oh, how much fun you must have had! I love your pretty pink treasures you've found! Always wonderful to celebrate your wonderful day!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Chatty Crone said...

I think I remember someone who downsized A LOT - hey don't feel bad - I did the same thing - now my house is full again. Your 'pink' items were wonderful and so was your time!

Susan said...

Can I come next time!! How sweet your finds are and I love those bookends too, XOXO

My thrift store addiction said...

How fun! Love the pinks & your pretty Fire King Primrose!

Donna Wilkes said...

Linda, you have a pink passion unlike any I have seen before! Even the cake with the raspberry drizzle match this pink post. You did find real winners - the bookend vases are my favorites. Fall - the next trip - Okay?

Audrey said...

Hi Linda ... love all your finds. Have never seen a round flower frog with a place for candles. Unique idea. The Hull pitcher is really neat. Junking with Donna must be a lot of fun. I would enjoy that, but doubt that I could keep up with her. Glad you had that wonderful trip to celebrate your birthday.
Hugs,
Audrey z.

Rebecca said...

Now that DOES look like fun! The cake sounds especially wonderful to me. I like the pink flower frog (and lots of the other stuff, too)!

Mary 120 Spring Street said...

Love the pink, such pretty things you found!
Mary

Pondside said...

I'd have chosen that cake too!
I love all your pink - you really had a good time, you two!

Summer said...

That Fire King berry bowl is really charming ♥

summerdaisy.net

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Linda, you are definitely in the pink! Love all your finds and it looks like you had a great time with Donna. Did you bring us back some cake? ;) I especially love that Hull pottery, so unique.

How great that the two of you are close enough to occasionally get together. I've yet to find a Blogger friend in my area.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Nice I do so like

Consider It All Joy said...

Well, there is absolutely Nothing wrong with Pink Finds! So many great pieces! But I'm sure that your time spent with a friend outweighs all the beautiful pieces you got! Glad you had a fun time. Blessings, Cindy xo

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

How fun! Meeting up with blog friends is always a special time!

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

I have friends that collect the Hull pattern you bought. It's called Blossom Flite. Great find!!! I have never seen a flower frog that accommodates candles... wow! Sounds like you and Donna had a great time and you definitely found some great things!

Melissa Stanley said...

Looks like you 2 had a great time! :)

Little Vintage Cottage said...

I love all your finds Linda... my favorite is that pink glass flower frog though, I've never seen a pink one before! You and Donna look like you had so much fun!

Tania

EM said...

Looks like you all had a lot of fun! I love that plate!

Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

ooh, those flower frogs are way cool

Shelia said...

Hi Linda! Are you finding spots for all of these goodies? I looked at your Insties and I thought you had some lovely pictures. I do hope someone can answer some of my questions.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Melanie said...

Glad you had such a good time thrifting and junking with your friend! Love the quilt you got at your friend's shop. That Fire King bowl you got...I have a stack of plates in the same pattern. :-)

Marigene said...

Looks like you ladies had fun shopping! Love the Hull pitcher, it is adorable.Beautiful quilt, Linda.
Have a great weekend!

Shelia said...

Hi Linda! Wish I lived close to you, I know we'd have a great time! :) Hope you're continuing to feel well and hve had a nice weekend.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Lindy Feray said...

I'm a thrifter from Australia. I am also downsizing but I just can't resist those great bargains! I've been through a pink phase, now it's blue! I really love your bookends and thank you for sharing them